Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

European Super League - clubs withdrawing p42 onwards.

Comments

• Options
    Chelsea withdrawing, it’s over. Lasted less than 48 hours. 
    If they are inside Stamford Bridge they need to hurry up, that could get quite nasty, very quickly.

Not sure if either team has managed to get in the ground yet! 
  • Options
    Sky Sports News just announcing Chelsea to pull out.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Luke Shaw statement 
  • Options
    Yup SsN saying Chelski pulling out! Unconfirmed currently.
    Peter Chek (sp) came out and spoke to fans blocking the entrance, now they've moved on.
  • Options
    I honestly thought Man City would be the first to falter what Pep's comments and them not having American owners
  • Options
    I honestly thought Man City would be the first to falter what Pep's comments and them not having American owners
    I thought they might too, they won’t be far behind 
  • Options
    Lab 3 The Domino Effect Lab - Home
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now lets see how easy it is for Chelsea to actually leave...
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Man City and Chelsea would probably exist and thrive in the current structure and are both owned by what could be termed football fans. 
    Abramovich’s motivation for buying Chelsea was primarily his desire to increase his profile, thus making him less likely to get bumped off. 

Mansour’s motivation for buying clubs on multiple continents was part of a major effort to make his country look less backward, what with their rather questionable human rights record. 

It seems we have different definitions when it comes to ‘football fans’. But then again, I’ve been told on here numerous times that it’s okay, ‘cos City okay great football! 
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2gxApv6iJ8

Good coverage of the Chelsea protest here
  • Options
    Now lets see how easy it is for Chelsea to actually leave...
    This is what I've thought about today and if the teams do cancel this I wonder what JP Morgan will do, can't imagine they're too happy. Could (hopefully) become very messy for these teams involved.
  • Options
    Chelsea should still be docked points and fined, as should all who decide to step out in the future. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Chelsea should still be docked points and fined, as should all who decide to step out in the future. 
    Of course they shouldn’t 
  • Options
    I don’t think Chelsea should be punished, but they’ve massively weakened their position in the Premier League decision making.

• Options
    Tim Sherwood, on sky just said Mourinio was sacked because he was brought in to get them into the top 4 and failed, has he been in a coma for 48 hours
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I don’t think Chelsea should be punished, but they’ve massively weakened their position in the Premier League decision making.

Think I read than Chelsea and Man City (apologies if I’ve missed it I. This thread) were backed in to a corner. Well done to them for backing down the other 11 need to follow. 
  • Options
    Razor1890 said:
    perhaps i'm coming from a different view, my team is Bohemians in dublin, it will always be Bohs, i came to London at bye age of 29, one of the lads was a charlton boy, our mates (devon, wolves and forest) wanted to find something that attached Us to this great citys.

All of us have a few quid (middling city blokes) but we took to Charlton, because that was our mates team, it was a locals team, we liked the pubs, the smell of the place and the people that our tickets determined we sat beside.

I would have been prime "super league' fodder as would hand my mates, on a spreadsheet we would have been the exact kind of "customer" they would have ear marked. But we didn't.

This sport, and at times i fucking loath it, had one great leveller, your team earn it on the pitch, they over achieve, they underachieve but every year your squad is held up account for what they did from the first kick of a ball to the last.

This, for me, is why competitive football is what football on this country is based upon.

I think the “exact kind of customer” the Super League is targeting are from much further east (and much further west) than Dublin! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair play to Chelsea fans - they’ve taken a stand in pretty impressive numbers and their club have changed their mind, not sure if the two things are connected but good for them either way. 
  • Options
    I'm surprised there wasn't more of an arms race to get out first. Someone was going to blink with all this negative reporting, and the team that bails first and topples the house of cards will be looked on much better than the clubs who sat by and doubled down. Utd and Liverpool were never going to back down but I think Chelsea will be remembered more positively than the rest for this. People will be thanking them, which is pretty perverse
  • Options
    City reported to be out as well. It is the sun reporting it so take with a pinch of salt.
  • Options
    Barca and Atletico Madrid too apparently.
  • Options
    Think Chelsea and City were reported to be the most reluctant in all of this, will be interesting to see if any of the remaining 10 follow