Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Fleetwood Town | Tuesday 3rd November 2020 | Post Match thread

Comments

• Options
    Enjoyed the game, well worth the £10. 

Best we have looked in the three games I have watched. We had enough good chances to have made that game a lot easier in my eyes, with potentially another 2-3 goals to be had with better finishing. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Could Fleetwoods Evans be worth a bid in January. Hate to be completely predatory but I think Fleetwood are in quite serious financial problems according to their CEO.
    Oh hell no.
    Would rather Burns. 
  • Options
    Another title winning performance even f we had those 2 minutes of madness. Thought Fleetwood were a good side, better than I expected.

It's going to be a sad day when Pratley retires, experience by the bucket load, he's going to be very important to us this year.

Albie still worries me a bit, his decision making and positioning still looks like a player who's played 3/4 games at times. No doubt he has ability, but fear he'll be one of those very talented players who doesn't quite have the right footballing brain.
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Can’t see poor Levitt getting in this side. 
    Apart from the Cup games, I totally agree.

Crazy he has got in the side before Morgan.

In fact, I'll stick my neck out now. I reckon he could well go back to Man Utd in January.
    The only reason we might keep him is that as an U21 his wages (if we pay any) don't count towards the cap

Man U might not be happy though!
    Good points.

But, as you say, I can't see United being happy if he doesn't play. In that respect, I'd love to know whether there is a clause in the loan agreement that he has to be in the 16 if fit.
  • Options
    Blimey this is getting exciting now 
  • Options
    Could Fleetwoods Evans be worth a bid in January. Hate to be completely predatory but I think Fleetwood are in quite serious financial problems according to their CEO.
     Not him. But I'm thinking along those lines.

If we're up there come January then all the top goal scoring strikers in the league would probably want to be on the ticket that could break their wage cap with championship football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well Evans is definitely predatory!!
    And found not guilty. Not the thread though so apologies 
    Indeed.  It was meant as a tongue in cheek comment.  Don't want to reopen that can of worms!!
  • Options
    TS wanted 4-3s - he almost got one there. I prefer the 2-0s but the fight we showed tonight was fabulous.

We’ve got a tight and winning squad, a great manager and an owner that is backing him. This can’t be Charlton.
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Apart from the Cup games, I totally agree.

Crazy he has got in the side before Morgan.

In fact, I'll stick my neck out now. I reckon he could well go back to Man Utd in January.
    The only reason we might keep him is that as an U21 his wages (if we pay any) don't count towards the cap

Man U might not be happy though!
    Good points.

But, as you say, I can't see United being happy if he doesn't play. In that respect, I'd love to know whether there is a clause in the loan agreement that he has to be in the 16 if fit.
    I'm always a bit suspicious when a loan player keeps appearing on the bench but never seems to come on...

He's been in the 18 in every match, started 3, been on the bench in the other 7 matches and NEVER come on.

He's starting to look like a last resort signing, in that period before TS took over when we had no money and he was all we could bring in. Once the finance arrived, we could and would do better
  • Options
     Not him. But I'm thinking along those lines.

If we're up there come January then all the top goal scoring strikers in the league would probably want to be on the ticket that could break their wage cap with championship football.
    Pigott...but he might be too similar to Bogle/Chuks in style?
  • Options
    Evans is a good striker but there is a reason he is not playing at a higher level. We have better and can buy better.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Evans        melt

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    CafcCrazy said:
    6 on the spin ! Get in !
    So our record since Sandgaard arrived is W6D1L1, yes? And that 1 loss was only a day or so after the takeover went through, so doesn't really count.
  • Options
    Let’s not ruin an upbeat post match thread with this question yet again. 
    Says the man who just commented on it
  • Options
    Unable to watch tonight but followed on here. 6 out of 6 no complaints from me. Onwards and upwards! 
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Thing is i can see United recalling him January if he doesn't play, would
    that be a bad thing, he seems to be struggling to get a foothold
    and Lee clearly doesn't see him as a regular in the side.
  • Options
    Moo said:
    It's a squad game these days.

Injuries, suspensions (yes Watson, I'm looking at you), tactics and formations, tiredness, player rotations ... all play their part.
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Downside to him going back would be that whatever wages we're paying him (if any) aren't counting towards the cap, and it then becomes a case of do we roll the dice for another kid who won't likely have played any senior football this season