Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Akin Famewo - sold to Sheff Wed by Norwich (p13)

Comments

• Options
    The loan in itself is very good news, but the option to buy is both a vote of confidence in Akin from our side, and equally shows that he's really happy to be with us. It may only be triggered by promotion, but it's still a really positive sign all round
    More often than not the option to buy will not be dependant on triggers. Effectively it means Norwich have to accept our bid for the player if it matches the amount set out in the contract. Whether the player then is happy to sign permanently and can agree terms is a completely different question and Akin himself may only be interested in signing permanently should we be promoted.
    I'm 99% sure he'll only be signing on a perm, if we go up. 
  • Options
    Great news. Double decker bus booked for May. 
  • Options
    What about Connor Ogilvie, he can cover our lb need, and be backup lcd.
  • Options
    Didn’t think we’d get him back. Excellent signing. 
  • Options
    quality…really pleased with this
  • Options
    Very impressed with that.

Didn't think we had a cat in hells chance.
  • Options
    Very good signing. Knows the club and manager. Is a quality young player who can grow with us. Him and Innis are a formidable centre back pairing at this level and even the one above.

I wonder if this also means Tucker is a no go? And this says to Scally ‘we ain’t desperate mate, lower your price’?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    We’ll sign another right sides cb I’m sure. But I’d expect us to bring in other positions first.

wingers x 2
    Striker
    LB
    CM x 2 

should be prioritised first.
    As long as they all come in the order isn’t important. You don’t want to miss out on the right player in a position we need.
    Yeah, sorry Jack Tucker you can't sign, we're doing left back this week.
  • Options
    Great news. Double decker bus booked for May. 
    You off to Sheffield then?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    AMAZING News. 

Addicks59 & LeaburnForever go green again. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My vote for player of the year last year. A hugely impressive signing as a loan: the option to buy is just brilliant.

Welcome home Akin! 
  • Options
    I like him. 
    Good news. 
  • Options
    Very pleased with this. Keep him and Innis fit and we have a great central defence with JP as back up. 
  • Options
    Well this has quite made my day. I really hope he and Innis can stay fit this season, so we can see them play together for a longer stretch.
  • Options
    We’ll sign another right sides cb I’m sure. But I’d expect us to bring in other positions first.

wingers x 2
    Striker
    LB
    CM x 2 

should be prioritised first.
    Although bringing in summer signings usually works on availability of player rather than as a priority.

Meaning that there is already a list of prospects, deals are being worked on simultaneously among a number of players, some players agree to sign and some don't - regardless of position.

And there will be some squad places earmarked to be filled by a loanee.

The objective is to fill all the missing pieces in the squad before the window closes.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:
    People keep saying IF we can keep him fit. I know Innis has a poor injury record but I'm not aware Famwoe has, I know he was injured last season but is there a history of it previously ?
    Neither of them had ever played more than about 15 games in a season before last season.

Intresting fact, Famewo made his professional debut as a sub for former Addick Jordan Cook. 
    Have all his loans not been half season ones though? Inniss is definitely a concern, had a lot of loan spells and struggled with injuries pretty much throughout, but don't think Famewo fits the same criteria. We definitely need a quality third choice CB though, if we can get 60 appearances from Famewo and Inniss I'd be delighted but we need another one capable of stepping in. 
  • Options
    Welcome back home Akin…well happy with the return of Fams,another part of the rebuild & I like it…👍
  • Options
    This was a surprise! I didn't really see much of him last season tbh, but fellow lifers seem very happy! Good to see we have an option to buy  as this now feels less like a loan and more like a proper signing for the future, assuming he does well. COYA 
  • Options
    I don’t trust Innis fitness wise but Famewo is a top drawer. Pace, intelligence, strong and with so much time to improve. Our best signing so far. If we can manage a right footed centre back and with MacGillivray already here that could be a good enough trio for promotion and championship football.

it really is all starting to look good, I would say we are around 4-5 signings away from being promotion contenders 

• Options
    After his one injury lay off, Innis did play out the rest of the season without any further setbacks. I took comfort from that.

A strong end to season and full pre season = fingers crossed (but yes am aware of his record).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Great signing although we still need one more CB imo.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Great signing and like the option to buy. 

Another centre back and a left back and that’s defence sorted. 
    Think we need 2 centre backs personally given the injury records. Not sure I'd want Pearce playing for a prolonged period. 
    Towards the end of last season Pearce put in some splendid performances.
    He’s more than capable IMHO.
  • Options
    Pearce is a great player for us, the absolute perfect back up centre back, hope he finishes his career here 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Really dont understand the stick Pearce gets,he was 3rd choice last year,he played games when Innis and Famewo where out,he had different partners almost every week,some not even Centre Backs.Sure he looked suspect not knowing what was going on around him.When he had a reliable partner he  was fine,and did us proud,and no doubt when called upon this year he will not let us down.
    Yes he played with a lot of partners but during that spell he managed to look worse than all of them. 

He did find some form towards the end but for a spell he was abysmal. Remember the header back to Amos?

I'm sure he would take responsibility for his own mistakes and not blame the person next to him. 

With the injury records of Inniss and Famewo, Pearce will probably play another 20 games this season, so let's hope he doesn't have another spell like that. Because if he does, we're stuffed.
  • Options
    Very pleased with this signing and would love to see the loan made permanent. In combination with Inniss we’ll have as good a centre back pairing as any in the league, and they’ll also pose a real threat from set pieces. Let’s hope Inniss can avoid the injuries that have plagued his career so far. Just need a top notch left back to finish off the package. 
  • Options
    Really dont understand the stick Pearce gets,he was 3rd choice last year,he played games when Innis and Famewo where out,he had different partners almost every week,some not even Centre Backs.Sure he looked suspect not knowing what was going on around him.When he had a reliable partner he  was fine,and did us proud,and no doubt when called upon this year he will not let us down.
    Definitely. I think the issue with Pearce as you've pointed out is that you'd assume he'd be the senior centre back in a pairing given his experience but he actually needs someone alongside him to drag him round the pitch and make sure he's in the right place. He can't be relied on to marshal a defence, and neither could Deji, Gunter or Pratley so Pearce struggled unless he was with Inniss or Famewo who are much more organised on the pitch. He'll be another year older this season but when there need to be blocks flying in at the end of a game and heads put in where they're likely to get kicked to clear a ball I'd be happy to see Pearce there
  • Options
    Good signing, the guy would from Cheltenham would be another good addition, although like a lot of players we have made bids for it is a game of poker, we have submitted our bid and it could be accepted at the 11th hour if they have nothing else.
  • Options
    Get up and hopefully we can keep him.