Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Options
    Shouldn't bring looks into it...but have always noticed a little belly on him! 😂

All that aside, he made a good point that hasn't started a game in 9 months. Support your own players Charlton :) 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    I think he looks a twat with those stupid tattoos, what the fuck does he look like on the beach and can you imagine the state of it when he is in his 60's onwards.
    Why do you care about what someone else does with their body? It’s silly to be so irritated about what someone else does in their life when it doesn’t impact yours in the slightest. 

Everyone looks a state in their 60’s onwards. 
    Everyone?
    Wanna see my scars?

Really pleased we get to see Maddison at last. Direct, dangerous, not frightened to shoot from distance and an exciting player who you always wonder 'what's he going to do'.

Get the feeling the lad could turn out to be a cult hero at The Valley.
    i agree - give him a few games to get match fit and let the maverick entertain - he knows he's good enough to do the biz in this league and is obviously confident enough not to give a monkeys about conforming - that'll do for me 
    I disagree.  With the prevalence of tattoos among footballers (can you imagine the pressure from team mates on a young footballer to get their first tattoo?) conforming is exactly what he is doing.  It is players like Ben Chilwell who are the non-conformists and are not following the trend like sheep.  Maddison has merely taken the art form to extreme and ridiculous levels.  Fashions come and go.  He may well regret his choice in later life.

Anyway, I think he looks like a fool which is a shame because he has such a nice smiley face but it doesn't effect me as long as he plays football well and doesn't disrupt the team.
  • Options
    I think he looks a twat with those stupid tattoos, what the fuck does he look like on the beach and can you imagine the state of it when he is in his 60's onwards.
    Grow the fuck up mate 👍🤣
  • Options
    For me, there was only ever going to be room for Maddison or Doughty in the starting lineup. Lefties who can win you a game with goals and assists but can also lose you the ball, make some head down decisions, forget to knit play etc. This is Madison's chance.
  • Options
    Why do you care about what someone else does with their body? It’s silly to be so irritated about what someone else does in their life when it doesn’t impact yours in the slightest. 

Oi! Ok guilty as charged, but no tatts ..yet
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    For me, there was only ever going to be room for Maddison or Doughty in the starting lineup. Lefties who can win you a game with goals and assists but can also lose you the ball, make some head down decisions, forget to knit play etc. This is Madison's chance.
    Totally different players and attitudes 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    mendonca said:
    Totally different players and attitudes 
    They are but that doesn't change the point he makes. 
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:

Everyone?
    Wanna see my scars?

Really pleased we get to see Maddison at last. Direct, dangerous, not frightened to shoot from distance and an exciting player who you always wonder 'what's he going to do'.

i agree - give him a few games to get match fit and let the maverick entertain - he knows he's good enough to do the biz in this league and is obviously confident enough not to give a monkeys about conforming - that'll do for me 
    I disagree.  With the prevalence of tattoos among footballers (can you imagine the pressure from team mates on a young footballer to get their first tattoo?) conforming is exactly what he is doing.  It is players like Ben Chilwell who are the non-conformists and are not following the trend like sheep.  Maddison has merely taken the art form to extreme and ridiculous levels.  Fashions come and go.  He may well regret his choice in later life.

Anyway, I think he looks like a fool which is a shame because he has such a nice smiley face but it doesn't effect me as long as he plays football well and doesn't disrupt the team.
    What are you going on about? You’re suggesting that older pro’s pressure younger players to get tattoos and Ben Chilwell is a some sort of brave non-conformist in a world full of inked skin?

There are some very bitter old men in this world.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Needs match sharpness. He’ll win us games I’m sure.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:

Everyone?
    Wanna see my scars?

What are you going on about? You’re suggesting that older pro’s pressure younger players to get tattoos and Ben Chilwell is a some sort of brave non-conformist in a world full of inked skin?

Hold up. How is he a "bitter old man" from what he's said there?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    cafcfan said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:

Everyone?
    Wanna see my scars?

He may not be a "bitter old man" but he is talking absolute nonsense.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Off_it said:
    cafcfan said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:

Everyone?
    Wanna see my scars?

