Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Fleetwood Town | Tuesday 3rd November 2020 | Post Match thread

Comments

• Options
    msomerton said:
    Sorry that was a poor performance from the team, to give them 60% possession is a worry. May be we are too easily bullied.
    We generally win when we have less possession & lose when we have more.
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Can’t see poor Levitt getting in this side. 
    Apart from the Cup games, I totally agree.

Crazy he has got in the side before Morgan.

In fact, I'll stick my neck out now. I reckon he could well go back to Man Utd in January.
    The only reason we might keep him is that as an U21 his wages (if we pay any) don't count towards the cap

Man U might not be happy though!
    Good points.

But, as you say, I can't see United being happy if he doesn't play. In that respect, I'd love to know whether there is a clause in the loan agreement that he has to be in the 16 if fit.
    I'm always a bit suspicious when a loan player keeps appearing on the bench but never seems to come on...

He's been in the 18 in every match, started 3, been on the bench in the other 7 matches and NEVER come on.

He's starting to look like a last resort signing, in that period before TS took over when we had no money and he was all we could bring in. Once the finance arrived, we could and would do better
    If loan players have a recall clause then we should be able to send them back on the same basis. No ifs no buts. Chelsea did it with Gallagher & I bet Man U wouldn't have any qualms recalling Levitt if he was pulling up trees come January. Works both ways. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Could Fleetwoods Evans be worth a bid in January. Hate to be completely predatory but I think Fleetwood are in quite serious financial problems according to their CEO.
    Oh hell no.
    Would rather Burns. 
    “There is no such uncertainty as a sure thing.”
    ― Robert Burns, :smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Leuth said:
    LenGlover said:
    Moo said:
    I don't see Levitt offering anything Albie doesn't or could.
    They're different players. One's an attacking midfielder and the other one's a deep-lying playmaker. Levitt gets in the side if Pratley and Watson are unavailable, or we fancy knocking it about a bit more
    I agree with that Leuth.

A further point, we've had a bit of a rebuild with so many new players coming in over the last few weeks.
    Several of those have had no pre-season or they're lacking in match practice.

Bowyer's opted for a protect the defence policy with the 2 old hands, Prats and Watson, doing lots of ugly work and using their experience. They can rotate with each other once the new people have settled in and their fitness is up to scratch;  Levitt will get games in rotation. His style of play will perhaps offer the chance to play more expansive football.

Under the embargo, Bowyer bust a gut to get Levitt, who's rated very highly not just by Bowyer himself, but by  the Man U and Wales set ups.
    Even though he's only 19, I believe we'll see Levitt get opportunities when the time is right for the team to be set up to play to his strengths.

But bearing in mind that our midfield tonight was missing JFC and Williams who both played well on Saturday, Gilbey and Maddison who have both been injured AND Pratley who was in defence, I'm struggling to see Levitt getting much of a look in, especially when we are playing fewer midweek games

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Also, on another tack.......what's the ruling with the team we need to play in the Pizza Cup ??  I know before you had to play the majority of players that played your last league game. Does that stupid rule still exist.....especially as no fans are attending (and therefore making it less of a spectacle) and that we are out of the competition already. 

And am I right in thinking that the Rochdale game will be called off due to International call ups & if so our next league game is not until the 21st. Great to be able to rest a few players & to get a few more fully fit. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also, on another tack.......what's the ruling with the team we need to play in the Pizza Cup ??  I know before you had to play the majority of players that played your last league game. Does that stupid rule still exist.....especially as no fans are attending (and therefore making it less of a spectacle) and that we are out of the competition already. 

And am I right in thinking that the Rochdale game will be called off due to International call ups & if so our next league game is not until the 21st. Great to be able to rest a few players & to get a few more fully fit. 
    Rochdale game should be off assuming the Wales caretaker manager picks our lot.

No idea on the rules on team selection for the Mickey Mouse trophy but against Brighton we played all the kids and Ben Watson so guessing it's not strict
  • Options
    MattF said:

No idea on the rules on team selection for the Mickey Mouse trophy but against Brighton we played all the kids and Ben Watson so guessing it's not strict
    The fine was pretty small anyway
  • Options
    MattF said:

The fine was pretty small anyway
    About the same as an MPs daily lunch expenses. :smile:

• Options
    Give Bowyer, League One Manager of the Month (nay Year) now. It's a formality.
  • Options
    Give Bowyer, League One Manager of the Month (nay Year) now. It's a formality.
    Noooo! What about the MOTM curse?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Moo said:
    Apart from the Cup games, I totally agree.

Crazy he has got in the side before Morgan.

In fact, I'll stick my neck out now. I reckon he could well go back to Man Utd in January.
    The only reason we might keep him is that as an U21 his wages (if we pay any) don't count towards the cap

Man U might not be happy though!
    Good points.

But, as you say, I can't see United being happy if he doesn't play. In that respect, I'd love to know whether there is a clause in the loan agreement that he has to be in the 16 if fit.
    They might not be happy that he's not playing but they'll probably be more concerned that a supposed shining light from their academy who is 20 in a couple of weeks cannot get into a league one teams midfield.

For example, compare his impact to Maatsen who is 18 months younger. I'm not completely writing Levitt off as he's still young but based on what we've seen so far i think we all know which one is more likely to have a PL career.
  • Options
    MattF said:

Almost certainly will be off.

Gunter, Matthews (possibly), Levitt, Williams plus Washington for NI. Pretty sure 3 from those 5 will get picked.
  • Options
    Fleetwood played their part in an entertaining game. I felt we outplayed them for the first 30 minutes and probably should have added to our two goal margin. The two goal cushion quickly evaporated thanks to a Ched Evans double and Bartons boys finished the half on top. We soon got back in the groove for the 2nd half with a well worked Albie Connor link up resulting in a clear penalty. We saw out the rest of the game with a defensive resilience I've seldom seen for many years. Gladly Maatsen was heavily involved as I for one thought he might have been rested after his exertions against Pompey. Not withstanding this we still created some good chances on the break. Onwards and upwards we go! Bows is building a team we can finally be proud of again.

• Options
    The table looks great :))
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me what the starting formation was?
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me what the starting formation was?
    Flat 4-4-2

Amos
    Gunter Innis Pratley Purrington
    Morgan Watson Shinnie Maatsen
         Washington Bogle