Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Options
    Nicholas said:
    So far people on here have had a dig at his eating habits, what he looks like, he doesn't track back, and his tattoos. 

The bloke has played 7 minutes of league football in months and a game in the paint pot trophy. Let the bloke play some football first ffs before ripping him apart.
    Couldn't care less about what he looks like, The real question is why, for someone so talented, he has only played 7 minutes of league football in almost nine months. And it isn't me or anyone else that is saying he needs to work harder, It is our Manager that is saying it after all. 
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    So far people on here have had a dig at his eating habits, what he looks like, he doesn't track back, and his tattoos. 

The bloke has played 7 minutes of league football in months and a game in the paint pot trophy. Let the bloke play some football first ffs before ripping him apart.
    Has he been 'ripped apart'. Apart from stupid comments about his looks and tattoo's, all anyone else has ever said is that it was slightly unusual he kept on eating tons of domino's at the weekend - something clearly the medical team thought was wrong as well - as we saw from his follow up post.

And that he has a reputation for not tracking back and working hard, which is not 'ripping him apart' - but just pointing out a facet of his game that had been pointed out before. Which Bowyer has also commented on as we know he likes all his players to work hard in and out of possession.

I've not seen one poster actually doubt his ability in the final third of the pitch. 
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Totally agree, spot on.

Just out of interest, what is his pizza of choice these days....
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Has he been 'ripped apart'. Apart from stupid comments about his looks and tattoo's, all anyone else has ever said is that it was slightly unusual he kept on eating tons of domino's at the weekend - something clearly the medical team thought was wrong as well - as we saw from his follow up post.

And that he has a reputation for not tracking back and working hard, which is not 'ripping him apart' - but just pointing out a facet of his game that had been pointed out before. Which Bowyer has also commented on as we know he likes all his players to work hard in and out of possession.

I've not seen one poster actually doubt his ability in the final third of the pitch. 
    It’s slightly astonishing mate. Pointing out a reality to spark a conversation and people lose their minds.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

There is just one question I would pose to those who say that as he is a creative force we and LB shouldn't worry about what he does when he doesn't have the ball. And that is "Why?"

LB is trying to build a team ethos. If LB exempts Maddison should he do the same for Doughty, Shinnie or Gilbey? What should they think when he loses the ball and doesn't try to get it back as I saw him do playing for Hull?

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that he will perform very well in his next couple of games and put a shift in because the motivation to do so should be there. He has something to prove after all. It's in half a dozen or so games time that I wonder whether the same motivation will be prevalent. I really hope it is because, with his talent and in his prime at the age of 27, he should be a real asset.
  • Options
    What ever happened at Hull who cares,Lee Bowyer signed him. If he didn’t think he will bring anything to the team he wouldn’t have done so. If Maddison turns out to be lazy or a disruption then he won’t play. If he turns out to be fantastic then great news for everyone. Let’s just wait and see. 

• Options
    My opinion of Maddison, for what it's worth, is he might win you 1 game in 5 or so.  I would compare him in that way to players like Holmes, Green maybe even Redfern.

I don't think anyone doubts that a "on his day" Maddison can win league 1 games.  I think that's a given.

The questions I would ask, and I asked them with Doughty (for slightly different reasons), is is it worth it?  You effectively have to play either a 432, 351 or 342 plus 1.

You will, by design, give the ball away more, have to work harder to get it back etc etc.  

There are reasons we with Holmes and Peterborough with Maddison never got promoted. There are reasons neither made an impact in the championship.  

Maybe not being guaranteed a place in the 1st 11 may change his game some what.  Maybe less exciting but more effective?

• Options
    Nicholas said:

It’s slightly astonishing mate. Pointing out a reality to spark a conversation and people lose their minds.
    Who has lost their mind? 
    Do you mean some people have dared to disagree with you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    I like the symbiosis of the Maddison signing. We get a cheap gamble on a high upside player while he gets the platform to showcase his talents and a big incentive to earn himself a life changing contract. 
  • Options
    When he was 1-1 on with the keeper we all knew it was going in the back of the net. How many players do we have in the squad when given that chance we would be absolutely certain it’s a goal? Can’t be many. Lovely finish and deserved a goal for his performance.

Haven’t seen a Charlton player finish like Maddison’s goal yesterday for a while, can’t remember last, who used to finish like that for us?
    It was like a couple of Morts' goals
  • Options
    I think what we should all do in the future is not make any comment, or discuss any player, until they've played a full season for us.

That way you won't get fans overhyping, needlessly slagging off, or needlessly defending there honour. 
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Saw 83 new posts, and thought oh jesus he’s injured again.
    Nope 
    You sound almost disappointed ;) 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    what’s he done to piss off so many of you miserable fucks? 
    They prefer Pizza Hut over Dominos
    Anyone ever tried Pizza GoGo? Had it a few weeks back, actually was the best pizza I’ve ever had. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is he in the frame for minutes at the weekend?
  • Options
    Should be as it stands
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Rothko said:
    Anyone ever tried Pizza GoGo? Had it a few weeks back, actually was the best pizza I’ve ever had. 
    Oh mate, I feel for you if that’s the best one you’ve ever had! 

It’s hard to get a half decent pizza in England so get yourself on a plane to Naples or New York if you ever get the chance.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Rothko said:
    Not for about 20 years but when I lived in Shepherds Bush their Cheesy Garlic Pizza Bread was amazing.
  • Options
    I hope so, Gillingham are shocking at the back and he should be fit enough to start. I’d like to see him and Morgan in the team.  

I wonder who you drop though? It wouldn’t really be fair to drop anyone on this run of form

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Couldn't care less about what he looks like, The real question is why, for someone so talented, he has only played 7 minutes of league football in almost nine months. And it isn't me or anyone else that is saying he needs to work harder, It is our Manager that is saying it after all. 
    Give it a rest . You’re embarrassing yourself 
  • Options
    I bet he starts all three of the next away games if fit.

No way will Bowyer leave a player of his skills and capability to turn a game with a driving run, first time cross or accurate shot away from the starting line up.

• Options
    Sage said:
    Rothko said:
    The Alligator Pizza is the best takeaway pizza I've had in the UK