He’s chastising a much younger man, calling him a fool and stating that he’s taken a fashion statement to the extreme. That’s not even getting started on the ridiculous assertions that older players pressure younger ones into getting tattoos. 

I’m sure cafcfan is a lovely bloke and I’ve got nothing against him, but he’s coming across as very out of touch here. 

The comment wasn’t directed at him specifically, more of a observation of how many on this forum can’t just live and let live.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Off_it said:
    cafcfan said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:

Everyone?
    Wanna see my scars?

He’s chastising a much younger man, calling him a fool and stating that he’s taken a fashion statement to the extreme. That’s not even getting started on the ridiculous assertions that older players pressure younger ones into getting tattoos. 

I’m sure cafcfan is a lovely bloke and I’ve got nothing against him, but he’s coming across as very out of touch here. 

The comment wasn’t directed at him specifically, more of a observation of how many on this forum can’t just live and let live.
    How do you know hes older than Maddison? Have you just made an assumption and added a label that fits in with your own pre-conceived ideas about older people being "out of touch" there? Ie, anyone who holds a different view must be older, older people are out of touch, cafcfan must be an older person?

Dangerous game to be playing, you know-nothing 20-something hipster shit! (That's a joke, by the way!) ;-)
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    cafcfan said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:

Everyone?
    Wanna see my scars?

How do you know hes older than Maddison? Have you just made an assumption and added a label that fits in with your own pre-conceived ideas about older people being "out of touch" there? Ie, anyone who holds a different view must be older, older people are out of touch, cafcfan must be an older person?

Dangerous game to be playing, you know nothing 20 something hipster shit! (That's a joke, by the way!) ;-)
    I can see this is an issue close to your heart. I’ve not called older people out of touch, I’ve called an older man out of touch. There’s a big difference there, you old fart (joke). 

You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to see this is an opinion from a certain generation. 
  • Options
    Can we not derail the thread with petty arguments. My only point was to stop judging a man based on his appearance. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    cafcfan said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:

Everyone?
    Wanna see my scars?

Dangerous game to be playing, you know nothing 20 something hipster shit! (That's a joke, by the way!) ;-)
    I can see this is an issue close to your heart. I’ve not called older people out of touch, I’ve called an older man out of touch. There’s a big difference there, you old fart (joke). 

You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to see this is an opinion from a certain generation. 
    Lol, touche!

Personally I dont really care what he does. I think the spiders web on his knee just looks proper shit, but it's his body. 
  • Options
    When he gets fit, I'm sure he will be a real match winner for us.
  • Options
    Here’s hoping he gets a pizza the action on Tuesday night,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcfan said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:

Everyone?
    Wanna see my scars?

i wasn't talking about his tattoos, their irrelevant to me 
  • Options
    exactly - this is all that matters - i see him a bit like a poor mans ginola, giggs or di canio  - just give him the ball and let him cause chaos - the rest of the team will soon benefit directly or indirectly by the space he opens up fot them - doughty the only other one capable of that in the squad although chucks can do it at times 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    exactly - this is all that matters - i see him a bit like a poor mans ginola, giggs or di canio  - just give him the ball and let him cause chaos - the rest of the team will soon benefit directly or indirectly by the space he opens up fot them - doughty the only other one capable of that in the squad although chucks can do it at times 
    williams did do it but i think his future lies in the middle  
  • Options
    I think this will make or break him. If he knuckles down then without doubt the talent is there for him to really show what he can do. However if he fucks about I can see LB bining him pretty quickly
  • Options

Exactly, unless you are a beautiful adonis of a man, please don’t pass judgement on his appearance. Have we really stopped that low on here?
    Even if you were an Adonis, what right would you have to criticise someone's personal choice to have body art?

• Options
    Here’s hoping he gets a pizza the action on Tuesday night,
    Hope he doesnt slice his shots like he did yesterday
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Exactly, unless you are a beautiful adonis of a man, please don’t pass judgement on his appearance. Have we really stopped that low on here?
    Even if you were an Adonis, what right would you have to criticise someone's personal choice to have body art?

Agree. I don’t like that many tats, one or two are fine, and think it looks horrible but it’s his body and each to their own. All I’m interested in is what he does on the pitch.