Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne joins QPR for £2m (Ed. Joined Ipswich on loan)

Comments

• Options
    It was quite funny seeing him charging to close down Famewo and getting the Lewisham body-charge into touch! Famewo is a bloody strong lad.
  • Options
    Bonne or Watt?
  • Options
    Pigott would be a better backup to Stockley than Bonne.  But why would he consider coming here.  If he is frustrated with playing time there better options than us
    The big difference is that Pigott signed on a three year contract and Bonne is on loan from QPR.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    He was always a confidence player who did better when he didn't have time to overthink his chances. Scored some excellent instinctive goals for us, missed some sitters when he had time to think about them.

I've no doubt he'd have looked better playing for us last night than he did playing for Ipswich because we actually provided decent service to our strikers. I'd have him over Davison, but not over Stockley or Washington. I'd have never paid 2 million quid for him.
  • Options
    I have nothing but good wishes for the lad. Would I have him back ? Nope.
    Good bit of business now move on
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Bonne is a limited player, but very good at being in the right place at the right time. His goal record is testament to that. He did a job for us in the Championship and i'm not so sure why people dislike him.

Anyone who would rather have Bonne that Tony Watt needs to go see a Doctor.

And don't get me started on Reza @ForeverAddickted
  • Options
    Bonne is a limited player, but very good at being in the right place at the right time. His goal record is testament to that. He did a job for us in the Championship and i'm not so sure why people dislike him.

He's disliked because he said QPR turned his head and he was otherwise average.

I quite liked him and saw him doing well at this level, but I'd have Wash over him any day 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

He's disliked because he said QPR turned his head and he was otherwise average.

I quite liked him and saw him doing well at this level, but I'd have Wash over him any day 
    I have not seen anyone suggest that Bonne would replace either Washington or Stockley. But I think we can fully expect both players to miss games at some point and the moment we only have Davison. Given we need a fourth striker it will be down to who we can get that is good enough. 
    Most good players who are available for a loan come with conditions on having to play which would give us a problem we could do without. Bonne is probably not going to be available on loan anyway, but if he was, he would be a good choice.
    I am hoping that Bows will do us a favour and let us have Chucks back for half a season.
  • Options
    He was always a confidence player who did better when he didn't have time to overthink his chances. Scored some excellent instinctive goals for us, missed some sitters when he had time to think about them.

I've no doubt he'd have looked better playing for us last night than he did playing for Ipswich because we actually provided decent service to our strikers. I'd have him over Davison, but not over Stockley or Washington. I'd have never paid 2 million quid for him.
    Yes this is fair comment, but I think we will be looking at better players in the January window.. Wouldn't be surprised if we bring a decent striker in on-loan from the championship.. Stockley type of signing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In a decent side creating chances he will get you 25 goals a season in this division.

In a side not playing well and creating little as they did on Tuesday he will be anonymous, because he's a finisher. 

I'd still say that over the course of this season he will out score any of our strikers in the league.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

Yes this is fair comment, but I think we will be looking at better players in the January window.. Wouldn't be surprised if we bring a decent striker in on-loan from the championship.. Stockley type of signing
    A decent striker on loan from a Championship will either be expected to play or coming out of contract so a case of try before you buy. I hope the latter.
  • Options
    In a decent side creating chances he will get you 25 goals a season in this division.

In a side not playing well and creating little as they did on Tuesday he will be anonymous, because he's a finisher. 

I'd still say that over the course of this season he will out score any of our strikers in the league.
    Maybe, but will a team get better results with a more well rounded striker? And despite his run Stockley still isn’t being seen as a proper goalscorer. He’s a target man coming up to the peak of his career, avoid too many injuries and suspensions then he’s easily worth 15-20 a season.
  • Options
    A Leyton Orient mate of mine warned me he starts the season well but tails off as it goes on.  I’ll be honest I never rated him and thought he looked overweight the other day. I’d rather Washington any day
  • Options

In the league he's on 11 now I think, Stockley on 7 but that might change given their form relative to each other. Plus Stockley provides much more to a team on top of goals, Bonne does not. 
  • Options
    But he's just talking about goals scored not the total contribution.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Maybe, but will a team get better results with a more well rounded striker? And despite his run Stockley still isn’t being seen as a proper goalscorer. He’s a target man coming up to the peak of his career, avoid too many injuries and suspensions then he’s easily worth 15-20 a season.
    Possibly but Ipswich would probably feel they've spent enough getting in creative players to provide him with the chances.

And yes Stockley offers much more (holding the ball up, aerial threat and helping out defending set pieces) but it's not really a fair comparison as him and Bonne are totally different players. It's probably a closer comparison if you compared Bonne and Washington. I think Bonne would've taken one of Washington's chances on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Possibly but Ipswich would probably feel they've spent enough getting in creative players to provide him with the chances.

And yes Stockley offers much more (holding the ball up, aerial threat and helping out defending set pieces) but it's not really a fair comparison as him and Bonne are totally different players. It's probably a closer comparison if you compared Bonne and Washington. I think Bonne would've taken one of Washington's chances on Tuesday.
    Except Washington ALSO provides other things than goals for a team. 

Bonne's ahead of both purely in terms of number of goals but that's all he brings. Both Washington and Stockley are much better all round players and more beneficial to a team. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Scoham said:

Except Washington ALSO provides other things than goals for a team. 

Bonne's ahead of both purely in terms of number of goals but that's all he brings. Both Washington and Stockley are much better all round players and more beneficial to a team. 
    Not sure why you keep saying Stockley/ Washington offer this. The whole point Chris said is that he would score more than our forwards, not that he would prefer him or that he does anything else. He is correct, if they had 50 chances each retrospectively he would outscore them both, Stockley would outscore Connor in that one, but still ifs and buts but Bonne is a more natural goalscorer. As already pointed out most people would still have Washington over him and Stockley as they offer more for the team. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ipswich Town striker Macauley Bonne and his partner have opened up in a social media post about experiencing baby loss. 

The 26-year-old and his fiancee Chloe Walker said they hoped people would understand after it had "taken a massive toll" this year. He shared his partner's post onto his Instagram story.

Chloe wrote: "This isn't something we've wanted to share for a while now but it's taken a massive toll on us both this year.

"Me and Macauley have been trying to conceive for just over a year. We've had three miscarriages and are finally going through all the tests.  

"We apologise for being distant, quiet this last year or so. This has obviously [affected] us both and is probably showing in our work life and would rather people knew the real reason.  

"We don't want sympathy hence why we've kept it very private up until now. We hope you understand and bear with us whilst we come to terms with everything." 

• Options
    very sad, happened once to me and my wife - she was heartbroken, so can only imagine how they are feeling are 3
  • Options
    very sad, happened once to me and my wife - she was heartbroken, so can only imagine how they are feeling are 3
    Awful thing to happen for them.
  • Options
    Bonne's a good lad. The last 2 pages on here have just been full of crappy criticism from calling him fat to the same old analysis about his play. 

Well done to him on the goals this season under such time.
  • Options
    Ah, that's sad to hear. I've been through this myself and it's a desperately unhappy and tragic place, especially for mum. Good luck the them both.
  • Options
    If Bonne stays fit, he will out score anyone that plays up front for Cafc this season even if it's off the bench.

Bonne -  42 apps - 12 goals
    Stockley - 32 apps - 13 goals
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Bonne looked superb today. That's how bad we were