Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Akin Famewo - sold to Sheff Wed by Norwich (p13)

Comments

• Options
    A very good bit of business.
  • Options
    Delighted with this one
  • Options
    Very happy with this news today 👍
  • Options
    proper signing that one
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Corr this is bloody excellent news! Things are starting to come together 😬
    I've no doubt they always were. 

With all the fretting on CL, I don't suppose the club picked up the phone this morning and thought they'd best make an enquiry.

It would have been negotiating for a while.

Maybe I should have said we are starting to see everything come together, and with plenty of time until the first game.

Can't wait to see who's next in
  • Options
    Great signing and like the option to buy. 

Another centre back and a left back and that’s defence sorted. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Corr this is bloody excellent news! Things are starting to come together 😬
    I've no doubt they always were. 

With all the fretting on CL, I don't suppose the club picked up the phone this morning and thought they'd best make an enquiry.

It would have been negotiating for a while.

Maybe I should have said we are starting to see everything come together, and with plenty of time until the first game.

Can't wait to see who's next in
    Yep, I totally agree with you there.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Excellent. Really, excellent. 
  • Options
    Yep......pleased with this.
    Pearce is also good cover, he’ll always give 100%.
  • Options
    Perfect signing. Not sure what we’d pay if we take up the option but if he has a good season it’ll be a bargain.
  • Options
    Was this the deal you'd heard about @Covered_End_Lad
    Nope, the one I was told about was Solomon-Otobor. It seems he failed his medical, I was told he had signed so not quite sure what happened there.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Option to buy him too!
    Very pleased at that - perfect scenario in fact, if he does well again we buy him, if he has a nightmare season or gets injured etc we don't.

Very.good but of business, well done to the club.
    I suspect on Akin's part if we get promoted he'll want to stay and if we don't he'll be looking to head to a higher league
  • Options
    That is an absolutely outstanding signing - superb player!
  • Options
    Like I said this is one we just could not afford to buy now .. so next best thing 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    good signing
  • Options
    Defence looks much stronger than a few hours ago. I'd happily start the season Mac, Matthews, Famewo, Inniss, Purrington. 
    Now... onto the attacking areas please! Then pop back for the traditional exciting left-back on loan. 
  • Options
    Well chuffed with that.....especially as when Golfie Jnr broke the news to me just now I thought he meant Akinfenwa  !!

Thought he did really well last season & had a bit of "Naby" about him. 

Shame I cant post on the rumours thread about it as some people wont believe I'm actually happy for once  !!
    Nice one, Golfie! :smile:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Amazing signing, the option to buy is just the cherry on top. 

Innis and Famewo were the best defence duo I’ve seen in years - it’s such a shame they’re both so injury prone. 

We’ll still need some solid cover to rotate. 
  • Options
    Like I said this is one we just could not afford to buy now .. so next best thing 
    Is Thomas gonna nip to Vegas next summer and try and win the transfer fund then? 
  • Options
    great news
  • Options
    Does the option to buy mean they can't nick him back, or do we have to actually buy him to secure his services for the season?