Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth v Charlton | Saturday 31st October | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    If we're going up we need to win these games. 
  • Options
    Last time we beat Portsmouth away in leagye 1, we had 49% possession, 8 shots to there 18, and 4 on target to there 8. 

I’d gladly take that again for another 2-1 win. 
  • Options
    If we're going up we need to win these games. 
    I would like to know what game that’s not said about. 😂 

Draw for me would be fine. A win would be brilliant. Said at the start of the week that i’d be happy with four points from Oxford and Portsmouth and I’ll stick by it.

The closer we get to kick off, the more I think a 3-5-2 with Purrington, Famewo and Gunter in cb and Matthews & Maatsen wb makes sense. I just think they may be too good upfront for Pratley at cb.

Really hope Chuks is fit enough to start.
  • Options
    I can see the Purkenbauer experiment getting another dusting-off
  • Options
    For me tomorrow 3,5,2 with back 3 Gunter  Famewo Barker & Pratley in defensive midfield role Just in front . 
    Keep it tight and hit Pompey on the break . . . 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Spine of our team missing today. And a midfielder playing at CB against two very good strikers. I'd call this a free hit if ever there was one.

Won't be upset with a loss. Would be delighted with a draw or more. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    2-0. Goals given up at 45+4 and 90+7.  It will be like a trip down memory lane.

• Options
    clive said:

1905: The Preview Show | Portsmouth (a)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnEMGRScvCg
    First time that I've seen one of these, I liked it.

That @Ollywozere fella comes across well, if he works on it, I reckon that he could get some income from this type of thing. 
  • Options
    2-0. Goals given up at 45+4 and 90+7.  It will be like a trip down memory lane.

Aaah, those were the day's eh, more like 90+10 ;)
  • Options
    If there is a match I miss going to it’s this one. 
    Proper old fashioned sing-off with the Pompey fans and a battling display from us. 
    Who can forget the last 2 wins there?
    Electric. 
    Gunter has to go CB and Pratters in midfield if we are going to get anything here. 
    Thanks for the preview. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    clive said:

1905: The Preview Show | Portsmouth (a)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnEMGRScvCg
    First time that I've seen one of these, I liked it.

That @Ollywozere fella comes across well, if he works on it, I reckon that he could get some income from this type of thing. 
    I think it's a great idea, I just wish it had some original content and a bit less clips I've seen elsewhere earlier in the week. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Another difficult game, weather again going to be a factor and we're going to miss Innis. I think we will finally concede, so its a 1-1 from me.
  • Options
    Our first true test with our ‘proper’ squad. 

If we play well we won’t lose. Will be tough without Inniss, I am still to be convinced by Watson.
  • Options
    The cream is starting to rise to the top of the table now everyone is settling down after 9 games so this would have been a test for us with a full squad. Sadly with the missing players I think we will struggle.

Would bite your hand off to come away with a point but I am predicting a narrow defeat by the odd goal, 1-0, 2-1 etc. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    We have never looked anything more than above average League 1 hoofers with a good defence. 

Mad Frankis Innis is a big loss.

LB will play it very safe in his absence. 

Needs must I'm afraid Grumps.

You'll not see much tippy tappy in this league.
  • Options
    2-0 to the boys from the Valley as they set about just doing the business. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Sadly we will miss a but of steel in midfield, height in defence & pace on the wing.

2-0 Pompey 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To get Pratley in midfield I wouldn't be surprised to see something like this.

Amos
                Gunter Purrington Famewo
    Matthews                                     Maatsen
                  JFC     Pratley      Shinnie
                     Washington Bogle
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Amos
                Gunter Purrington Famewo
                     Washington Bogle
    That's the team I would pick, although I may be tempted to play 1 of the u23s if Matthews isn't match fit. 
  • Options
    Can't see us getting six in a row for this one, so I'd love to see LB going really positive and start with an attack minded side for a change.

Really hoping we see Maddison start as I can see him giving Pompey real problems at the back.
  • Options
    I think that Lee has to go with the attack minded side
    set up, as more today than ever attack is the only way
    we will be getting a result.
    Sit back and defend, will get us picked off reasonably
    easily, so go for the win is the only way today with the
    enforced absentees 
  • Options
    Our private snooper on the villains is a Pompey fan. Here’s what he wrote me just now

yes, should be an interesting contest this afternoon! we;ve seemed to have hit a rich vein of form at the moment after a torrid start to the season. Marquis is a renowned "streak" player and he's on a scoring streak now yet in the first few games he was abysmal and that's being kind. funny old game!

its a real shame Innis isnt available, reckon he would terminate Marquis. Without him I am going to expect the worst and treat this as a free hit. So long as we get back on track against Fleetwood, I’ll still be very happy with progress. i’m sure that isnt how the Lord Bow sees it, though.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Amos
                Gunter Purrington Famewo
                     Washington Bogle
    Agree with this except Purrington centre half????
  • Options
    I'm not sure what the weather is like in Portsmouth at the moment but up here in London it is torrential rain and howling wind at the moment. 

Not a game for 3 lightweights in midfield if it is like this this afternoon in Portsmouth. 
  • Options