Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ged Roddy MBE appointed as Technical Director - resigned (p26)

Comments

• Options
    I assume it is Ged Roddy who has deleted his Twitter account
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Deleted his Twitter account
    Prob not even him, i suspect a twitter troll...
    He was a good one if he was...

Waited 9 years for the pay off.... 
    Why would you build a twitter account over 9 years and then delete after the tweet, very odd. 
  • Options
    Seems this clown is nicking living, even got his kid a contract. Just sack him off. 
    What is this based on? Factually I mean, not gossip/speculation
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Why would you build a twitter account over 9 years and then delete after the tweet, very odd. 
    It's not deleted hence I screen shotted it.... 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

It's not deleted hence I screen shotted it.... 
    Just give me a whoosh...
  • Options
    edited August 2021
  • Options
    What did happen with that sponsorship deal he was working on. I know businesses at the Charlton golf day who were shocked at what happened with the current deal. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hold on - the “college” we “signed” Jacob Roddy from is just a private secondary school? I assumed it was some sort of sports academy. I’ve never heard of us signing a player from a school, surely young players just go to school until their 18 and then leave? 

Something very, very odd about this whole thing. 

• Options
    edited August 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    What did happen with that sponsorship deal he was working on. I know businesses at the Charlton golf day who were shocked at what happened with the current deal. 
    The deal (by Mumford not Roddy) was overhyped but it is not a sponsorship deal and it has been done. It will be announced in due course. It was never going to have any impact on the transfer budget.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Played Bradfield U14 Bs once. They beat us 14-0. One of my kick-outs dropped near the centre-circle and a player volleyed it straight back over my head and in. They're a jolly serious football school 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    The deal (by Mumford not Roddy) was overhyped but it is not a sponsorship deal and it has been done. It will be announced in due course. It was never going to have any impact on the transfer budget.
    Airman. Are you hearing any rumblings about Roddys role and influence in the club?

• Options
    Talking of sponsorships and tie ups weren't we doing something with Zheng Zhi that was going to get us publicity in China, and something with a club in India who had millions of fans?

That's Mumford's area i know, not Roddy. But just curious.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    So what exactly does this man offer? 
    To come at this from the other perspective....."So what exactly is people's problem with Ged"

I see a lot of negativity aimed at him but I fail to see why there is  so much animosity aimed at him and why he is suddenly the target for the boo boys?   Admittedly the transfer window isn't going how we wanted it to but I am not sure the issue is Roddy
    I think people are pissed off mate. Hoped for more, expected more, and are loading their gun as a reaction.

No one knows where to point their gun though. So all of them (Sandgaard, Roddy, Gallen, Adkins) are potentially in the firing line depending on where individuals think  the blame lies without knowing the truth. 
    It’s all very depressing isn’t it? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Played Bradfield U14 Bs once. They beat us 14-0. One of my kick-outs dropped near the centre-circle and a player volleyed it straight back over my head and in. They're a jolly serious football school 
    Fancy sitting on the bench to cover MacGillivray?
  • Options
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Airman. Are you hearing any rumblings about Roddys role and influence in the club?

Noise around a bit of a turf war in January, which I think Bowyer-Gallen won. I've never really seen the case for both Roddy and Gallen in L1 tbh.
    I think this is the nub of it. Sandgaard is trying to run the club like a "normal" business by having directors of X, y and z but this isn't really necessary. 

I don't think this is necessarily something that Roddy can be blamed for personally, he got given the job and is doing it. But I don't think it's been implemented particularly well.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    J BLOCK said:

Noise around a bit of a turf war in January, which I think Bowyer-Gallen won. I've never really seen the case for both Roddy and Gallen in L1 tbh.
    I think this is the nub of it. Sandgaard is trying to run the club like a "normal" business by having directors of X, y and z but this isn't really necessary. 

I don't think this is necessarily something that Roddy can be blamed for personally, he got given the job and is doing it. But I don't think it's been implemented particularly well.
    This isnt a dig in anyway mate but you say he has been given a job and he is doing it, how do you know that ? I think it is all a bit vague what his job is let alone that he is doing it ?
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Interesting tweet from Readings ex Technical Director 

Bitter ex employee…
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    J BLOCK said:

Nothing, because he never worked on a sponsorship deal. This is the kind of thing we need to avoid, trying to pin problems on one person instead of trying to find out what is ACTUALLY happening.
    Mumford was working on it. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Fancy sitting on the bench to cover MacGillivray?
    Leuth could be our modern day Steve Brown fancied his chances last night at left back 😉.
  • Options
    The fact that kids, some of which have been with us since they were 6 years old have been bumped off in the summer and replaced by the new sporting directors son,  is starting to whiff quite a bit 
    Agreed. Its nepotism......but then on the other hand whatt about Miles Leaburn ? Is that the same case ?