Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Akin Famewo - sold to Sheff Wed by Norwich (p13)

Comments

• Options
    He's rubbish and it's going to take us all season to get a tune out of him, maybe next season too
  • Options
    Deserves the plaudits after Inniss got sent off

Mentioned it on the Player Marks thread but think Akin has been unfortunate of late as he's been just as solid as Ryan but seems to have been ignored a little bit
  • Options
    I think it odds on he gets recalled in January unfortunately. The bloke is pure class 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I think it odds on he gets recalled in January unfortunately. The bloke is pure class 
    I am not sure, big step up and diffrence between League 1 and The Championship.
  • Options
    Big test for him against Pompey, looked solid tonight.
  • Options
    Never mind Norwich recalling him, I'm getting worried Liverpool might take a look as VVD's replacement!
    I think they're targeting Darren Purse
  • Options
    Wonder if we will put in to buy him in January rather than lose him. Depends how much Norwich value him at maybe! 
    A bigger issue is likely to be how much of his wages we are currently paying. If Norwich are paying some of them, then if we sign him permanently that's likely to take us over the wage cap.
  • Options
    Was brilliant tonight 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    100% - they’ve only got 3 CB’s and need another as cover. 

I’d be amazed if he’s still here on January 2nd. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    100% - they’ve only got 3 CB’s and need another as cover. 

I’d be amazed if he’s still here on January 2nd. 
    At least Bowyer and Gallen shouldn't be caught by surprise, they'll be very aware of the risk of him being recalled and have 2 months to look for a potential replacement
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he’s looked very average since he came back from injury. Strong, but his passing has looked very poor. He’ll be out on load again next year assuming Norwich get promoted. No way is he ready for the Prem. 
  • Options
    He’s got great potential but he’s not the finished article. Cock ups like Saturday can happen to anyone, even the best players. He just needs to learn and grow from it. He could do with improving his distribution, but he’s strong, quick and (usually) reliable. Also, he’s a left footer playing on the right side of defence. Looks far more comfortable on the left.
    I’d like us to try to hang on to him - try to get a permanent deal. He’s a real prospect, but I can’t see how he’ll get into the Norwich side next year in the prem. If they think he’s too far away from prem level, maybe he and they would be open to a move.
  • Options
    Zero chance he signs for us, unfortunately... He is class. Could potentially see him being available for another loan though

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Zero chance he signs for us, unfortunately... He is class. Could potentially see him being available for another loan though
    His contract runs to June 2023, if he's loaned out next season and Norwich stay up, there will have been zero point in not selling.

I think £1.5m would get him, but I don't think he's been available enough for that to make good business sense.

Think he's going to be a class player, he looks good now but it's not doing him any good playing on the right side of defence.
    As well as Pearce has done recently, he struggles for pace and forces us to play Famewo on the wrong side. Would be tempted to give Oshi a go at RCB and move Akin to LCB until Innis is back.
    I kind of agree, love what Pearce has done but we need to regain balance. I do wonder if we can might utilise a 3 or 5 man defence where Deji, Pearce & Akin can play together. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Option to buy him too!
  • Options
    Excellent 
  • Options
    Superb news!!!
  • Options
    Great signing, stoked we have the buy option too.
  • Options
    Corr this is bloody excellent news! Things are starting to come together 😬
  • Options
    Was this the deal you'd heard about @Covered_End_Lad
  • Options
    Fantastic. Really pleased.