Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth v Charlton | Saturday 31st October | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Tough one to call. If we had Watson, Inniss and Doughty available then I’d back us all day long but as Pompey are flying and injuries/suspensions are building for us, I find it tough to predict this game. 

I’m hoping this is the game where Bowyer allows Maddison to start and get 60 minutes in the tank, he has to give him minutes at some point. Aneke could have come on Tuesday so he should be fine to get 60 minutes before his scheduled swap with Bogle. 

If we can maintain the same defensive rigour that’s been shown in previous games, I think we’ll have enough for all 3 points. 

So try a formation we haven't tried before with players out of position... and a player returning from injury starting against one of our tougher opponents so far... 

It's certainly brave.
    We played this formation numerous times last season, it's basically a 3-2-2-1-2
  • Options
    Sod Chuks banter, what's his groin saying?!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    To get Pratley in midfield I wouldn't be surprised to see something like this.

Amos
                Gunter Purrington Famewo
    Matthews                                     Maatsen
                  JFC     Pratley      Shinnie
                     Washington Bogle
    Agree with this except Purrington centre half????
    Swap over Purrington and Famewo and a bit better
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Memories eh, certainly takes you back, and remember quite a few
    of them games, and goals, Play this video to the team before the
    match, and maybe some of it will  rub off ;)
  • Options
    I would love to be wrong but both Inniss and Watson will be missed in windy rainy conditions. 
    2-0 or 2-1 to the sailors.
  • Options
    I would love to be wrong but both Inniss and Watson will be missed in windy rainy conditions. 
    2-0 or 2-1 to the sailors.
    The strange thing about windy and rainy conditions is they impact both sides but if two of our players are banned because of what they did when there wasn’t windy and rainy conditions then missing a match when there is and the likelihood of a mistimed tackle is greater may be more favourable to us in keeping 11 players on the pitch. We’ve still got Pratters to make the opposition wary but he’s more the thinking mans type of hard tackler and he gives me the impression that even every ‘accidental’ clash has been well thought out ahead of execution 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Amos
                Gunter Purrington Famewo
                     Washington Bogle
    Purkenbauer. Is. A. Sweeper!
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Assuming he isn't on the coach after that
  • Options
    Our private snooper on the villains is a Pompey fan. Here’s what he wrote me just now

yes, should be an interesting contest this afternoon! we;ve seemed to have hit a rich vein of form at the moment after a torrid start to the season. Marquis is a renowned "streak" player and he's on a scoring streak now yet in the first few games he was abysmal and that's being kind. funny old game!

its a real shame Innis isnt available, reckon he would terminate Marquis. Without him I am going to expect the worst and treat this as a free hit. So long as we get back on track against Fleetwood, I’ll still be very happy with progress. i’m sure that isnt how the Lord Bow sees it, though.
    He'll be back.

• Options
    This game will be a bit of a bump in the road to promotion. A disappointing, but ultimately irrelevant 1-0 loss.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    More of this please.
    Hope not...be another weeks debate about wether it was offside or not...🙄😉😁...

Cmon U Addicks...👍
  • Options
    Sadly we will miss a but of steel in midfield, height in defence & pace on the wing.

2-0 Pompey 

Is that Innis's new nickname?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    You couldn't print it on here. 
  • Options
    Matthews is there going by a CAFCofficial tweet. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Love that picture of Michael Palin in the seats at Fratton Park.
  • Options
    Maddison must surely start. And we need Pratley in the Watson holding role. Over to you LB...
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Amos
                Gunter Purrington Famewo
                     Washington Bogle
    Bowyer used him there a few games ago  (Sunderland?), so I wouldn't be surprised to see him play there again given our lack of options at CB.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    At least take him out for dinner first!
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Amos
                Gunter Purrington Famewo
                     Washington Bogle
    Swap over Purrington and Famewo and a bit better
    Both left footed so could be either way around, but it was Purrington who was the the middle CB when he played there before.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And we looked pretty good! And then Bowyer changed it and we were terrible for the rest of the half lol 
  • Options
    Gunter at Centre-Back with Matthews playing Right-Back
  • Options
    Quite an attacking lineup in the circumstances! Exciting. We'll take it to them 
  • Options
    And Charlton will play 4 4 fucking 2
  • Options
    How is he injured again? Madness
  • Options
    Can we just cancel training or something 
  • Options
    FFS we will never see Maddison will we. 
  • Options
    As @Sage said the other day... Is Maddison someone feeling the effects of not having proper pre-season this year