Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Akin Famewo - sold to Sheff Wed by Norwich (p13)

Comments

• Options
    Personally I wouldn't bother trying to sign him but ultimately it is up to the manager. I think he isn't dominant enough in the air and positionally he seems clueless but in the case of the latter he could improve I suppose.
  • Options
    I remember when the wiser posters on this board said he is easily the best defender on this league. Looks like everybody suffers with hopfulitis.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I remember when the wiser posters on this board said he is easily the best defender on this league. Looks like everybody suffers with hopfulitis.
    Maybe he was before we started coaching him...
  • Options
    Charltonised. :smile:

• Options
    Really hope we do not sign him in the summer, bad bad player. 
  • Options
    I'd argue that akin is good with innis, woeful without. 
  • Options
    If you can't look good as part of a back 3, on the left hand side, being left footed, where and when will you step up?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Passes the ball with pin point accuracy to his mum sitting in the stand. Please go back to Norwich asap
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not good enough I’m afraid 
  • Options
    Akin 'long ball down the line to no-one' Famewo
  • Options
    This for me, he’s better off in a back four in a team who are happy to go more direct. Doesn’t suit a back three and playing out from the back.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    This for me, he’s better off in a back four in a team who are happy to go more direct. Doesn’t suit a back three and playing out from the back.
    That sounds like a decent assessment of Akin, Scoham.

Surely the change of formation has had a huge detrimental effect on his performances. 

Really hope that somehow a spot can be found for him in the team as he was such an asset to the team when he arrived. 
  • Options
    No thanks, we can't be accepting mediocrity from our players, and if we're playing 3 at the back he's mediocre at best
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Who said this?
  • Options
    Always thought of him as a lower league Titus Bramble. 

Has the physical attributes to be superb at this level but too error prone and awful distribution.

I would hope we find better in the summer and do not bring him back.  Maybe the Gills lad Tucker but I don't know too much about him.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Got a lot of the tools to be a good centre back, his passing is a big flaw though especially, as you say, in the system Jacko is trying to play.

Of the current first choice back 3/5 Clare is the only one I might consider planning on being part of the first team next season. He has had a couple of ropey games but personally think he’s been mostly decent in the new role and might be good enough with better players around him. Innis good enough but unreliable. Lavelle is backup standard only, likeable lad but not the level we need in a regular starter. Famewo and the “wing” backs need to be moved on and upgraded. 

People keep talking about an overhaul of the entire squad, and I understand where that’s rooted, but for me it’s really the defence that needs the overhaul. Midfield will need a bit if reinforcing but we have teh core of what we need there. The other key thing we need is a start man upfront. The three we have are all good and flawed in different ways But none are a Yann or Taylor talisman. Not an easy task, but find some quality at the back and that X factor up top and we will looks very different, even if players like Gilbey, Lavelle etc. are still part of the squad. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    To paraphrase John Lennon I think who said “he’s not even the best defender in Charlton…”
    and that’s a low bar!
  • Options
    He’s playing at his level.  If he thinks he can get a championship team I think he’s a bit optimistic 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Please do not sign Alin Famewo. Maybe a team with a squad of players much stronger than ours, can give him time to improve. We cannot.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Please do not sign Alin Famewo. Maybe a team with a squad of players much stronger than ours, can give him time to improve. We cannot.
    Is that his brother Alin?
  • Options
    a no from me....I think there are better cb's in this division.
  • Options
    Definitely a no from me. I’m not a fan. 
  • Options
    His performances have regressed since last season. If we don't sign him I don't think he'll be missed
  • Options
    No from me too.
  • Options
    Akin Famewo for a fee
    Or
    Naby Sarr for a free

Easy one for me (and Leuth)
  • Options
    Naby would be a great piece of business... Would be very surprised if we got him back though.