Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Options
    Seems to be copping a fair bit of flack for being a bit like Tony watt - unreal on the ball but lazy off of it, got an assist and a goal in a pointless game I’ll take thatv
    Is he? I thought at times he worked quite hard off the ball, but also had to manage his fitness in this game.
  • Options
    Unusual accent he has.
  • Options
    Seems to be copping a fair bit of flack for being a bit like Tony watt - unreal on the ball but lazy off of it, got an assist and a goal in a pointless game I’ll take thatv
    Not seen enough of him yet to label him lazy, especially when he’s managing his fitness at present.
    If he is lazy, then we won’t be seeing much of him.
    Bowyer won’t put up with that.
    No prima donnas allowed in league one and very few in the championship.
  • Options
    Great to have someone around with a bit of character, something we desperately lack on/off the pitch and in the stands. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I think he looks a twat with those stupid tattoos, what the fuck does he look like on the beach and can you imagine the state of it when he is in his 60's onwards.
    Why do you care about what someone else does with their body? It’s silly to be so irritated about what someone else does in their life when it doesn’t impact yours in the slightest. 

Everyone looks a state in their 60’s onwards. 
    Exactly, unless you are a beautiful adonis of a man, please don’t pass judgement on his appearance. Have we really stopped that low on here?
    Even if you were an Adonis, what right would you have to criticise someone's personal choice to have body art?

Agree. I don’t like that many tats, one or two are fine, and think it looks horrible but it’s his body and each to their own. All I’m interested in is what he does on the pitch.
    Are they all correctly spelt though?
  • Options
    Good to see he's not allowed the belief he expressed in January that "the north is a friendlier place and the people are nicer too" to stop him from putting in a shift for us. I'm sure, in time, he will get to love his time with us as much as he did at Newcastle (no appearances), Blyth Sparatans (3), St Johnstone (no appearances), Gateshead (47) and Hull (8) and that his decision to turn down the likes of Liverpool and Man City in doing so will be vindicated.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Unusual accent he has.
    EDIT: Bugger, beaten by @DamoNorthStand
  • Options
    Unusual accent he has.

I think he's a Geordie. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redbuttle said:
    Unusual accent he has.

I think he's a Geordie. 
    He is but it's not a traditional Geordie accent
  • Options
    He owns a tattoo parlour
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Was he wearing a Gengar from Pokemon jeweled necklace in that interview?

Maybe @MrOneLung could ask him what his opinions on the best starter set for the trading cards. 
  • Options
    Thought he took his goal well - hopefully the start of a productive season for him.
  • Options
    That was some thump of a finish last night. 

Bowyer won't let driftwood be part of the squad so I am sure he will get better  and better.

A goal and an assist even in a lesser game is good progress for him to be on the right track. 
  • Options
    That was quite a finish. Not his style of play running onto a through ball to finish with 15 yards to run into (as you can tell by the Leon Clarke'esque pace) but lethal when the ball is ready to be swiped.
  • Options
    He owns a tattoo parlour
    Makes sense. Imagine if he was paying for each one he had, he's be potless even on a footballers wage. 
  • Options
    He owns a tattoo parlour
    Any idea where ? 
  • Options
    In his last 4.5 seasons at Peterborough he scored 45 goals and had 67 assists.

Obviously 2020 derailed him somewhat as he clearly thought he'd leave Peterborough and join a strong championship side.

But there is no real evidence that he's lazy and doesn't put a shift in. Those are superb figures at any level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great player but you only have to ask Peterborough fans to find out he’s not a hard worker. Very much like Ozil, he’s not going to run for the team but he might produce a moment of magic. 

Maybe Bowyer will turn him into a hard worker off the ball but I’d be amazed
  • Options
    Great finish, keep that up and we and him will be going places (not me and him).
  • Options
    In his last 4.5 seasons at Peterborough he scored 45 goals and had 67 assists.

Obviously 2020 derailed him somewhat as he clearly thought he'd leave Peterborough and join a strong championship side.

But there is no real evidence that he's lazy and doesn't put a shift in. Those are superb figures at any level.
    The only thing he's guilty of is disagreements with his management structure at Posh.
  • Options
    Personally I don't care that he's not a hard worker. It's like moaning that Pratley doesn't score enough goals or Purrington doesn't bend them in from 25 yards, he's just not that type of player. 

As long as he has the players around him doing the dirty work, he'll be successful. 

Although actually, despite a great assist and lovely finish, I thought he put a shift in (especially considering his fitness) and it was actually on the ball that he looked poor. Rustiness I'm sure as his record speaks for itself. 
    Agree he was certainly trying yesterday, but you could see running back doesn’t come naturally to him. 

He’s moving in the right direction and that’s what matters 
  • Options
    Personally I don't care that he's not a hard worker. It's like moaning that Pratley doesn't score enough goals or Purrington doesn't bend them in from 25 yards, he's just not that type of player. 

As long as he has the players around him doing the dirty work, he'll be successful. 

Although actually, despite a great assist and lovely finish, I thought he put a shift in (especially considering his fitness) and it was actually on the ball that he looked poor. Rustiness I'm sure as his record speaks for itself. 
    Agree he was certainly trying yesterday, but you could see running back doesn’t come naturally to him. 

He’s moving in the right direction and that’s what matters 
    Agreed, he doesn't enjoy the defensive side of the game. Again I don't care about that, as long as he does the minimum and then damage on the ball which is what he's here for. 
  • Options
    Very emphatic finish for his first goal for us .. somehow though he looks like he is not enjoying himself .. perhaps a few proper first team games will cheer him up
  • Options

You might not but I think you'll find that LB does care. And he has said as much. We know from the lesson LB learnt himself at Leeds with George Graham that he expects more and his own limited use of Williams and Oztumer says as much.

In the interview in which Maddison said that he prefers the north and the people too Maddison said that he likes the attacking side of the game and will defend "when he needs to". It's a question as to whether Maddison's definition of "defending" is the same as LB's that will dictate whether he stays in the side.

• Options
    Great player but you only have to ask Peterborough fans to find out he’s not a hard worker. Very much like Ozil, he’s not going to run for the team but he might produce a moment of magic. 

Maybe Bowyer will turn him into a hard worker off the ball but I’d be amazed
    He may have seemed lazy in his last season there, but I feel that may have been more to do with his relationship with the owner and manager.