Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Oxford United Tuesday 27 October | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'd like to see us go for a more attacking side. 

Knobinson likes the smell of his own farts so will expect to be able play his usual stuff.

Amos
    Gunter - Inniss - Famewo - Maatsen
    Watson
    Shinnie - F.Caskey
    Williams
    Smyth - Washington

2-2 Inniss sees red and Williams somehow scores a brace.
    That's what I would start with if Bogle is in the red and JFC and Williams aren't. 
  • Options
    That team looks like a good call. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Morgan starting. He played very well against Brighton and deserves another chance.
  • Options
    No mention of Maddison on the website review, I now expect him to play at least some part tonight.
  • Options
    I reckon with Alfie and Chuks we'll lack the sharpness in front of goal to really cut them open, but don't think they'll have the teeth to damage our seemingly solid back 4. I reckon it'll be a scrappy game but think we'll still bundle one in somehow, possibly from a set-piece. 1-0 the mighty Addicks - Inniss header
  • Options
    Marcus Maddison your time is now.
    Part two of your successful League 1 career can start tonight.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Doughty has said himself on Instagram Story that he's going to be out for some time.

No time period defined. Am sure 8 weeks + will be mentioned today in an interview.

If that's right, then we'll be lucky to see Doughty much before Christmas.

• Options
    MattF said:
    clive said:
    Odd that they couldn't get a quote from Karl Robinson for the match preview, very ironic too
    Maybe he's learned to keep his mouth shut?

And pigs may fly. :smile:

• Options
    Charlton 1 Oxford 1 (Inniss for Charlton in the first half).
  • Options
    I'm still feeling stupidly confident..... another 2-0 to us. Innis to score 1 of them... Our defense is too good for them to score against imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    6-0 defeat as we discuss how shit our defence is after all.

Actual prediction an optimistic 2-1 win as our defence is breached from the spot following Innis decapitating someone. :-)
  • Options
    Hopefully, Taylor will go 3 in 7 and we win 1-0.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I'm still feeling stupidly confident..... another 2-0 to us. Innis to score 1 of them... Our defense is too good for them to score against imo
    I saw the MK Dons highlights. Oxford could have had 8. Don't underestimate them 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    AndyG said:
    I saw the MK Dons highlights. Oxford could have had 8. Don't underestimate them 
    Taylor | Winnall | Henry are damned decent options up top for them, as good as any team in this Division

Then they've got the experience of Eastwood and Mousinho in goal and midfield... they will climb the table under Robinson
  • Options
    If it is a 1-0 win with a freak goal off their keepers arse as far as I am concerned it would be a fantastic victory.
  • Options
    Wouldn’t be surprised to see Purrington start tonight 
  • Options
    I expect the nights watch of Pratley and Watson to continue to provide the shield that guards the realms of men.  If we keep a clean sheet I think we win the game.  They've shipped an average of two per game so far so even with players missing I expect we will score at least once.  1-0 the reds, Maadsen on the end of a cross field ping from Gunter.
  • Options
    Don't think we'll want to surrender the wide areas to them so can see the 433 persisting (although like the look of Daz's diamond line up and would like to see it).

Amos
       Gunter  Inniss  Famewo  Maatsen
               Shinnie Watson JFC
         Washington Bogle  Smyth

Maybe even a surprise start for Matthews on the right wing. Smyth and Matthews for a more solid hardworking outlet.

Think it'll be a "back to reality still a work in progress" 0-1 loss.
  • Options
    Another tough game, but we're on mini-run, I fancy us winning by the odd goal, 1-0 or 2-1.
  • Options
    We seem to struggle against Oxford, fancy it being a draw
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With Doughty out and no real need to play wingers now, I can see Bows playing a 352 with wing backs. Matthews and Maatsen as the wingbacks, Gunter as RCB, Famewo as LCB and Inniss in the centre
  • Options
    With Doughty out and no real need to play wingers now, I can see Bows playing a 352 with wing backs. Matthews and Maatsen as the wingbacks, Gunter as RCB, Famewo as LCB and Inniss in the centre
    I know Matthews has done a pre-season with us and was training here until Chris Gunter joined at the beginning of October - that's 4 weeks ago now.
    Has he been further training with us again, like last week before getting re-signed yesterday?

I'd be reluctant to start him straightaway, he can hardly be match fit.

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Please remember that this is a 7pm kick off.
    I don't know why the kick has been brought forward, this does not help commuters.
    You’ll have me crying in my porridge. There is not a lot of commuters left, it is only 30 mins earlier than a proper ‘the kick’ should be before Sky turned up, you haven’t got to get to the ground, leave early, watch it on your computer on the way home, leave early, go to a pub and watch it on your computer, stay at work and watch it on computer, that’s life, at least you have a job.
    I hope it does not come across as uncaring. But I am going to miss at least the last 15 minutes picking the wife up from the station from her commute. The fact is that no time will suit everyone.
    More importantly, will I be able to piggy back my iPad to my phone to watch the last bit of the game whilst waiting for her (probably delayed) train. Is there a way I can delay leaving the station car park to watch added time without hearing about it for the next three years?
    Use Valley Pass app on the phone. Alternatively, can't the Mrs wait for 15 mins? Opportunity for a nearby latte or beer or something? Apologies in advance if I have misjudged something here. 
  • Options
    With Doughty being out injured today. If Morgan doesn’t start today will this be the first Lee Bowyer starting 11 which does not have an academy player in the starting line up. 
    Unless he chucks in another academy product.
  • Options
    With Doughty being out injured today. If Morgan doesn’t start today will this be the first Lee Bowyer starting 11 which does not have an academy player in the starting line up. 
    Ever? That's fantastic if so. Wonder how many other clubs/managers can boast this record.
  • Options

Unfortunately they have either had moves up to the Championship, Premier or Scotland, are out on loan, not ready for the starting 11, injured, or have been released.

Last season academy players had to play when they were not ready. Vennings, Dempsey etc.

Morgan never seems to convince Bowyer.

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Interesting one tonight. We haven't beaten them since 2014 (?).
    Last time we beat them, Yann scored his final Charlton goals.

• Options
    Oxford are a team that can beat anybody or lose to anybody. We have to respect that as anybody includes us!
  • Options
    Our record against them gets worse in recent times and Robinson will look to get the better of Bowyer. Plus the injuries are back. But our defence looks good, 1-1, honours even.