Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool v Charlton | 20/10/2020 | Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Someone has already given Watson 8 and Maatsen 6.5 in Player Marks. Can we just ban certain people from doing them?
    Hahaha that is mad 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I see Bowyer went straight down the tunnel at the end of the game......either desperate for a shit or pissed off with something!)
  • Options
    Good win. Held out after the goal but wasnt as nervy as usual as Inniss n Famewo were totally no nonsense, which is definitrly required in this league.

Maatsen was v impressive, always trying to feed players in behind the defensive line. Everytime he got the ball I felt like something might happen, and he essentially created the goal. Doughty also threatened them lots from the wing.

Bogle n Aneke did well, both will be threatening whrn fully fit. 

Shinnie seems to have cardio for days for someone barely in the squad a week!

For the first full 90 mins ive watched this season im fairly pleased
  • Options
    We’ll look better when Maddison and Gilbey are back. Defence are going to get us any success we have because goals are still going to be hard to come by. Great three points.
  • Options
    Never thought the result was in doubt. Not sensing any of the closing minutes jitters. Amos is looking far calmer now that he has a proper defence in front of him. This side will only get better and better and it will be built on a rock solid defence. Bogle will come good. All the signs are there. Give LB the tools and he will deliver. There is a hell of a long way to go but I wager we will be in the automatic positions by the end of the season.
  • Options
    Thought the ref had a really good game, don't understand the 4/5 ratings.

Offside goal was the linesman not him
  • Options
    Is it pronounced Smy the....or Smyth (Smith)?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And Watson keeps up the yellow card count so a suspension will break up the dynamic Pratley/Watson central partnership
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Two scrappy wins with a virtually new team. Neither were convincing.

Still, two clean sheets and the team can only improve as they start to gel.
    I disagree. That was far more convincing than Saturday. Only one team was playing football tonight and it wasn't Blackpool. 
    Blackpool went down to 10 men in the 1st minute, it's hardly surprising they scrapped for the rest of the match
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Fully deserved win. Blackpool commentators reckon we where the best side they have seen. 
    Since when? 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Damn it. We should have torn into them at 11 vs 10. 

Deserved win. Whoever scores more deserves to win, technically we scored two to their nil

I'll take a 1-0 but we need to put chances to bed. 

Amos - Solid.

Gunter - Solid
    Inniss - Solid 
    Famewo - Solid 
    Purrington - Liability

Watson - Better second half, stop getting booked though... 
    Pratley - Useful but not what was needed. 
    Doughty - Good game. Created lots of opportunities. 
    Shinnie - Steady Eddie. 

Bogle - Worked hard, should have scored. Bonne would get pelters for that performance.
    Washington - First half anonymous, second half improved. 

Maatsen - Unbelievable talent. Jay DaSilva on roids. 
    Aneke - Beast mode engaged. 
    Smyth - Worked hard. 

Good effort to play well with those. He must be on some strong cream.
  • Options
    The rebuild continues, we get another 3 points, Innis (sp) is a monster (good goal in my opinion), Maatsen is bloody quality, superb cross, Doughty good awareness to head back to Chucks, who took his chance well. Madison to come back in, Gilbey to come back in, all the new lads yet to 'gel', Smyth and Shinny to get match fit, what is not to like? Get Williams more game time (Watson will be banned in 1 more game I reckon). The 'project' is well and truly on!!! 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Happy with the win although feeling a little flat about the negativity of our play. We have the squad to impose ourselves on teams and it is only going to get stronger. When we had a gift of a sending off so early and Purrington on a yellow clearly struggling against a pacey opponent, there was a logical opportunity to put Doughty left back and bring on an attacking midfielder and put them to the sword as well as minimising the risk of evening the numbers. Instead we did our best to give them a chance. 

Still, a win is a win. We are not going to keep winning playing so negatively though. People will point t the stats, and the disallowed goal, which I think was probably right, but would have been a goal had Bogle left it. But I know we have strong players, it is the way they are being deployed is worrying me a bit. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Deserved win but we do like to make it difficult. Been really impressed with Innis these last 2 games, him and Famewo look very solid together. Bogle worked hard thought he was causing them problems, nice to have Chuks coming on with their defenders softened up a bit. 

Apart from Purrington being an idiot my one concern is that we still don't really seem to be creating loads of chances. Still early days though and I'm sure it'll be better once everyone has settled in and fully fit. 
  • Options
    Is it pronounced Smy the....or Smyth (Smith)?
    Smith
  • Options
    Maatsen looked like he was playing a game of FIFA on easy mode.

That back four is going to have us keeping a lot of clean sheets this year. Plenty of one and two nil wins to come between now and May.
  • Options
    Charwill said:
    Team for saturday
    amos
    gunter
    innes
    famewo
    maatsen
    watson
    shinnie
    doughty
    maddison
    aneke
    smyth

It'll be nice... I still think the complaints about Pratley / Watson being played are a bit unfair against Bowyer

I know he's got Williams and Levitt to choose from but would they have been a bit too lightweight against two physical teams from this week?

When we get Maddison and Gilbey back fully fit I'd be just as disappointed to see Pratley and Watson starting together
  • Options
    Charwill said:
    Team for saturday
    amos
    gunter
    innes
    famewo
    maatsen
    watson
    shinnie
    doughty
    maddison
    aneke
    smyth

I like that team but it looks far too attacking for an LB side!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Chalk and cheese first half to second. The second half was the first time I've really enjoyed watching us since the opening day. Finally we got the ball down and had a midfield which passed and moved with dynamism and creativity. I love Pratters but we looked so much better without him and Purrington.

The introduction of Maatson and Shinnie dropping deeper gave us the guile to work the ball forward which we've lacked all season and we were working the ball consistently into the final 3rd which we've made look extremely difficult up until that second half. We didn't actually create much but we were playing with ten and that might improve when the players gel more. The important thing is we were working the ball into the positions to create chances. 

Maatson looked a level above, Watson and Shinnie controlled the game, Chucks would be one of the best strikers in the league if he could stay fit. Famewo and Inniss looked solid once again. Feeling much more positive after that second half where at half time I was really wondering whether I would ever enjoy watching us play again. 

Please start with the core of that team now Lee! Looked better with 10 men than 11. The red card did us a favour and I hope Bows will draw some conclusions from that 2nd half improvement. 

Blackpool were toilet.
  • Options
    Surprised at how direct Blackpool were. Long kick down the middle evry time.Given how dominant in the air our CBs were I thought they would change it when we went down to 10 men. I thought I'd read in the pre match that they had a lot of possession in the previous matches but couldn't create.
  • Options
    Is it safe to come on here again yet?

Didn't watch it but we can keep clean sheets.

We also don't, yet, look like scoring many either.

But early days of the new era and possibly our star player and play maker, Maddison, yet to start.

Top half, for now and a game in hand.

Up the Addicks
  • Options
    Great Win and two clean sheets,
    linesman was a total WANKER that was a perfectly 
    good Goal !!
    its early days and the potential we have is very encouraging 👍
    Come On you NEW Reds.......

Fucking Lyle who ..................😂😂😂