Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne joins QPR for £2m (Ed. Joined Ipswich on loan)

Comments

• Options
    Fucking embarrassing some of the comments about him. Like Ipswich’s other signings - 75pc of this website were saying “I wouldn’t want any of their players anyway”.

Well he is proving that our ownership and management farted around bringing utterly useless players who were rejects from teams below us and probably still won’t recognise the fact that Macauley Bonne will be a better option for his respective position than someone like Clare, Dobson, CBT are for theirs.
    Bit like how I was one of the few who said this time last year that selling him would be a mistake!!

£2m there and then was great business yes...

But we didnt get a replacement and if he found the form we're seeing now then we'd have easily ended up in the top six. End of the day we can all bang on about occasions where we've been right, but as Sage said to someone else yesterday, there will be equally be times where we each couldnt be more wrong
    I said the same thing

Yes it was a great fee, but it always puzzled me that so many people here were salivating over the fee, rather than worrying if it made us worse on the pitch. If Roland had "trousered" £2m for Bonne and replaced him with Bogle, he would have been slaughtered on here, as he rightfully was for the Karlan/Parker deal.
  • Options
    Fucking embarrassing some of the comments about him. Like Ipswich’s other signings - 75pc of this website were saying “I wouldn’t want any of their players anyway”.

Well he is proving that our ownership and management farted around bringing utterly useless players who were rejects from teams below us and probably still won’t recognise the fact that Macauley Bonne will be a better option for his respective position than someone like Clare, Dobson, CBT are for theirs.
    Bit like how I was one of the few who said this time last year that selling him would be a mistake!!

But we didnt get a replacement and if he found the form we're seeing now then we'd have easily ended up in the top six. End of the day we can all bang on about occasions where we've been right, but as Sage said to someone else yesterday, there will be equally be times where we each couldnt be more wrong
    I said the same thing

Yes it was a great fee, but it always puzzled me that so many people here were salivating over the fee, rather than worrying if it made us worse on the pitch. If Roland had "trousered" £2m for Bonne and replaced him with Bogle, he would have been slaughtered on here, as he rightfully was for the Karlan/Parker deal.
    Trouble is I could understand the fact that the fee didnt go back into the squad as much as Sandgaard had purchased during a time when there were no fans so along with the Grant sell-on it had to cover off that lost income.

£2m could end up turning into a steal if he gets 20+ goals this season...
  • Options

I said the same thing

Trouble is I could understand the fact that the fee didnt go back into the squad as much as Sandgaard had purchased during a time when there were no fans so along with the Grant sell-on it had to cover off that lost income.

£2m could end up turning into a steal if he gets 20+ goals this season...
    I entirely understand the finances of football, and the need to balance the books.

I just don't understand the delight in some quarters. It would be like celebrating the sale of Ademola Lookman, because the fee was very good. 
  • Options
    Would you pay £2m for him now ?
    still a no thanks for me 
  • Options
    Well, over the past 12 months we've lost Bonne & Aneke & replaced them with Schwartz. 

Job well done if you want League 2 football. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I don't think scoring some goals in League One proves 2 million pounds was bad business for us, I think QPR would still say it was bad business for them. After all, Bonne was supposedly a 'proven' Champ player. 

It seems a player like him, who is a very poor footballer but a decent finisher, will do just fine in an All-Star team like Ipswich where finishing is practically all he has to do. I can't even remember the last decent chance we created. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    £2m was a great price. 

Promotion would have been a better deal for us, though I think Bonne and Bowyer would have struggled to make it through the season together, as would Bogle & Bowyer and Maddison & Bowyer...  With the latter two I could understand the issue, with Bonne I just didn't get it, he was cheap, scored some decent goals for us and would have done so again in our team last season. 

I blame neither the club or player for taking the deal available. 

It is what it is. 
  • Options
    Didn't realise he got Ipswich's goal on Sat & now has 5 in the league this season. That is more that all our strikers put together and only 1 less than our entire team has managed. And dont forget, he's not playing in a team who is top of the league & flying.

So, although selling him for £2m was good business we didnt replace him....or Aneke. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    golfaddick said:
    JoshAddick said:
    We can laugh at Bonne all we want but I’d have him as back up to Stockley over Davison and Schwartz any day of the week.
    Well, considering Schwartz has been cast aside Bonne could probably walk into our team on one leg & still get a game.

Well, over the past 12 months we've lost Bonne & Aneke & replaced them with Schwartz. 

Didn't realise he got Ipswich's goal on Sat & now has 5 in the league this season. That is more that all our strikers put together and only 1 less than our entire team has managed. And dont forget, he's not playing in a team who is top of the league & flying.

So, although selling him for £2m was good business we didnt replace him....or Aneke. 

The question is though Golfie "would you have Bonne back?"
  • Options
    golfaddick said:
    JoshAddick said:
    We can laugh at Bonne all we want but I’d have him as back up to Stockley over Davison and Schwartz any day of the week.
    Well, considering Schwartz has been cast aside Bonne could probably walk into our team on one leg & still get a game.

The question is though Golfie "would you have Bonne back?"
    If you are asking about NOW when our current options at the bottom of League 1 are Stockley, Washington & Davison (forget Schwartz as he plainly isnt going to feature anymore) then the answer would be YES.

If you had asked me that before the start of the season, where the owner and the manager alluded to us going for promotion then the answer would have been NO as I would have hoped there were better options. 
  • Options
    What a twat of a Goalkeeper
  • Options
    Great bit of thinking by Bonne there. Good work by the fans at that end not to give Bonne's presence away either!
  • Options
    Surely someone could've told the keeper Bonne was standing behind him 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    It's not panto season yet.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    The Wednesday players were presumably not expecting to drop the ball down like that, and it was home fans behind him, just like the Dion Dublin goal

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12418004/ipswich-1-1-sheff-wed
  • Options
    Clever by Bonne but then weird he turned outside rather than just turning goalwards and putting it straight in.

Didn't matter in the end but just an odd mix of quick thinking then panicking a bit 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was goalkeeper when I was in school, and if someone tried anything like that against me, although completely my fault, they would get a two foot tackle and hopefully a broken leg. 
  • Options
    Love that just waiting quietly behind him wasn't enough for Bonne, he had to act like he was actually stalking his prey
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Still a good deal - bought for £200k and sold for £2m. It's what is then done with that money which you should be querying. Even spending £1m would have got you a good League 1 striker. But we didnt......and that's why we are 2nd bottom. 
  • Options
    Still a good deal - bought for £200k and sold for £2m. It's what is then done with that money which you should be querying. Even spending £1m would have got you a good League 1 striker. But we didnt......and that's why we are 2nd bottom. 
    Weve got 2 or 3 players who will be chipping in with 20 goals each this season.
  • Options
    QPR didn’t pay us £2m for Bonne. 

£2m would be the full fee if absolutely every add-on clause is met. Considering his career at QPR has been a complete flop so far, I’d be surprised if we’ll ever get near the £2m people assume was paid.
  • Options
    Davison's just scored two in two. A lack of a goalscoring striker has been an issue in the past but there are far bigger problems this season including our poor defending, fitness, central midfield and pressing.
  • Options
    Quality goal from Bonne last night - really seems to have upped his game. 
  • Options
    11 this season and 10 in his last 12 games during which time Ipswich have picked up 20 points and taken them from the relegation zone to points off the Play Offs