Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

European Super League - clubs withdrawing p42 onwards.

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    The promo video they put out earlier is embarrassing! 

https://youtu.be/LqtZMxSuIRo

Just incase some people are like me in an office... This is NSFW without headphones... 

Fortunately I have headphones.
    Oh ffs just been done full volume, then scramble to click off it, came back 10 minutes later, open the Internet and it goes off again 
  • Options
    I think us football fans actually need this to happen. Hear me out.

It is now going to rightfully point the finger at the money grabbing people. The billionaire business owners. They are now getting found out.

Footballs soul will return and it will return because of this.

Lot of outspoken people are on the side of the public.

Who knows, United might end up losing a shit load of money and they will be desperate to return.

Maybe stick them in the conference....stranger things have happened.

Roland probably thinks the euro super League is a genius idea!

Say goodbye to the money wins you everything folks. It is going to very gradually -.f*ck off!!!

🙂
  • Options
    EPL and FA need to come out now and say that the 6 will be expelled from the English game on Friday, any who change their mind before Friday can stay on current terms, there will be no re-negotiations of share of income or voting power. Take it or leave it.

What would really put the cat amongst the pigeons is if the EPL said they've got Celtic and Rangers coming in, so the first 4 to bail on the super league get their places back, the other 2 are out of luck.
    We could also bring in Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Juventus, Inter Milan and AC Milan whilst we're at it 
    You would  need permission to play in a league in another country.  You would have to start at the bottom of the pyramid. 

Only one club has ever been able to do this...you must know who that is.
    Gretna? 
  • Options
    Guernsey FC and Jersey Bulls?
  • Options
    EPL and FA need to come out now and say that the 6 will be expelled from the English game on Friday, any who change their mind before Friday can stay on current terms, there will be no re-negotiations of share of income or voting power. Take it or leave it.

What would really put the cat amongst the pigeons is if the EPL said they've got Celtic and Rangers coming in, so the first 4 to bail on the super league get their places back, the other 2 are out of luck.
    We could also bring in Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Juventus, Inter Milan and AC Milan whilst we're at it 
    You would  need permission to play in a league in another country.  You would have to start at the bottom of the pyramid. 

Only one club has ever been able to do this...you must know who that is.
    I think both Celtic and Rangers could suffer being in division two and working their way upwards. The final rewards would more than compensate. There are precedents of clubs within these shores playing in different countries. Cardiff and Swansea from Wales and Berwick Rangers from England in the Scottish Lowland league. I doubt either would be an obstacle to it happening.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Only one club has ever been able to do this...you must know who that is. Welsh teams and Berwick Rangers plus Gretna don't count.
    Why don't Gretna count?  They left the northern league, or what ever it was in England, joined the Scottish league and worked their way up? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

Only one club has ever been able to do this...you must know who that is. Welsh teams and Berwick Rangers plus Gretna don't count.
    Why don't Gretna count?  They left the northern league, or what ever it was in England, joined the Scottish league and worked their way up? 
    Cause it’s not the one he was thinking of
  • Options
    Chelsea fans protesting and blocking the team buses from accessing the ground. Good luck to them.
  • Options
    Why don’t Cardiff, Swansea and Berwick Rangers count ? Aren’t they football clubs from one country playing in another ?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Looking at amazon's statement, i'm actually pretty convinced its facebook that are wanting the rights. This PR clusterfuck has zuck's fingerprints all over it. 
    Robots don't have fingerprints
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder who the drivers of this idea are? Football finance wise, Man City and Chelsea would probably exist and thrive in the current structure and are both owned by what could be termed football fans. Arsenal and Man Utd are owned by Americans, and the NFL model of no relegation would sit comfortably with them. As for Spurs, they couldn't win dick all in any league and are pissing money, which brings us nicely to the Spaniards and Italians, those clubs, as big as they are, really are a basket case financially and this would be seen as a life line for those clubs. Still hope it happens and goes horribly wrong for all involved as the chairman of those clubs deserve chasing out of football for their actions 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Which part of that is bad for fans, sounds like it's bad for the super club owners if anything
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Shearer saying this morning that the Premier League should act straight away and kick the clubs out and take on the legal fight. I wonder if this happened how many of their players might have release causes in their contracts, such as relegation or not qualifying for Europe and could walk away on free transfers and sign for real clubs not in the Super Greed League
    What other clubs not in the super league could afford their salaries?

