Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne joins QPR for £2m (Ed. Joined Ipswich on loan)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Hahahahahahahahaha

He's actually fluffed it three times there. First the chip, but then he has two attempts to tap the ball in while stood practically next to the line. 
  • Options
    And we somehow sold him for £2m!
  • Options
    Bonne did well there, considering the odds stacked against him, winning a corner was a good result.
  • Options
    Bonne bonne bonne
  • Options
    Scored twice today. But of course he'll never score at this level
    He was always going to
  • Options
    Bonne is always going to score goals in League One - suggesting otherwise is just plain silly 
  • Options
    Not sure anyone has suggested otherwise.

I'm sure most people's opinions of Bonne are the same, that he did an OK job in the circumstances but was never Championship standard, and QPR paid us way too much for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3 goals in 2 and a half games.

• Options
    clb74 said:
    3 goals in 2 and a half games.

More than our whole team then.
  • Options
    First one especially was a cracker
  • Options
    I didn't realise he was an Ipswich lad, either.  Must feel very special for him.
  • Options
    100pc would have got him in to add to our options. Was laughed off the park by people saying be patient as we have our transfer plan…… we are now stuck with rejects from league two clubs and Davison and the Danish equivalent of Polish Pete in the meantime 
  • Options
    £2m last season was only ever going to be a good deal IF we'd found a replacement

It helped the club as there were no fans to generate revenue but otherwise its been a pointless decent bit of business from us
  • Options
    Odd that we have snarky threads about Bonne, Bowyer and other ex players while at the same time they are mostly doing better than we are. Anyone doubt Lee is a lot happier at Birmingham right now than he would be managing us? Or Bonne? Bonne has more goals that our whole team and in fact is the second leading scorer in our division. I would trade him back for anyone we have. And I see no evidence Adkins is an improvement on Lee, either.
  • Options
    Not sure anyone has suggested otherwise.

I'm sure most people's opinions of Bonne are the same, that he did an OK job in the circumstances but was never Championship standard, and QPR paid us way too much for him.

I don't think he's Pele, but ultimately the glee of selling a player for a slightly inflated fee which this board has is a bit odd, more so when we've seen no real sign of it being put to any good use? There's a pretty big surplus from Stockley replacing him left which is being left whilst we look complete dogshit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Bonne stays fit, he will out score anyone that plays up front for Cafc this season even if it's off the bench.

I said the above after the first game of the season.

I don't care if he misses a few one on ones this season. The two goals he scored yesterday were quality.
    Pleased some on here can see that and I expected other to slag him off.

• Options
    2 good goals and played well yesterday by all accounts - far better player than most of our fans give him credit for.
    He lost his way slightly but anyone with any brain power saw the player that was in there 
  • Options
    Five goals this season now.
  • Options
    Wish our whole forward line could get 5 shots on target. 
  • Options
    At this level he should and will be up there with top scorers in this division. He has been scoring in a poor team so fair play to him. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Fucking embarrassing some of the comments about him. Like Ipswich’s other signings - 75pc of this website were saying “I wouldn’t want any of their players anyway”.

Well he is proving that our ownership and management farted around bringing utterly useless players who were rejects from teams below us and probably still won’t recognise the fact that Macauley Bonne will be a better option for his respective position than someone like Clare, Dobson, CBT are for theirs.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Fucking embarrassing some of the comments about him. Like Ipswich’s other signings - 75pc of this website were saying “I wouldn’t want any of their players anyway”.

Well he is proving that our ownership and management farted around bringing utterly useless players who were rejects from teams below us and probably still won’t recognise the fact that Macauley Bonne will be a better option for his respective position than someone like Clare, Dobson, CBT are for theirs.
    Bit like how I was one of the few who said this time last year that selling him would be a mistake!!

£2m there and then was great business yes...

But we didnt get a replacement and if he found the form we're seeing now then we'd have easily ended up in the top six. End of the day we can all bang on about occasions where we've been right, but as Sage said to someone else yesterday, there will be equally be times where we each couldnt be more wrong