Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth v Charlton | Saturday 31st October | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    4-4-2 diamond with Pratley at the base and Williams behind the striker?

Quiet like the look of that. 
  • Options
    I think we will concede without innis but williams will assist a few for bogle. 👍🏽👍🏽 2-3 cafc 
  • Options
    FFS!

Maddison, the only one i was truly excited to see in the front door!

Typical Charlton.
  • Options
    Given the circumstances I'm feeling really optimistic this afternoon

Be interesting to see where Pratley lines up, its either a 3-5-2 with Matthews / Maatsen on the flanks or ideally Pratley at the based of the Diamond
  • Options
    Bows says it’s nothing to do with training but it does keep happening....
    Yep, Of course Lee.
  • Options
    This injury thing is beyond a f******g joke now and needs seriously looking at.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    And Charlton will play 4 4 fucking 2
    It'll be 5-3-2 or a 4-4-2 diamond.

Pratley in the team means we can easily switch between the two.
  • Options
    4-4-2 diamond with Pratley at the base and Williams behind the striker?

Quiet like the look of that. 
    I still think with the squad we have it is the best formation for most of our players.  Especially with Doughty out. 
  • Options
    I love how everyone instantly presumes its just Charlton that ever have players injured
  • Options
    Bows says it’s nothing to do with training but it does keep happening....
    I'm no expert but we seem to get an awful lot of training ground injuries
    Are they all falling in the trench?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    And Charlton will play 4 4 fucking 2
    It'll be 5-3-2 or a 4-4-2 diamond.

Pratley in the team means we can easily switch between the two.
    Like you say the diamond is still 442 😜
  • Options
    Fucking hell Maddison is making Rowett look a first team regular...... 
  • Options
    Strong starting 11 but a weaker bench this time 
  • Options
    Smyth is a natural supersub imo
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I love how everyone instantly presumes its just Charlton that ever have players injured
     I've followed this club for over 25 years and I've never seen such a packed treatment room for such a sustained period. Something's not right.
    I have, last season, the season before etc, things aren't that bad yet ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame about Maddison, but as it was only yesterday, we would’ve been going through shape work. Means he either overstretched or got caught in a challenge. Let’s hope he’s involved on Tuesday, but next week on Saturday in the FA Cup is a great opportunity to get minutes into him.

Otherwise, I like the team and think it looks strong. It’s adaptable, and probably a 3/5 at the back when we don’t have the ball, and more of a 442 diamond with Matthews and Maatsen pushed high when we do.

Feel quite good ahead of this, and believe it or not, think we could see a couple of new Charlton goal scorers today, Bogle and Williams... we’ll see.
  • Options
    Happy that Williams has a start.....Welsh mafia 
  • Options
    Tough one to call. If we had Watson, Inniss and Doughty available then I’d back us all day long but as Pompey are flying and injuries/suspensions are building for us, I find it tough to predict this game. 

I’m hoping this is the game where Bowyer allows Maddison to start and get 60 minutes in the tank, he has to give him minutes at some point. Aneke could have come on Tuesday so he should be fine to get 60 minutes before his scheduled swap with Bogle. 

If we can maintain the same defensive rigour that’s been shown in previous games, I think we’ll have enough for all 3 points. 

Pretty much this team bar Bogle and Williams coming in for Aneke and Maddison. 

An attacking team that allows us to quickly transition between 5-3-2, 3-5-2 and 4-4-2 (diamond). In Bows we trust. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
     I've followed this club for over 25 years and I've never seen such a packed treatment room for such a sustained period. Something's not right.
    I have, last season, the season before etc, things aren't that bad yet ;)
     I'm including last season and the season before in my sustained period.
  • Options
    No match thread yet?

I'd better put one up then. :
  • Options
    Shame about Maddison, hope that we did a full medical on him before signing.
    Highly rated player suddenly signs for £2000 a week, hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    As @Sage said the other day... Is Maddison someone feeling the effects of not having proper pre-season this year
    I remember after lockdown and football resumed in Germany there were so many injuries in the first couple of weeks.

• Options
    Listening to an old pro. footballer on the radio a couple of weeks ago saying he was never injured in his whole career.
    He said years ago footballers didn't have the injury problems footballers of all clubs have today.
    It is surprising as most clubs have sports scientist, training programs and all the paraphernalia surrounding layers fitness, he said.
    Has he got a point? 
  • Options
    Haven't seen anyone say this.