They can't all sign for PSG and Bayern.
    A few clubs not having to pay a transfer fee could offer decent deals
    How?

If the big 6 were kicked out of the league, the Sky/BT tv deal would collapse and clubs would be struggling to pay their existing wage bill. They'd no longer be getting 100m+ a season, they'd be getting about 10m (i might be exaggerating but a new deal would be much much less).

The tv deal only exists because of the big 6. People might say 'good riddance, let them go', but without them the premier league is fucked and would be for years until clubs recovered. If people think clubs were financially damaged by no fans because of covid, imagine the fall out if the tv deal collapses.
    I think it’s naive to think that the breakaway clubs haven’t already been in dialogue with various companies regarding tv rights. Including Sky despite their public indignation. The tv rights to this in the Far East in particular will potentially be enormous. It might well impact the current Sky / BT deal with the remainder PL clubs but I doubt any of the breakaways could give a toss. In Europe the likes of Real Madrid and Barca already control their rights and will care even less than the English clubs. 

I suspect this proposal is too far advanced to be any kind of ploy to extract a better deal from tv or to pressurise UEFA into a restructuring of Champions League. I think despite the massive and widespread criticism they know that eventually the dust will settle and for me unfortunately the bastards will succeed in getting what they want. Financial and regulatory autonomy. As for English football it will mean a reboot and I can see within a few years restructuring of our leagues with the door opening to Celtic and Rangers being invited in. 

I’m not confident this will be blocked. 
    You may not be able to block it as such but if the Government really wants to stop it it can make life so difficult for the clubs that they think twice.

For example, they could impose a super-tax on the clubs. (Admittedly, if they register ownership abroad that may not be so effective ). They could instruct police forces not to provide policing - that could easily mean local authorities refuse to licence the grounds meaning games can't go ahead. They could refuse employment visas for players the clubs want to sign. 

If the will is there at Government level to stop it functioning, it can be done.
    If anyone thinks that the government will do anything along the lines of what you have suggested then I’m astonished. They won’t do anything other than wring their hands. 
    HMGov won't even wring their (dirty) hands - they'll just mumble a few weasly platitudes hinting that hand ought to be wrung, somewhere, by someone else.
    Sorry mate, I've worked in government at a fairly high level and I can assure you that this government's eyes will have lit up at what is a win/win situation for them. Remember the levelling-up agenda and trying to appeal to the Northern voter? This is perfect stuff to get involved in for that. 
    May be an image of text
    Nope...still can't think of a relevant analogy.
  • Options
    The 6 or 7 South Wales teams were asked to join the football league because at the time the South Wales league was much stronger than the English league division 2. 
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Shearer saying this morning that the Premier League should act straight away and kick the clubs out and take on the legal fight. I wonder if this happened how many of their players might have release causes in their contracts, such as relegation or not qualifying for Europe and could walk away on free transfers and sign for real clubs not in the Super Greed League
    What other clubs not in the super league could afford their salaries?

They can't all sign for PSG and Bayern.
    A few clubs not having to pay a transfer fee could offer decent deals
    How?

If the big 6 were kicked out of the league, the Sky/BT tv deal would collapse and clubs would be struggling to pay their existing wage bill. They'd no longer be getting 100m+ a season, they'd be getting about 10m (i might be exaggerating but a new deal would be much much less).

The tv deal only exists because of the big 6. People might say 'good riddance, let them go', but without them the premier league is fucked and would be for years until clubs recovered. If people think clubs were financially damaged by no fans because of covid, imagine the fall out if the tv deal collapses.
    I think it’s naive to think that the breakaway clubs haven’t already been in dialogue with various companies regarding tv rights. Including Sky despite their public indignation. The tv rights to this in the Far East in particular will potentially be enormous. It might well impact the current Sky / BT deal with the remainder PL clubs but I doubt any of the breakaways could give a toss. In Europe the likes of Real Madrid and Barca already control their rights and will care even less than the English clubs. 

I suspect this proposal is too far advanced to be any kind of ploy to extract a better deal from tv or to pressurise UEFA into a restructuring of Champions League. I think despite the massive and widespread criticism they know that eventually the dust will settle and for me unfortunately the bastards will succeed in getting what they want. Financial and regulatory autonomy. As for English football it will mean a reboot and I can see within a few years restructuring of our leagues with the door opening to Celtic and Rangers being invited in. 

