Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth v Charlton | Saturday 31st October | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Will be a very intense and hard fought win i think, with Gunter as cover for Inniss, and Pratley midfield controller, so i see a tight game with us nicking it 1-2 Chuks & Washington
  • Options
    Well I predicted the correct score for the last two matches, so here is wisdom:

1-1
  • Options
    Think we might slip up in this one. No Inniss or Watson is a huge loss. I’d be well pleased with a point, but think Portsmouth will win 2-0. 
    this is my view, would take a draw right now and move on
  • Options
    Well I predicted the correct score for the last two matches, so here is wisdom:

1-1
    Wow! another ITK thread, source? ;)
  • Options

Wold happily see an U23/Barker at CB though, play Pratley in Midfield and reckon we could easily come away with a point, less disruption to the shape and continuity.

Would also love to see Barker given the opportunity, but not sure if Bows would risk it - maybe against a weaker side in the division but I just can't see it vs Pompey
  • Options
    1-1 Bogle for us.
  • Options
    Watson and Inniss big misses for us but Bowyer's 3 - 5 - 2 with Matthews and Maatsen as wing backs causes havoc at both ends of the pitch.

Aneke, Washington and Darren Football Genius Pratley get on the score sheet

3 - 3 draw
  • Options
    Great preview as usual FA. 
    This game will prove to be tough that's for sure. 
    But I fully expect us to continue our winning streak. 
    3.1 Charlton and this forum becomes a thing of beauty Saturday evening. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    drab, dreary,  miserable defeat,  minimum attacking threat from us and a gentle reminder it won't be a stroll in the park for us to make the top 2 
    Agree Golfie.
  • Options
    Now let's get this one right. A tester. Famewo is the key. COYR 🙏
  • Options
    I fear a defeat, but I'll go for an optimistic 1-1.
  • Options
    Would take a draw against an in-from Pompey at there place! 

Fancy us to nick it though.

1-0 Charlton

JFC.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    If we win this and Gunter plays then Iniss will be kicking himself for missing out

Its games they've played in though... So Inniss will remain undefeated until Fleetwood at the earliest 
  • Options
    I think we will lose this one 1-2. At the moment I dont think we will have enough to out score them and I think Innis will be sorely missed hence their 2 goals
  • Options
    I'll take a draw 1-1, i feel we are still getting settled and the CB being out gives us another problem.  

anything but a loss and i will remain positive we can push for top 3 rather than just settle for play offs. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    If we win this and Gunter plays then Iniss will be kicking himself for missing out

Its games they've played in though... So Inniss will remain undefeated until Fleetwood at the earliest 
    Very true, although if we win then Gunter will at least have the longer winning run
  • Options
    With 6 players out I would take a draw in this one .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we'll do just badly enough for Bowyer to skip the Manager Of The Month curse.
  • Options

ForeverAddickted said:

On the player front and whilst much has been made about Charlton's lack of a clinical Striker you can argue that Portsmouth have two at present, both Marcus Harness (more of a winger) and John Marquis (remember him!!) are on five goals for the season
    You could argue that Charlton know where the main goal threat will come from (Marquis de Sad (boo hoo) and Harness) and therefore it's easier to plan against. Do Portsmouth know where our goal threat is? We don't know where our goal threat is coming from most of the time so I'll be buggered if Pompey are going to know!

Love the enthusiasm in this post but my favourite part was where you made it sound like a positive that we don't know how we'll score goals  :D
  • Options
    Think we will win. 
    And Smyth must score!
  • Options
    Going to be a tough game, Pompey are a good side and in form themselves, but so are we, even without the players we will be without.

I expect a couple of changes in addition to the two enforced. Pratley likely to play at centre back. I can’t see Barker in the squad, against a firing Pompey, it wouldn’t make sense when we have 5 fit defenders plus Pratley.

Could Maddison get his first start? Would be fantastic if he does and plays alongside Williams, that could be interesting.

I very much doubt Bowyer will go this attacking, but I’d like to see:

Amos
    Gunter Pratley Famewo Maatsen
    F-Caskey Shinnie Williams
    Maddison Aneke Washington

Very easily adaptable to a diamond with Maddison behind the front two of Aneke and Washington as well. Forster-Caskey and Shinnie can take it in turns to be the one dropping a little deeper, with Williams able to roam and find space to hurt them. 

Bench of:
    Maynard-Brewer, Purrington, Matthews, Levitt, Morgan, Smyth, Bogle
  • Options
    If we don't go behind, we will win. :)
  • Options

ForeverAddickted said:

On the player front and whilst much has been made about Charlton's lack of a clinical Striker you can argue that Portsmouth have two at present, both Marcus Harness (more of a winger) and John Marquis (remember him!!) are on five goals for the season
    You could argue that Charlton know where the main goal threat will come from (Marquis de Sad (boo hoo) and Harness) and therefore it's easier to plan against. Do Portsmouth know where our goal threat is? We don't know where our goal threat is coming from most of the time so I'll be buggered if Pompey are going to know!

Love the enthusiasm in this post but my favourite part was where you made it sound like a positive that we don't know how we'll score goals  :D
    I wasn't querying the "how", more the "who".

We scored six goals in October, with six different goal-scorers (one of which was the famous Irish player O'Goal).

In our eight league games we've scored nine goals but only Washington has more than one.

Are we capable of scoring a goal tomorrow? Yes

Who's going to score for us tomorrow? No bloody idea.

But someone will score for us tomorrow ...
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Think we will win. 
    And Smyth must score!
    As long as it's not in the final minute we may be OK ...
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I want to see Bowyer start with Madison and Aneke, I think we should start with our perceived best 11 available. If we have a result at 70 mins then, he can look to , make subs to hold onto what we have. If we are losing then, so be it. But, fielding under strength, and then asking the better players to come on and maybe chase the game, is not the way to go. 

Would love a win 1-2 , but reality tells me we go in front, but draw 1-1.