Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Akin Famewo - sold to Sheff Wed by Norwich (p13)

Comments

• Options
    For me that is a brow raiser signing. 
  • Options
    Could even fit his name in the Naby song. Hopefully he clears through players like his predecessor
  • Options
    How much happier does Bowyer look!
    Noticed so far that it's been a loan and free signing/s, I do wonder if looking for players on the cheap is the way we will go, Thomas said they have the same vision with recruitment and both SG and LB know how to drive a bargain. Will we will dip our hands in our pockets? 

Not disappointed so far, and my previous analysis is definitely not a dig at anyone, two much needed signings so far! 
    If loans and freebies get us out of this league then all good. Splash some cash next season when we are hopefully trying to stabalise as a Championship team. 
  • Options
    How much happier does Bowyer look!
    Noticed so far that it's been a loan and free signing/s, I do wonder if looking for players on the cheap is the way we will go, Thomas said they have the same vision with recruitment and both SG and LB know how to drive a bargain. Will we will dip our hands in our pockets? 

Not disappointed so far, and my previous analysis is definitely not a dig at anyone, two much needed signings so far! 
    I think it will be like the Powell and Chappel model.  Although I think Thomas would dip his hand in his pocket if they convinced him it would make a difference. 
  • Options
    Welcome.cafc 
  • Options
    At the very least it is much needed cover.
  • Options
    Norwich do seem to like signing Luton defenders. Jamal Lewis and Max Aarons were also signed from Luton as youngsters
  • Options
    Norwich do seem to like signing Luton defenders. Jamal Lewis and Max Aarons were also signed from Luton as youngsters
    Luton seem to have a decent youth setup themselves when you consider Jack Wilshere came from there too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    all very good but what is his squad number?
  • Options
    Luton seem to have a decent youth setup themselves when you consider Jack Wilshere came from there too
    Plus Jay Da Silva and Jerome Thomas. 
  • Options
    Welcome aboard, Akin. This is just getting better and better.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    "Aggressive and composed"

So not a sarr replacement at all then...

It hurt typing that... Nabbs ❤️
    Naby was TOO composed haha. Not aggressive enough though yeah, maybe 

Very exciting signing. I do like how he describes himself as composed. Whether he has any flair...well, nobody will ever measure up. Maybe it's time for our midfielders to have the flair anyway 
  • Options
    Welcome aboard, Akin. This is just getting better and better.
  • Options
    38 and plays for Wycombe ?
    And supposedly we are going to play him at the back.

All hail the new era  !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think this thread needs to be a sticky incidentally!

It's fairly unusual for us to sign a young loan CB, I can't remember the last one of a similar age
  • Options
    I think this thread needs to be a sticky incidentally!

It's fairly unusual for us to sign a young loan CB, I can't remember the last one of a similar age
    Bielik 😉
  • Options
    only 26 career games so far. 
    Missed a bit of time with injury at Luton. 
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    6ft 2ins before anybody asks
    Thankyou, was just about to ask.
  • Options
    So ...... I wondered about his contract situation at Norwich.

Had a little scooby on their OS, turns out Famewo joined City’s academy in January 2019 from Luton Town on an 18 month contract and became the captain of their Under-23s team for the 2019-20 season.

They must have been impressed because in November 2019 he 
    signed a new three-and-a-half-year contract with the Club, extending his stay at Carrow Road until June 2023.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    So ...... I wondered about his contract situation at Norwich.

Had a little scooby on their OS, turns out Famewo joined City’s academy in January 2019 from Luton Town on an 18 month contract and became the captain of their Under-23s team for the 2019-20 season.

They must have been impressed because in November 2019 he signed a new three-and-a-half-year contract with the Club, extending his stay at Carrow Road until June 2023.

He even came on as a sub against Man City in July in the Premier League. 

He must be rated. 
  • Options
    He looks like he won't take any prisoners on the pitch so he is an ok for me