Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Options
    Rothko said:
    what’s he done to piss off so many of you miserable fucks? 
    Having a personality 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    shine166 said:
    Rothko said:
    Having a personality 
    I'm really struggling to see, apart from a couple of wierd posts, anyone who is pissed off by MM. Indeed most posters I see seem to be excited about his ability.

Oh, and yes there's been some comments about his attitude and his diet, and his social media posts. But guess what people with personality in any sport generate conversation. What a boring world we would live in if they didn't.

Instead of posters saying stuff like 'our fans are wierd he's only been here for 5 seconds FFS' - how about those people add something constructive to the conversation if they disagree with comments like Canters did instead.

I hate we live in a world now where your opinions have to be black or white, and if you say something different to what someone else says you've mortally offended them. 
    I've added constructive stuff in my previous posts in him.

Other than his diet, his attitude, his work rate, his sm posts, his relationship with players and his tattoos.. nobody has had a bad word to say about maddison. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Apart from his appearance and his tattoos, can you explain whilst all those other points certain posters have mentioned are a bad word about him. 

Or are they just pointing out genuine observations they have seen and read about him?

*BTW I say all this as someone who fawns over MM. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Is he in the frame for minutes at the weekend?
    I bet he starts all three of the next away games if fit.

No way will Bowyer leave a player of his skills and capability to turn a game with a driving run, first time cross or accurate shot away from the starting line up.

I'll be very supprised if he does. 
  • Options
    .Bedsaddick said:
    Nicholas said:
    So far people on here have had a dig at his eating habits, what he looks like, he doesn't track back, and his tattoos. 

The bloke has played 7 minutes of league football in months and a game in the paint pot trophy. Let the bloke play some football first ffs before ripping him apart.
    Couldn't care less about what he looks like, The real question is why, for someone so talented, he has only played 7 minutes of league football in almost nine months. And it isn't me or anyone else that is saying he needs to work harder, It is our Manager that is saying it after all. 
    Give it a rest . You’re embarrassing yourself 
    Apologies for doing so. I thought that it was a legitimate question. At least Golfie will be gratified to know that it's not just him that you choose to have a pop at though, equally, I'd lay you any bet that you've embarrassed yourself on here before now!
  • Options
    I think we should remind ourselves of Ricky Holmes a few years back. We could be utter dog shite and not look like scoring in a million years and he would pop up with a goal out of the blue. It is very useful to have different types of goals in the team and Maddison should hopefully add something we have been missing in the past.
    Major difference between the two is that Ricky Holmes was humble enough to work hard for the team first, score screamers second.

Charlton could have Lionel Messi and Kylian Mbappe and fans would be moaning that they dont run around enough.
    I think it’s the Peterborough fans who are saying this.....we still haven’t seen enough of him to judge.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Sage said:
    Rothko said:
    They prefer Pizza Hut over Dominos
    Anyone ever tried Pizza GoGo? Had it a few weeks back, actually was the best pizza I’ve ever had. 
    The Alligator Pizza is the best takeaway pizza I've had in the UK
    Is it really that good? It looks like terrible processed junk

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Sage said:
    Rothko said:
    Anyone ever tried Pizza GoGo? Had it a few weeks back, actually was the best pizza I’ve ever had. 
    Exactly what I had a few weeks back. Add a bit of side salad and leaves to it, and it tasted amazing. It wasn't like the picture above, it actually was very nice.

Never had the chance to go to Italy or New York, but in terms of UK pizza's, it was a very nice pizza indeed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    Addickted said:
    Sage said:
    Rothko said:
    Exactly what I had a few weeks back. Add a bit of side salad and leaves to it, and it tasted amazing. It wasn't like the picture above, it actually was very nice.

