Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth v Charlton | Post-match thread | Saturday 31st October 2020

Comments

• Options
    Professional performance, great defending gave them nothing. Get the accuracy of the passing up and there is a very decent side coming together. 
  • Options
    Fantastic three points. Gunter and Pratley different class.
  • Options
    Only negative is Famewo's injury.......and that Peterborough can't stop scoring. 

PPG is a joke. Win our game in hand by 2 goals & we go 2nd. Stuff that EFL.
    They cant stop conceding either...

What happens when their strikers go on a barren run as you cant rely on the same players to score every week, aint gonna happen
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    If we win 6-1 I will be pissed off we conceded one 
    Yeah, we'll moan like Arsenal supporters.

• Options
    Three points off top with a game in hand not good enough to go up under PPG☹️

On paper and form this was one of our hardest games since the takeover so a great result.

On to Fleetwood
    PPG?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Did we win 5 games in a row when we went up in 18/19? I can't remember a run longer then 2 or 3 back then?
    Nope... Prior to today we've only ever won four in a row under Bowyer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who's got the LB quotes? 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Completely unexpected.

Very happy. Mrs might get an extra minute tonight.
    So 90 seconds then ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Edit: same tweet as @MattF
  • Options
    Off topic I know but apparently Boris is about to announce a months shutdown.

Will football continue? Will be blooming typical if it doesn't given the form we are in.
    But will give the injured time to get fit 
  • Options
    By far the most impressive performance of the season so far when you consider the injuries. Another real team performance, not one person had a bad game. 

Fantastic to see Williams got his first goal, Gunter and Pratley were both outstanding and Shinnie and JFC showed some glimpses of combining well. 

The big worry is Famewo, that didn’t look good. Inniss back but the break is coming at a good time. 
  • Options
    Great result. All of us hoped for it, but I don't think many expected it.

Amos worried me a little today.
    Positives were that he does look better and better every week at coming to collect crosses, (which is a really big positive) and he did keep another clean sheet (which is a huge positive)
    However, he had a couple of moments there where, in all honesty, he should've been punished. It was only good fortune, Portsmouth's finishing or their decision making that stopped them scoring.
    I've enjoyed Amos so far this season, but I hope he's got a couple of rickets out of his system today, thankfully at no cost.
    Yeah, maybe but ......  it is the Third Division, with Third Division players.

And perhaps he wasn't punished - because it's the Third Division? :smile:

• Options
    Another quality win, Shinnie and Gunter were absolute class yet again. Fantastic all round performance, shame about another injury. I wonder if it has something to do with overplaying it at the back sometimes, passes going a tad astray so players are having to stretch more to reach the ball. 

Win on Tuesday then bring in the fringe players for the Fa cup and the paint pot trophy.