Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Fleetwood Town | Tuesday 3rd November 2020 | Post Match thread

Comments

• Options
    6 on the spin in a league, any standard is pretty damn good, team still gelling, players still to come into the reckoning, well chuffed tonight 💪👍
  • Options
    We are going to smash this league this season I'm telling ya.
    You got some front.
  • Options
    Ok, clean sheet record gone, but we won....!
    Fleetwood, hard to tell whether they or Donny are best we have played this season. Think Fleetwood just nicked it..... 

Fantastic result....... GET IN THERE.... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We were dangerous when attacking and bogle worked hard, but could’ve done better in some situations. Purrington good header, Washington worked hard, Morgan, excellent run and 1-2 for the pen and smart finish. Innis lost his runner for the first conceded goal and couldn’t see the ball float past him. Watson did well, would like to have seen him on the ball more. Maatsen was superb. They did pass well and forced us the defend deep for long periods and we soaked up the pressure well. I wish we wouldn’t do that. I thought they all did pretty well actually, just needed to win the ball more and relieve the pressure at times for my nerves. Nice to beat a few nasty blokes in the Fleetwood team.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Thought Albie looked really good when he did have the ball in the attacking third as well - made some very intelligent passes.
  • Options
    Fleetwood will be up there this season, reckon they'll nick a playoff spot... Played some lovely stuff and we're also tough when needed. Impressed by them. We don't half grind out games though, we will get top 2 this season... Other than 5 minutes of madness they didn't look like scoring from all their good play
  • Options
    What a win! I didn’t watch the game due to being away at work, but it’s made for a cracking start to my day! Can’t wait to watch the highlights. COYR’s! 
  • Options
    Not sure if i've managed to miss it anywhere but do we know how bad Famewo's injury is yet? Lets play the Under 23s in the FA Cup and rest everyone up
  • Options
    Not sure if i've managed to miss it anywhere but do we know how bad Famewo's injury is yet? Lets play the Under 23s in the FA Cup and rest everyone up
    Won't know for a couple of days
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    The scoreline is misleading. Today was a fight and we won the fight. Simple as that. Maatsen showed real toughness as well as immense skill. Amazing to have a player like this at this level. Shinnie and Aneke are also very much Too Good For This League. Pratley's renaissance shows no sign of ending
    Although Gunter might be the one who's really just playing completely below his level. He could do League One in a bathrobe
    Bathrobe?

You’ve forgotten the smoking jacket Leuth.
  • Options
    Not a wake-up call as such, but a good reminder that there are decent teams in League One. But the way we recovered from conceding two goals in quick succession was superb. Maatsen my MoM but Gunter, Morgan, Pratley and Washington all get honourable mentions. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Fleetwood will be up there this season, reckon they'll nick a playoff spot... Played some lovely stuff and we're also tough when needed. Impressed by them. We don't half grind out games though, we will get top 2 this season... Other than 5 minutes of madness they didn't look like scoring from all their good play
    Wouldn't want to finish third and play them in the semis. It would be like Doncaster again.

I'm confident that we will finish top two however, not that it will be easy as tonight proved.

That was the best game of football we've seen this season. The consolation of letting in those two goals was that it made it 'interesting'. I think that statement shows how superior we've been to the opposition in the other games, and I count Portsmouth in that. I think the break from the league comes at the right time for us.