Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Akin Famewo - sold to Sheff Wed by Norwich (p13)

Comments

• Options
    Great news!

• Options
    Really pleased with this.
    Another important piece of the puzzle complete. 
    Onwards and upwards 
  • Options
    Wow... did not expect that. Brilliant!
  • Options
    Love it. COYA. It is coming together now.
  • Options
    how long left on his contract with Norwich?
  • Options
    All we need to do is keep him and Inniss fit
  • Options
    I think Famewo took "meeting Mr Sangaard after a semi" too literarily. 
    Gotta ask why you're looking down there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    very good news 
  • Options
    How much can we buy him for?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    how long left on his contract with Norwich?
  • Options
    Was hoping he would come back . Very good defender , who gave 100% even when playing with an injury. 
  • Options
    If we can keep him and innis fit they should be the best centre-back partnership in the league. Fairly large if though.
    One of them won't get in the team when Tucker signs though................
  • Options
    Great news especially with the option to buy.
  • Options
    Oddly our defence has gone from worryingly shallow to very impressive in one morning's worth of work/announcements. Still need a left back of course but that may well end up being a loanee,  and hand on heart I'd like another CB between Pearce/Gunter and a starting position if I was greedy, but that's an excellent piece of business.

Let's hope last season's injury nightmare was a fluke.
  • Options
    Getting the defensive set up sorted. Very good news.
  • Options
    Shocked by this, in the best of ways. Welcome back Akin!
  • Options
    People keep saying IF we can keep him fit. I know Innis has a poor injury record but I'm not aware Famwoe has, I know he was injured last season but is there a history of it previously ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great signing and like the option to buy. 

Another centre back and a left back and that’s defence sorted. 
    Think we need 2 centre backs personally given the injury records. Not sure I'd want Pearce playing for a prolonged period. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    People keep saying IF we can keep him fit. I know Innis has a poor injury record but I'm not aware Famwoe has, I know he was injured last season but is there a history of it previously ?
    Neither of them had ever played more than about 15 games in a season before last season.

Intresting fact, Famewo made his professional debut as a sub for former Addick Jordan Cook. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:
    Neither of them had ever played more than about 15 games in a season before last season.

Intresting fact, Famewo made his professional debut as a sub for former Addick Jordan Cook. 
    For Grimsby? 
  • Options
    There is always the back up of Gunter at CB, he did well for Wales in the one game that he played in the Euros
  • Options
    I can see one additional CB coming in, but not two. 

1 CB and any other CB has to be youth in Dobson, Barker, Mingi for me. Not a repeat of last season's approach.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

For Grimsby? 
    Luton, I think. 
  • Options
    Can we... uhhh... exercise our option to buy now, please?
  • Options
    "Akin's coming home, he's coming home, he's coming home, he's coming 

Akin's coming home !"
  • Options
    Tommy's a big fan of the ol' finger guns aint he!
    Maybe it's a cardboard cutout?