Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Injured players -2020 - 2021 Season

Comments

• Options
    MattF said:
    Fastest I've seen Pearcey sprint all season! :smile:

• Options
    Best header Pearce has made recently 😇
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Fastest I've seen Pearcey sprint all season! :smile:

Usual defending technique though - all arms
  • Options
    I notice Bogle's last contribution was to shoot Stockley

Bloke goes down like a sniper has just got him 😂
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Look at that casual water......and there is a lot more rain on the way tomorrow.
  • Options
    I know we didn't play today but did we pick up any injuries?
  • Options
    I know we didn't play today but did we pick up any injuries?
    Only Stockley and Pearce, being fished out of the puddles.

• Options
    Any word on Washington?
  • Options
    Shinnie might be injured by the way...just seen on his Instagram story him training with Vennings. Hope I'm wrong! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's hope Shinnie is just getting some extra work in. But perhaps it adds up now with signing another CM. 
  • Options
    Matt Smith,  skipped disc after getting up whe hechad just signed for us !
    Eh?
  • Options
    Matt Smith,  skipped disc after getting up whe hechad just signed for us !
    Are you a Welsh speaker?

• Options
    Matt Smith,  skipped disc after getting up. Whe Hechad just signed for us !
    Dunno who Whe Hechad is, but your ITK score is gonna get a bump if this one comes through.
  • Options
    I see that message as positivity from Clive that Washington and Famewo are not far away, but Famewo will not be playing vs Rochdale. 

Inniss could still be 2-4 weeks at best. After that we have no injuries. Fingers crossed it remains that way. 

p.s Maddison's injuries on reflection now remind me of when I was an office manager and the typically disruptive, usually younger office staff that would call in sick regularly...
    Migraine,
    Sickness bug,
    Diarrhoea,
    Cold,
    Flu etc

All in a year...  eventually they would almost always ended up with a 2 week sign off for something and then their notice would be in before they could start going down the HR route. (Usually something difficult to disprove like a bad back). 

• Options
    Not very nice for Vennings that nobody is considering him in talk of injuries and comebacks?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

p.s Maddison's injuries on reflection now remind me of when I was an office manager and the typically disruptive, usually younger office staff that would call in sick regularly...
    Migraine,
    Sickness bug,
    Diarrhoea,
    Cold,
    Flu etc

All in a year...  eventually they would almost always ended up with a 2 week sign off for something and then their notice would be in before they could start going down the HR route. (Usually something difficult to disprove like a bad back). 

Reminds me of my days as a manager back in the early 1980's - amongst the self-certs I received were:-
    Dysentery - Literally for a one day absence.
    Hangover - Admirable honesty, but have you thought this through
    Debility - Brilliant catch-all for being allowed to sit around doing f-all.
    Anal Fissure - Okay, I'll take your word
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    mendonca said:
    Not very nice for Vennings that nobody is considering him in talk of injuries and comebacks?
    I'm not including the development squad. Albie is a first team regular as was Alfie. James hasn't yet made it a regular thing, despite showing flashes of being very good. Better in the tackle than Albie at least.

Just realised I need to move Jonny Williams to the black death section.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Migraine,
    Sickness bug,
    Diarrhoea,
    Cold,
    Flu etc

Reminds me of my days as a manager back in the early 1980's - amongst the self-certs I received were:-
    I once had a girl ring in and she said to me "I've got a hangover or food poisoning or both but can you put it down as food poisoning?"

That's the other self cert regular. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Migraine,
    Sickness bug,
    Diarrhoea,
    Cold,
    Flu etc

I once had a girl ring in and she said to me "I've got a hangover or food poisoning or both but can you put it down as food poisoning?"

That's the other self cert regular. 
    You're right. "I had a dodgy chinese" was an absolute cliche
  • Options
    clive said:
    So, probably at least 3-4 weeks before we see Innis back & a couple before Famewo is back too...that's as long as he doesn't get injured playing for the U23's that is.

So to all those saying "just wait until the big 2 are back" well, we might have to wait until March before we see either of them back in action, by which time any hopes of getting top 6 will be 3 fields away.

• Options
    I think he'll be in the squad this weekend and in the starting lineup hopefully by next.
  • Options
    clive said:
    So, probably at least 3-4 weeks before we see Innis back & a couple before Famewo is back too...that's as long as he doesn't get injured playing for the U23's that is.

So to all those saying "just wait until the big 2 are back" well, we might have to wait until March before we see either of them back in action, by which time any hopes of getting top 6 will be 3 fields away.

The U23's next match is next Tuesday,  no reason that if Famewo comes through that ok that he could come back for the Gillingham home game on Saturday.
  • Options
    clive said:
    clive said:

The U23's next match is next Tuesday,  no reason that if Famewo comes through that ok that he could come back for the Gillingham home game on Saturday.
    Yep I expect he'll probably only play 45 mins either way. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    clive said:
    clive said:

"Akin Famewo limped off in the 27th minute of his comeback U23 match with a calf strain. It's not thought to be a major injury but is likely to rule him out for the next 2 weeks"
  • Options
    clive said:
    clive said:

I'm not sure about that. The way I read it he still seems to be at least 2 weeks away from even making the bench. Fleetwood I reckon. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    clive said:

I'm not sure about that. The way I read it he still seems to be at least 2 weeks away from even making the bench. Fleetwood I reckon. 

Akin Famewo

"Akin is obviously back training. What I’ll try and do is to let him get some minutes with the U23s. He’s been out a while, so he looks a bit rusty in training, which you would expect as it has been a while. We’ll try and get him some minutes in an U23s game – maybe 45 minutes, see how he is, maybe 60 and then get that rustiness out of him and then he’ll come back in properly. We can’t rush him back, we don’t want to lose him between now and the end of the season."

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/601bd2eb4f9ac/injury-update-on-akin-famewo-conor-washington-and-ryan-inniss

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    I'm not including the development squad. Albie is a first team regular as was Alfie. James hasn't yet made it a regular thing, despite showing flashes of being very good. Better in the tackle than Albie at least.

Just realised I need to move Jonny Williams to the black death section.
    Sure @Dazzler21. I wasn't referring to the list but more on interviewers who know about the squad, not asking about him. Either with the hat on for the First team or U23.