I’m not confident this will be blocked. 
    You may not be able to block it as such but if the Government really wants to stop it it can make life so difficult for the clubs that they think twice.

For example, they could impose a super-tax on the clubs. (Admittedly, if they register ownership abroad that may not be so effective ). They could instruct police forces not to provide policing - that could easily mean local authorities refuse to licence the grounds meaning games can't go ahead. They could refuse employment visas for players the clubs want to sign. 

If the will is there at Government level to stop it functioning, it can be done.
    If anyone thinks that the government will do anything along the lines of what you have suggested then I’m astonished. They won’t do anything other than wring their hands. 
    HMGov won't even wring their (dirty) hands - they'll just mumble a few weasly platitudes hinting that hand ought to be wrung, somewhere, by someone else.
    Sorry mate, I've worked in government at a fairly high level and I can assure you that this government's eyes will have lit up at what is a win/win situation for them. Remember the levelling-up agenda and trying to appeal to the Northern voter? This is perfect stuff to get involved in for that. 
    May be an image of text
    Nope...still can't think of a relevant analogy.
    I'd guess it may be something to do with the American Declaration of Independence, because it's pretty obvious that the 13 Colonies haven't managed to prosper since leaving the loving embrace of the Mother Country....
  • Options
    The 6 or 7 South Wales teams were asked to join the football league because at the time the South Wales league was much stronger than the English league division 2. 
    I always presumed that the likes of Cardiff and Swansea etc. joined the English Leagues as there was no Welsh League
  • Options
    It seems Katrien Miere was ahead of her time. We are not fans but customers.  A lady ahead of her time. 
    So was @JamesSeed of this manor, Its just been on North West news that Bill Shankley’s Grandson has threatened to remove his statue from Anfield.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Hang on aren't they signed up to it? Or is this just Rashford's view. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I always presumed that the likes of Cardiff and Swansea etc. joined the English Leagues as there was no Welsh League
    I’m not sure it really matters why. The assertion above was that permission would need to be sought for Celtic and Rangers to play in another country. My point was that there are precedents and I can’t see on what grounds permission would be denied. Certainly would be open to an appeal. I understand why people are not keen on having either but if it’s financially beneficial to the top tier of English football should the six depart then I can see why it might happen. 
  • Options
    I’m not sure it really matters why. The assertion above was that permission would need to be sought for Celtic and Rangers to play in another country. My point was that there are precedents and I can’t see on what grounds permission would be denied. Certainly would be open to an appeal. I understand why people are not keen on having either but if it’s financially beneficial to the top tier of English football should the six depart then I can see why it might happen. 
    Sorry I was just fasincated by the reason that saw the Welsh teams join the EFL
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Hang on aren't they signed up to it? Or is this just Rashford's view. 
    They are. But Rashford, and everybody else barring about 50 people aren’t interested. 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    I wonder who the drivers of this idea are? Football finance wise, Man City and Chelsea would probably exist and thrive in the current structure and are both owned by what could be termed football fans. Arsenal and Man Utd are owned by Americans, and the NFL model of no relegation would sit comfortably with them. As for Spurs, they couldn't win dick all in any league and are pissing money, which brings us nicely to the Spaniards and Italians, those clubs, as big as they are, really are a basket case financially and this would be seen as a life line for those clubs. Still hope it happens and goes horribly wrong for all involved as the chairman of those clubs deserve chasing out of football for their actions 
    I don't think it is the no relegation that is the real issue. It would be if it was a possibility, but it isn't. It is the possibilty of not getting a Champions League place.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    We can all relax.

Plans for a European Super League offend "the basic principles of competition", Boris Johnson has said.
    Describing the proposal as a "cartel", the prime minister said he would use legislation to block it if needed. 

Close thread or wonder if it’s just Johnson being caught again saying something because it’s what people want to hear but can’t actually back it up ?
  • Options
    Chelsea withdrawing, it’s over. Lasted less than 48 hours. 
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Great protest from the Chelsea fans, reckon the police will start needing to take further measures to ensure team coaches can get into stadiums between now and the end of the season
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Great protest from the Chelsea fans, reckon the police will start needing to take further measures to ensure team coaches can get into stadiums between now and the end of the season
    Petr Cech has single-handedly dispersed the crowd.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Well done Chelsea for coming to your senses. Who’s next?