Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Clarke R.I.P

Comments

• Options
    RIP Steve.
  • Options
    Rest in peace Steve. My condolences to his family
  • Options
    I'm shocked by this news. I knew Steve from the London insurance market, long before the Valley Party days.

During my visits to London, I'd often arrange to meet Steve at The Anchor And Hope before a game, despite the fact their beer is always badly kept, so I could catch up on some inside information about CAFC. Exceptionally friendly and easy-going, Steve was a very intelligent guy who spoke extremely well and was a great mouthpiece for Charlton fans and the Trust.

I'd fairly recently been in discussion with him regarding mediation courses, put on hold due to COVID.

My thoughts are with his family.

RIP Steve
  • Options
    Very sad news.
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP. What a terrible year
  • Options
    I didn’t know Steve but was shocked to see the news yesterday. He was always a sensible intelligent spokesperson and passionate fan for the club and gave his time to try and make things better for all of us - very sad news and my thoughts are with his family 
  • Options
    Didn’t know Steve but clearly Charlton through and through.

Thoughts go out to his family and friends.

R I P
  • Options
    Such sad news. Didn’t know Steve but felt that I did through the work he did with the supporters club, Trust and, back in the day, the CAFC Board. An articulate man who will be sorely missed. RIP
  • Options
    R.I.P Steve such a sad loss
  • Options
    RIP ❤️
  • Options
    RIP Steve
    Thank you for your great efforts on our behalf. 
  • Options
     RIP Steve....
  • Options
    RIP Steve

From VIP TO RIP This year will be a hard one to forget.

Got to know Steve in the early 90s through CASC board meetings always had something positive to say. He was a Charlton man for all the fans and would always listen to both sides of the discussion.
    When ever we met up home or away would always greet us with a friendly smile and have a chat.

Two VIP Directors will be having a chat over Charlton again tonight.

My thoughts go out to the family and friends of Steve.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited September 2020
    Can only echo what has been said by everyone else, a thoroughly decent chap who will be sorely missed by all who knew him.
    RIP Steve.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I never knew Steve personally, but I certainly knew his name and his dedication to the cause.
    May he rest in peace and rise in glory.
  • Options
    RIP Steve.
  • Options
    Sad, sad news RIP
  • Options
    Sad news RIP. Too many Charlton legends are leaving this year. 
  • Options
    The standing only Covered End in heaven gets another fan. RIP
  • Options
    RIP Steve 
  • Options
    Very sad. I didn't know Steve but he clearly personified a lot of the good things our club should stand for. It sounds as though he may just have played a part too in helping to bring that about again. Thanks for all your efforts Steve, RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Steve & thank you.