Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Oxford United Tuesday 27 October | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Morgan doesn't work as one of the two for Bowyer. He's either the CAM or he's out on loan.
  • Options
                                          Amos
                           Inniss Pratley Famewo
                Gunter Watson Foster-Caskey Maatsen
                                           Shinnie
                                 Bogle Washington

We won't let a goal in with that line-up, then a couple from Maddison/Williams/Morgan/Smyth can come on to try to win it in the last half hour.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Morgan doesn't work as one of the two for Bowyer. He's either the CAM or he's out on loan.
     I think he’d be alright as Pratley can drop into the back line and Shinnie is defensively disciplined.

I agree though, Bowyer won’t play him.
  • Options
    Without Doughty's pace as an outlet we'll just have to dominate possession and create chances as a team :) 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
     I think he’d be alright as Pratley can drop into the back line and Shinnie is defensively disciplined.

I agree though, Bowyer won’t play him.
    He may play him at the point of the diamond.
  • Options
    Watson was Bowyer’s marquee signing this summer, no way he’s not starting tomorrow.

I think we’ll see a revert back to Pratley, Watson and Shinnie with Bogle, Washington and Smyth. Potentially Smyth for Williams. Possibility he’ll go 3-5-2 and have Matthews at RWB so will just have Bogle and Washington up top.

Some weirdly downbeat people on here given our recent run. It will be another from the school of hard to beat, build into the game and see where it takes us. Any victory will do against a side whose position in the table belies there ability. I would take 4 from these next two.
  • Options
    My recovery will be somewhat lengthier in its duration.

After years of having my nads pummelled by defeats out of the jaws of sure fire wins, i am a damaged soul.

It has it all, we are on a high and Gobinson is back in town.

0-2 to Oxford and my bolloxs will not stop swinging till Thursday!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Please remember that this is a 7pm kick off.
    I don't know why the kick has been brought forward, this does not help commuters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doughty on the bench and Maddison to start. 1-0. Bogle.
  • Options
    masicat said:
    Doughty?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    masicat said:

Masicat may be wrong.

• Options
    form guide out the window. 

0-2 Oxford 
  • Options
    I fear Robinson's side will be fresher as they had a rest day Saturday and we may suffer a lesson at the hands of the "big School" of Oxford.
    I'm sure Bowyer will have done his homework against his old tutor but still can't see us having the knowledge to make the grade without star pupils, Doughty and Aneke.

This will be a test of our ability and we need to pass this exam.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    masicat said:
    Doughty?
    The silence around Doughty’s injury is either ominous - or LB is keeping quiet that he is fit and will be playing tonight!
  • Options
    Doughty has said himself on Instagram Story that he's going to be out for some time.

No time period defined. Am sure 8 weeks + will be mentioned today in an interview.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Please remember that this is a 7pm kick off.
    I don't know why the kick has been brought forward, this does not help commuters.
    You’ll have me crying in my porridge. There is not a lot of commuters left, it is only 30 mins earlier than a proper ‘the kick’ should be before Sky turned up, you haven’t got to get to the ground, leave early, watch it on your computer on the way home, leave early, go to a pub and watch it on your computer, stay at work and watch it on computer, that’s life, at least you have a job.
    I hope it does not come across as uncaring. But I am going to miss at least the last 15 minutes picking the wife up from the station from her commute. The fact is that no time will suit everyone.
    More importantly, will I be able to piggy back my iPad to my phone to watch the last bit of the game whilst waiting for her (probably delayed) train. Is there a way I can delay leaving the station car park to watch added time without hearing about it for the next three years?
  • Options
    This is going to be a tough one, missing Chucks & Alfie, going for a 1-1 draw.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Doughty has said himself on Instagram Story that he's going to be out for some time.

No time period defined. Am sure 8 weeks + will be mentioned today in an interview.
    The feeling seems to be that as he walked off it shouldn't be such a lengthy lay off. Hope so anyway. I guess it takes time to have scans and analyse them etc?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let the swelling settle for more accurate scan results, is usually the way. Lets see how it goes. Alfie is a player who will go in and out of form, while learning the game so it's time for somebody to stake their claim if he is out for a bit.

I do like the "player fit" we now have for 3-5-2. Hopefully we do not Charltonise the play to 5-4-1.
  • Options
    I see Alfie out as an opportunity for Morgan to come in at RM. With someone like Matthews or Gunter behind him as disciplined full backs it has potential. 

• Options
    Little bit of a bogey team for us, aren't they?  Last time we beat them was 2014 - since then 4 out of 7 have been draws and 3 wins to them.
  • Options
    At the early stages of a season, I always thought you needed games to build fitness. Oxford could argue they haven't had enough games. It works both ways. I think it will be a tight game but expect us to win it. No excuses. We can still put out a decent enough side.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Odd that they couldn't get a quote from Karl Robinson for the match preview, very ironic too
  • Options
    I know we are better equipped to deal with things,but I do wonder when our injury situation will improve,so far,Osi,Pearce,Aneke,Gilbey,Maddison, now Doughty,seems never ending
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Interesting one tonight. We haven't beaten them since 2014 (?).

They will press us high up, as every team does, and despite our wins we haven't showed we can beat the press and play our own game yet.  

Our centre back pairing face their first 'star striker' in Matty Taylor. 

Doughty will be a big miss as a counter-attacking outlet and also providing us natural width on the right.

The midfield selection will be key in this game, as will any instructions LB will give on how to collect the ball and move up the pitch. 

Can't call it. First 10 mins will be a big clue.