Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth v Charlton | Post-match thread | Saturday 31st October 2020

Comments

• Options
    MattF said:
    Going to be heartbroken the next time we concede a goal
    Even if we are 5 nil up at the time?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    MattF said:
    Going to be heartbroken the next time we concede a goal
    Even if we are 5 nil up at the time?
    I'll let you know if/when that happens
  • Options
    What a win and performance. This team. This manager and Mr Sandgaard was the final piece of the puzzle. 

Love watching this team play. Hopefully, the league will take notice that we will be at the top of this division come May.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Pratley has been a new player these last two games, playing as the sweeper/pivot
     Amazing how his game has changed with some genuine quality around him.
  • Options
    I make it 657 minutes since we last conceded a goal in the league 

Absolutely fantastic!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Pratley has been a new player these last two games, playing as the sweeper/pivot
     Amazing how his game has changed with some genuine quality around him.
    Not having to be one of the progressive midfielders has helped, yes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    The Good:
    2 more goals and a clean sheet despite a makeshift defence that became even more makeshift when Famewo injured himself.

Johnny Williams scores! 

Great assist from Smyth for the second.

The Bad:
    None mattered but a couple of spills in dangerous spaces from Amos.

The Ugly:
    Maddison injured in training.

Famewo injured in the game. Looked like nothing probably the end of his season given that LONG slow stroke around the pitch.

We got away with quite a few fouls, then the ref got a bit card happy.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    What a signing Chris Gunter......solid as a rock
  • Options
    Did we win 5 games in a row when we went up in 18/19? I can't remember a run longer then 2 or 3 back then?
  • Options
    Only negative is Famewo's injury.......and that Peterborough can't stop scoring. 

PPG is a joke. Win our game in hand by 2 goals & we go 2nd. Stuff that EFL.
  • Options
    If we continue defending like this we'll go up - very impressive. 

Impressive recruitment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off topic I know but apparently Boris is about to announce a months shutdown.

Will football continue? Will be blooming typical if it doesn't given the form we are in.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Great result. Bowyer has assembled a very good  squad. Our game management also has gone up a notch. Thought Gunter was outstanding.
    2 really well work goals and well worthy of the 3 points. 
    Famewo’s injury took the gloss off a bit, hopefully won’t be out too long - but certainly didn’t look good. 
  • Options
    Was worried going into the game, but despite suffering more injuries to our defence we held strong and got another good win. Really impressive.

Now to the pub! 
  • Options
    Only negative is Famewo's injury.......and that Peterborough can't stop scoring. 

PPG is a joke. Win our game in hand by 2 goals & we go 2nd. Stuff that EFL.
    You realise that it's PPG first then goal difference to sort positions.
  • Options
    Considering the team had to be altered to cover absences of both Watson and Inniss yet another clean sheet is impressive and surely confirms our run is NOT lucky but based on a team playing as a united front.

Famewo going down is bad news for sure but given how well we've adapted to other injuries is a lot less worrying than it could have been.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    So impressed by Shinnie.

Team player, works hard, tracks back and tackles, vision and creativity, plays with maturity.

What a find. 

They must have some special talent at Luton, if he couldn't get a game there.

I think even their fans believe it was a mistake getting rid of him. 
  • Options
    We beat one of our main promotion rivals 2-0 away whilst a certain other team lose 3-0 at home. How long has it been since the last time we had such a perfect Saturday?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Great result. All of us hoped for it, but I don't think many expected it.

Amos worried me a little today.
    Positives were that he does look better and better every week at coming to collect crosses, (which is a really big positive) and he did keep another clean sheet (which is a huge positive)
    However, he had a couple of moments there where, in all honesty, he should've been punished. It was only good fortune, Portsmouth's finishing or their decision making that stopped them scoring.
    I've enjoyed Amos so far this season, but I hope he's got a couple of rickets out of his system today, thankfully at no cost.