Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool v Charlton | 20/10/2020 | Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Just wait until all of our players are match fit...............except the ones that get injured  :)
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Some of the new signings look great. 
    Inniss is an absolute warrior. 
    Maatsen looked skilful and intelligent. 
  • Options
    Performance wise, mixed bag. Excellent defence, midfield hampered by some really conservative decisions managerially. Attack seems almost entirely dependent on the Man Mountain Chuks which with his fitness record is worrying. 

BUT... three points is still three points so can't really complain on that front l

• Options
    Thomas, see winning 1-0 is not so bad is it ;)
    Arsenal did pretty well with it many moons ago  :)
  • Options
    It’s a new team, only just started to train together let alone play full competitive matches, our 2 better flair players out injured......................... Me I am pretty pleased with that, it’s all about picking up points and clean sheets an absolute bonus, Bowyer has a bit of Curbs in him, got a good feeling about this squad LB & SG have put together, be surprised if not at least play-offs this season - all about building & momentum COYA.
  • Options
    We are clearly a work in progress at the moment, and often show flashes of what we may be able to do. But never seem to be able to sustain it for any period of time.

Defence is looking so solid - I like Innis and he is a fantastic addition, but for me Famewo is the real star. And literally the moment Maatsen came on you knew he was different gravy - thank you again Chelsea.

I hope with a couple more wins Bows will get braver with his tactics and team choice. I am not sure what his issue is with Williams, who to be fair I think it overrated by the majority of Charlton fans - but to not put him on when his confidence must be sky high worries me.

When Maddison and Gilby are back I do not want to see Pratley and Watson in the same starting line up again. 

• Options
    Chuks  :D

Could get quite a few this year! Here's hoping :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I thought we played well particularly second half, main negative was what a dick Purrington was. However it let the young lad in who did bloody well. Aneke if coached correctly could be one hell of a player.
  • Options
    Back to back wins. Three cleans sheets in a row. Really impressed with centre defenders and Gunter. There are obvious flaws but we seem to have a solid foundations.

Hoping Gilbey will be the difference when he is back from injury. Got out jail today as think Bowyer would be getting abuse for that first half showing.

• Options
    Bowyer taking the George Graham approach.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Two scrappy wins with a virtually new team. Neither were convincing.

Still, two clean sheets and the team can only improve as they start to gel.
    And some very key players to come in too.
  • Options
    Happy with the win. Happy for Chuks. Well deserved. Maatsen very promising. Though Alfie worked hard. 3 points!!! Yes!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Apart from Ben P, EVERYONE in the grey had a great game.

Just lovin' all our new lads...inc Ben W who totally made up for Saturday...but still managed to get booked.

Scrappy ? 

Maybe.

Skill ?

In  bucket loads.

Committed ?

100%.

And to top it all, Chunks ( as we call him)  does what he's there to do. 

Fanny loves you all tonight !
  • Options
    Blackpool is always a tough place to go to so a welcome win . Thought Doughty was outstanding today and the lad from Chelsea looks promising  . Centre midfield looks too slow but Gilbey back soon should improve this . Please leave Purrington in Blackpool  .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So many positives. Maatsen looks like the kid you had at school that was miles better than everyone else and was almost taking the piss.

We are gonna keep lots of clean sheets this year with the likes of Amos, Gunter, Inniss, Famewo, Pearce etc to choose from. Drop one of Watson / Pratley (on rotation as they pick up suspensions) in front of them...Proper solid old school defenders.

Maddison and Gilbey to come in too..... midfield is strong.

I will say this - if we had a BWP or Taylor in this team I’d say it would be a foregone conclusion for automatic promotion.
    Yup. In fact, why don't we just borrow the whole Chelsea youth team? :-)
  • Options
    Deserved result. That linesman needs a good kick up the jacksy. 
  • Options
    3 consecutive clean sheets and 2 consecutive 1-0 wins. Not the most convincing performance, but definite signs that the new players are bedding in and we'll only get stronger. Defensively we look great, our midfielder looked a little disjointed and the forward line were all fur coat and no knickers for most of the game, but it was worth the wait for a great team goal.

Onwards to Northampton now. Nerves can't handle too many 1-0 wins so if we could do it more convincingly this time that'd be great. Jonny should be well rested now so should get at least a half. Think Watson needs to sit this one out, although maybe better to get his suspension out the way.

Oh and to any Chelsea scouts watching, Maatsen is shit and it's going to take us all season to get him playing 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Oh we DO like to beside the seaside.! #ChuksforEngland #CAFC 🔴⚪️
  • Options
    Very very very happy with that second half. 1st we won't mention. Our back 4 was immense. 
    I actually thought Omar Bogle played well creating his own chances liked that. 

Doughty a league of his own.
  • Options
    The first half was so negative and Bowyer was forced into playing the Chelsea LB who decided to be pro active and attack.
    Chucks and Maddison are going to be so important to us this season.
    Doughty showed why we had to hold on to him, and the two CB are awesome, even though their passing needs to improve.

As the players get fitter we need to be more attacking as you don't give League 1 teams respect. Especially when their are down to 10 men after 1 minute.
    2nd half and subs were much better but why the starting 11 ?