Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Akin Famewo - sold to Sheff Wed by Norwich (p13)

Comments

• Options
    Seems like a good signing. 
  • Options
    Hi Cafc43v3r said:
    Like for like for Nabby :-) 
    Own goal in a 2-1 win at Wembley and I’ll be happy.
  • Options
    Local lad, better than Sarr, what's not to like.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    How would you know if he's better than Sarr? Been watching him have you?

I've never heard of him, hope he's decent but sounds a very different player from comments.
  • Options
    Local lad, better than Sarr, what's not to like.
    Literally no one is better than Sarr  :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gallen and Bowyer know what they are doing in terms of bringing people in, but I agree with Dazzler. How can any of us say he is better than Sarr without seeing him play? We should say, hopefully he is another of their inspired signings.
  • Options
    Gallen and Bowyer know what they are doing in terms of bringing people in, but I agree with Dazzler. How can any of us say he is better than Sarr without seeing him play? We should say, hopefully he is another of their inspired signings.
    People perhaps basing what they say on what Bowyer said about him?

• Options
    Which is fine as Bowyer knows what he is talking about but I doubt many of us will know much about a Norwich U-23 player. Naby is a championship defender so it is down to him to show us he is better rather than us just assume it. 
  • Options
    I would normally say that if my wife, sons or daughter smile then I smile. Add Bows to that list. I love him.
  • Options
    Expecting him to be better than Sarr is unrealistic and unfair on the player.

He has been sent out to learn his trade. He maybe as good, but Sarr’s passing was exceptional though so unlikely to have that is his play. Hopefully he won’t make as many mistakes as Sarr. 
    I would be happy with a consistent centre half. Good luck to the guy.
  • Options
    Can he be recalled during the season?
  • Options
    We’ve got some really good midfielders at the club now. More than happy for Akin to keep it simple and feed the ball to one of them. I’d be very happy for him to be a centre half first and make sure we don’t concede as his number one priority.
    If we do sign Matthews and Lynch then our defence suddenly starts to look pretty decent along with the midfield.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Expecting him to be better than Sarr is unrealistic and unfair on the player.

He has been sent out to learn his trade. He maybe as good, but Sarr’s passing was exceptional though so unlikely to have that is his play. Hopefully he won’t make as many mistakes as Sarr. 
    I would be happy with a consistent centre half. Good luck to the guy.
    Naby's passing was a joy to watch; however, one thing I expect from a centre back is the ability to defend. Anything else is a bonus.
  • Options
    Hi Cafc43v3r said:
    Like for like for Nabby :-) 
    Own goal in a 2-1 win at Wembley and I’ll be happy.
    Not if it’s the EFL Trophy , are we still in it .... please tell me we’re out 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I am and always will be a fully paid member of the Nabster fan club but if Famewo can defend well and maybe chip in a few goals too then I will take that quite happily even if he isn't Sarr mk.2
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    I am and always will be a fully paid member of the Nabster fan club but if Famewo can defend well and maybe chip in a few goals too then I will take that quite that quite happily even if he isn't Sarr mk.2
    And there has to be a decent chance of that given Gallen and Bowyers record. I do think there has to be an understanding between centre halves so he might be best starting on the bench today though.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    I am and always will be a fully paid member of the Nabster fan club but if Famewo can defend well and maybe chip in a few goals too then I will take that quite that quite happily even if he isn't Sarr mk.2
    And there has to be a decent chance of that given Gallen and Bowyers record. I do think there has to be an understanding between centre halves so he might be best starting on the bench today though.
    Probably correct but boy do we need the defence stiffening up. Personally I would stick him in. Let the understanding start today. 
  • Options
    Thought  he was our best defender  today, that tells you how many defenders we still need.
    Probably our best outfield player today