Never had the chance to go to Italy or New York, but in terms of UK pizza's, it was a very nice pizza indeed.
    I'm gonna have to try it this weekend
  • Options
    I reckon we will see a Maddison brace against Gillingham and all that hard work will be overshadowed as he’s seen relaxing on Saturday night with a beer and curry after giving a 9/10 performance. 
  • Options
    Not sure about you but I’m much preferring the Pizza chat. MM is clearly ahead of the curve
  • Options
    I reckon we will see a Maddison brace against Gillingham and all that hard work will be overshadowed as he’s seen relaxing on Saturday night with a beer and curry after giving a 9/10 performance. 
    Perhaps he'll copy Wayne Shaw the Sutton keeper. After scoring twice he'll come off the pitch after 80 minutes for well earned rest, and start munching on a KFC bargain bucket in the stands
  • Options
    Perhaps he'll copy Wayne Shaw the Sutton keeper. After scoring twice he'll come off the pitch after 80 minutes for well earned rest, and start munching on a KFC bargain bucket in the stands
    He should've signed for Northampton Town really
    https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/mansfield_pizza/
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Marcus Maddison one of the Charlton players who has been able to sharpen up during international break

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1055648229?-11197:833

OK aliwibble, will this do
  • Options
    What's he done now, farted in a public place?
  • Options
    Ross, do you think you could post the links to the actual articles, rather than the newsnow links? I've lost count of the number of times I've opened a link and it turns out to be something I've already read.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    aliwibble said:
    Ross, do you think you could post the links to the actual articles, rather than the newsnow links? I've lost count of the number of times I've opened a link and it turns out to be something I've already read.
    Will try, but I normally go on newsnow as they cover all articles, and that saves me going on to all of the sites. See my comment above
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Here you are, Ali. Original SLP link:

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/marcus-maddison-one-of-the-charlton-players-who-has-been-able-to-sharpen-up-during-international-break/

• Options
    I'm one of the people that hope MM starts tomorrow. I dont think he will though as I think LB will go with a defensive line up and hope for a 1-0 win. But for me he showed glimpses of what he can do last time out and after a decent spell full training I would give him a run of games and see what he can do
  • Options
    First start in a League game on Saturday - thoughts? Wanted to see him do well and he rattled the bar and threatened a couple of times but still not keen on his decision making in a team-move, hesitating and keeping the ball a couple of times cost us a strong attacking position. Can see his potential but not sure if i'm fully on board, its a team sport at the end of the day even if individually he's clearly a threat.
  • Options
    I thought he played well and looked exciting  when he got the ball . Sure he looks a little rusty but that will change . Not sure I’d play him on the right though as he struggles to cross with his right foot.
  • Options
    First start in a League game on Saturday - thoughts? Wanted to see him do well and he rattled the bar and threatened a couple of times but still not keen on his decision making in a team-move, hesitating and keeping the ball a couple of times cost us a strong attacking position. Can see his potential but not sure if i'm fully on board, its a team sport at the end of the day even if individually he's clearly a threat.
    Typical Marcus Maddison performance for me, if one of those shots/crosses resulted in a goal we’d all be raving about him. You can simultaneously see how much quality he has but also why he’s never been fancied at higher levels. Although now isn’t the time to judge his performances

Hopefully as the weeks go on he will be razor sharp and buy into the Charlton ethos 
  • Options
    Bowyer gave him a fond pat as he left the field. Told me that he'd done what Bowyer asked 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Do people think he will start on Tuesday, or will he be rotated?

Don't know how close Williams is to playing again?
  • Options
    Both Bogle and Washington work hard so we can definitely afford to have Maddison as a bit of a luxury player. Thought he was relatively poor Saturday but I think the time to really judge will be after Christmas
  • Options
    Got to be given time, played a handful of games after a long time of non activity. Has the ability to do something unexpected and unlock packed defences at this level. Could be a key player as the season goes on. 

• Options
    Do people think he will start on Tuesday, or will he be rotated?

Don't know how close Williams is to playing again?
    I'm expecting he'll be rotated as will a lot of the squad. Sat was the first time he had started a league game and played a full 60 minutes, I expect he'll be on the bench though and might get some minutes