Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne joins QPR for £2m (Ed. Joined Ipswich on loan)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Not sure about the comments of him being a good finisher.. He missed some absolute sitters for us, and some big big chances towards the back end of the championship season, if he had put them away, it may have been a different story.

Given maybe his finishing has been better for Ipswich(we only see the highlights) even then, he has miss of the season.... would like to see his goals to chances ratio...  
  • Options
    Mid table league one player. Glad he got his ‘bigger’ move. 
  • Options
    Fatty BonneBonne looked very average.  I was with my brother in law who is an Ipswich fan and he was more frustrated with Bonne complaining and waving his arms around rather than trying to make things happen.  We both thought Bonne looked overweight.

If you’re the single striker you have to make the centre backs work and our guys could have been sharing a cigar. 
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/top-scorers

His stats compare well with the other L1 leading scorers
  • Options
    He spent 90% of the match in off side positions. At one point in the second half he looked down the line, saw he was offside and just stood there. He didn't get service but even if ipswich did offer anything, they couldn't play him in because of his poor positioning.

I loved it late on the game when Pearce went down, Bonne stood there with his arms in the air to say "that wasn't a foul",the ref didn't give it, Pearce stood up and came away with the ball with Bonne still standing there arms aloft
  • Options
    Ipswich overall were shite last night, even playing the magic Charlton Reject duo of Piggot and Bonne together at the end didn't culminate in anything
  • Options
    Piggot moves around with the ball a bit better than I expected. He'll be stuck there on high wages now unless really loves football and moves.
  • Options
    Bonne was never worth the fee we got for him. Daylight robbery. He’ll carve a career for himself and good luck to him. If he gets a Championship gig again I’ll be amazed. League one at best. I suspect he’ll be a perennial loanee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought he was poor last night but fucking hell  he hardly had one decent pass all game! Nothing against the fella really, good luck to him, but I enjoyed the fact he had a frustrating evening. Makes a change from former players returning to haunt us time and time again. 
  • Options
    He didn't get a pass because Dobson, Lee and Gilbey absolutely dominated their midfield, that and even if he got the pass, he was constantly 2 yards off side, and never checked/bent a run to be onside when those balls came. Compared to Connor who backed his pace and was happy to be on the move against the centre half 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I thought he was very poor last night but tbf had little service,

Enjoyed him complaining about the ref giving a free kick to Jason P, he hadn't, and Pearcy played on and left him in his rear view still moaning. 

Glad the sex offender song fell flat throughout however, rubbish, generic, nonsense. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I'd rather have 2 million pounds than a substitute striker, though
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    He’s pony - move on 
    Would you swap Stockley or Washington for him …. Nope 
    It's interesting how things can change isn't it. I've always liked Washington and Stockley, but I wonder how many people would have agreed with you back at the end of October before Jackson took over, when Bonne had 10 goals in 12 games (playing for a fairly crap Ipswich side), Washington had 1 in 10 (a penalty) and Stockley had 4 in 13 and had been dropped for a back-up 22 year old. I think the reality is that most strikers at this level are really dependent on a lot of factors around their play including set-up, playing style and their own happiness. If they could keep up their form and score no matter what they'd be playing at a higher level.
    Looking at Bonne's goals, it's also quite interesting that his 11 goals this season have only really directly been worth 8 of their 27 points. He saved a point against Morecambe and got both in a draw against MK Dons, scored the only goal in a win against Lincoln and the winner against Shrewsbury. Other than that he scored in losses or total shellackings, getting 1 each time in wins of 4-1, 4-0 and 6-0. Despite all his goals he's not deciding matches, which is a problem we had with him at the tail end of the last Championship season when Lyle went on sabbatical. I don't watch Ipswich because life is hard enough as it is, but I wonder how many key chances he's missed in the matches where they've dropped points.
  • Options
    If he came in on loan in January I would be pleased.
  • Options
    When Washington or Bonne get a one on one chance I never think they’ll score 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If I had to choose,  I'd re-sign Pigs ahead of Bonne. In a positive team he adds more. 
  • Options
    I'd have him back in a heartbeat, incredible finisher
    Except when he was 1 on 1 with the millwall keeper. Except when we were 1 up at Birmingham and the ball fell to him 5 yards out with the goal at his mercy 
  • Options
    Wouldnt want him back. Goes missing too much in games and ends up being a passenger. 
  • Options
    Except when he was 1 on 1 with the millwall keeper. Except when we were 1 up at Birmingham and the ball fell to him 5 yards out with the goal at his mercy 
    No other strikers ever miss chances.
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    If I had to choose,  I'd re-sign Pigs ahead of Bonne. In a positive team he adds more. 
    Pigs would be a better backup to Stockley certainly than Davison
  • Options
    Judge him on his record so far this season not just last night.

Another example would be Michael Smith at Rotherham, got a great record over the last few seasons but didn't really trouble us when we played them recently.
  • Options
    No other strikers ever miss chances.
    Of course. I just think using the word incredible to describe Macauley bonnes finishing skills is over the top. Ronaldo, messi and Robert Rosario can be described as incredible but Bonne?

he is a good league 1 player but if he was incredible, he would be playing in the champions league.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/socceram/status/1427978596765818884?s=21
  • Options
    Pigott would be a better backup to Stockley than Bonne.  But why would he consider coming here.  If he is frustrated with playing time there better options than us