Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Akin Famewo - sold to Sheff Wed by Norwich (p13)

Comments

• Options
    Looked comfortable enough and has potential , so far so good on the little I’ve seen of him 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    There were a few performances that were not good yesterday, Akin looked like he’d played there for us for years, hope we can get Matthews and another decent centre half in to play alongside him.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Thought he was excellent. Only mistake was a terrible pass in the first half when he gave the ball away. 

Will have much harder test than yesterday but he looked a good player. Plenty of height, pace and was physical. All good signs in a defender 
  • Options
    thought he had a very solid debut and will give JP a good challenge and Bowyer another option. 

He could not of trained with the team much so thought he fitted in very well. 
  • Options
    Thought he was excellent. Only mistake was a terrible pass in the first half when he gave the ball away. 
    He was just trying to fit in :smiley:
  • Options
    I personally thought he looked very very good.  Good weight of pass with both feet (apart from one bad one).  Decent in the air and positionally looked good too.  Fair play to the scouts because he is a very good option by the looks of it
  • Options
    A little too much love for the up left-field pass and not turning into to his CB partner to keep the ball moving, but can't fault him as may have been a tactical reason. Looked assured, definitely a promising signing who should have no problem pocketing a few L1 strikers along the way.
  • Options
    He seemed solid enough. Need to see more, but certainly a decent debut. 
  • Options
    Been really impressed with him so far. Really looks at home in this league.

And I'm going to make a prediction. Sadly, if they are able to, I can see Norwich recalling him in January. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very decent CB but think the Gallagher situation has put the fear into me that any decent loan is likely to be cut short. 

We'll lose Famewo and no doubt have Levitt all season.
  • Options
    I'm sure LB and SG will have a contingency plan in place to cover that eventuality for each of the loanees.
  • Options
    I'm sure LB and SG will have a contingency plan in place to cover that eventuality for each of the loanees.
    Which probably is to try to replace them.
  • Options
    Farke is actually bemoaning his lack of CB options now! Norwich sold Ben Godfrey, sent on loan both Timm Klose and Famewo and Zimmermann is injured. They signed Ben Gibson but I think that they only have him and Grant Hanley. This is what he said:

“We know we are a bit thin and in January we definitely need to do something because you need four proper centre back options with so many games. That is the only position that worries us a bit."
  • Options
    Farke is actually bemoaning his lack of CB options now! Norwich sold Ben Godfrey, sent on loan both Timm Klose and Famewo and Zimmermann is injured. They signed Ben Gibson but I think that they only have him and Grant Hanley. This is what he said:

“We know we are a bit thin and in January we definitely need to do something because you need four proper centre back options with so many games. That is the only position that worries us a bit."
    Hopefully, they'll go out and buy someone else.  I'm loving Akin's work so far; hope he sees the season out.
  • Options

Hopefully, they'll go out and buy someone else.  I'm loving Akin's work so far; hope he sees the season out.
    The sensible thing though, if you need a CB and have one just a division below playing really well, is to recall him...If Lapslie was playing really well in L2, and we had a lot of injury problems in midfield, I dare say we'd recall him

The Gallagher situation was a bit different, as it was a financial recall, sending him to Swansea - a direct rival to us - because they could pay more of his wages. Much more of a kick in the teeth
  • Options

The sensible thing though, if you need a CB and have one just a division below playing really well, is to recall him...If Lapslie was playing really well in L2, and we had a lot of injury problems in midfield, I dare say we'd recall him

The Gallagher situation was a bit different, as it was a financial recall, sending him to Swansea - a direct rival to us - because they could pay more of his wages. Much more of a kick in the teeth
    Also didnt help the fact that we'd gone from paying Chelsea something to nothing, so thanks to ESI we effectively broke the terms of the loan agreement
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Also didnt help the fact that we'd gone from paying Chelsea something to nothing, so thanks to ESI we effectively broke the terms of the loan agreement
    I hadn't heard about ESI missing payments to Chelsea. Surprised it didnt leak at the time.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

I hadn't heard about ESI missing payments to Chelsea. Surprised it didnt leak at the time.
    Bowyer mentioned it when we signed Levitt - We weren't missing payments to Chelsea, we just weren't paying Gallagher any wages, sorry could have worded my bit about Chelsea in the original comment a bit better

As a result they took him back as Swansea said they could pay the wages and more it seems
  • Options

Bowyer mentioned it when we signed Levitt - We weren't missing payments to Chelsea, we just weren't paying Gallagher any wages, sorry could have worded my bit about Chelsea in the original comment a bit better

As a result they took him back as Swansea said they could pay the wages and more it seems

Must have missed it. Thanks for the info.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Must have missed it. Thanks for the info.
    Was snuck into this article so not surprising

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/manchester-united-have-recall-option-for-charlton-new-boy-as-addicks-chief-opens-up-on-losing-chelseas-conor-gallagher-in-january/
  • Options

But wasn't that because we were NEVER paying his wages, rather than doing so for half a season and then stopping?
  • Options

But wasn't that because we were NEVER paying his wages, rather than doing so for half a season and then stopping?
    The way it sounded, we were able to pay the portion of his wages that we agreed with Chelsea, the embargo came in which for some reason stopped that from happening 

Unless of course it meant that we weren't paying anything, Swansea came in with their offer yet we couldnt match it because of the embargo
  • Options

The way it sounded, we were able to pay the portion of his wages that we agreed with Chelsea, the embargo came in which for some reason stopped that from happening 

Unless of course it meant that we weren't paying anything, Swansea came in with their offer yet we couldnt match it because of the embargo
    Is the right answer.

• Options
    Immense this evening.

The last centre-back we signed from Norwich (I think) was Gary Doherty... what a contrast!
  • Options
    Surprised Norwich let him go out on loan - he is quality.
  • Options
    Wonder if we will put in to buy him in January rather than lose him. Depends how much Norwich value him at maybe! 
  • Options
    Won me over completely. Looks destined to play at a very high level. Makes the game look so easy.