Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Fleetwood Town | Tuesday 3rd November 2020 | Post Match thread

Comments

• Options
    Sunderland beat 10 man Ipswich 2-1
    Piggott scores twice but Coppinger equalises for Doncaster (aged 39 and counting!)
  • Options
    Overall, a very good win against a team who I think will finish top 6. They have lots of experience and a couple of quality players. We let them have the ball for the majority of the second half and I was a little disappointed with us. We have some great players ourself and as I've said before, we should get better, particularly in midfield with possession. 

I thought Purrington was shaky, but their winger was quick which is probably why. Maatsen, Shinnie and Pratley were class, whilst it was probably Watson's best performance for us. Inniss is a monster but defended poorly for first goal. Bogle worked hard but just didn't look like scoring, would have been surprised if he did. Hopefully a goal does him the world of good because he needs it. Definitely doing his bit for the team though. 

Defended Washington when we signed him and pleased he's doing well. Easy finish but was in the perfect place for his first, followed up with a decent penalty. 
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Can’t see poor Levitt getting in this side. 
    I don't see Levitt offering anything Albie doesn't or could.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought it was a very high quality game for League One. Fleetwood Town played some very good football. We were, just, worth a win though it was close at times and if it had finished a draw we couldn't really have complained. I think the level of experience in the squad is giving us the upper hand. After six wins in a row I'd say we look a good bet for promotion.
  • Options
    So was it "steel sharpens steel"?
  • Options
    So was it "steel sharpens steel"?
    Rock blunts scissors?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    LenGlover said:
    Moo said:
    I don't see Levitt offering anything Albie doesn't or could.
    They're different players. One's an attacking midfielder and the other one's a deep-lying playmaker. Levitt gets in the side if Pratley and Watson are unavailable, or we fancy knocking it about a bit more
    But Levitt can't do the defensive job Pratley and Washington can do, Shinnie is our set piece king, and in terms of creative passes, is Levitt any better than Morgan?
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Good. If he steps up his effort, he will play.

I mean he'll play this weekend anyway.
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Apart from the Cup games, I totally agree.

Crazy he has got in the side before Morgan.

In fact, I'll stick my neck out now. I reckon he could well go back to Man Utd in January.
    The only reason we might keep him is that as an U21 his wages (if we pay any) don't count towards the cap

Man U might not be happy though!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah good game that. Good win against a decent team in the league. Really hope that Bogle scores soon. I like him and he works so hard. Washington done well again and very confident penalty. We're a good team again and don't appear to have any big egos getting in the way. Let's keep the run going. Squad looking strong. Just hope Famewo is not out long. Pearce will be back soon as will Gilbey & Oshie. Wonder if Maddison will get a start on Saturday? Good opportunity to give him a go. Getting over the disappointment of last season and enjoying this. Didn't think I would say that about being back in league one.
  • Options
    An exciting game against a good Fleetwood team  . Am really enjoying watching this team especially with so many players injured  . Maatsen is going to be some player , terrific attitude for a young loanee. 
  • Options
    My wife came down when we were two up and said good, you are winning. I replied, it is good as they are the best team we have played so far. Then we were 2-2. I thought their second was a foul but they caught us napping. Still, we worked our way to a hard fought victory.

They were the first team we have played that had quality and a purpose to their play and I wouldn't be surprised if they turn out to be our main challengers. One thing I don't know is their ability to withstand inevitable injuries. I doubt there is any side more able to do that than us and the proof of this is that we have been doing just that.