Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Plymouth (FA Cup R1) | Saturday 7th November 2020 | Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Inniss really wants to thump everything into Row Z, which I really do admire, but today wasn't the day for it. Ah well. We'll see the real Ryan when we're next in a game that has anything riding on it ;)
  • Options
    when we went out to middlesborough up there in the quarters was the last time we put everything into it  
  • Options
    15 years maybe 
  • Options
    It was good to see some of the youngsters and three really impressed AMB , Barker and Vennings . Williams and Aneke were grim . 
  • Options
    Don’t really care about result, but I thought our midfield was poor today bit of an imbalance and no real height or aggression. Really don’t think in a league game Bowyer would have played them all together.

Barker is a real prospect that we must try to hold onto.
  • Options
    Before the match I thought our squad looked a bit thin up front, with Bogle rested and Washington on the bench, not helped by Smyth being out injured. Today's performance rather reinforced that for me, Aneke looked isolated, and while Washington was much better we really needed someone else up front alongside him
  • Options
    Dont understand Levitt being singled out,he was no worse than some others.It was clear a few of our guys lacked match fitness,where as they played a full strength side.Would expect a few of them will play a bit on tuesday tp jog them along a bit.No injuries or suspensions,so we move on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whilst I never want us to lose, I really don't mind the result. Gave game time to some of those not first choice and those coming back from injuries, no red cards and no new injuries.

After last year's injury problems and the league is the priority. With international breaks causing more fixture list in a shortened season, I'm happy to avoid any further fixtures.

Don't mind who plays on Tuesday with any players who need game time 
  • Options
    Bothered.......... 
  • Options
    at the least some of the bench warmers had a run out .. 
  • Options
    at the least some of the bench warmers had a run out .. 
  • Options
    Glad we are out of a redundant competition without injuries but had hoped that we would be a bit more effective given the relatively strong lineup we fielded. 
  • Options
    Even if we win the league, today is a stain on our season IMHO. The FA Cup is still magic!
  • Options
    Overall the youngsters were let down by the older ones. Thought all of the youngsters did well or at least ok. Levitt struggled physically early on but got better 2nd half and the other younger ones were better than that.

Disappointed with Inniss, Aneke and Williams. Disappointed up to a point with Matthews and Purrington who offered very little decent width in attack (although Matthews did his defensive stuff pretty well TBF). JFC huffed but the midfield blend wasn't right and he struggled.

Yes, good to get minutes into Maddison, Matthews, Aneke etc etc. But not great when Williams gets a rare 90 and produces so little and Aneke was only effective for about 20 mins at the start.

Plymouth had a couple of late scares but were worthy winners...probably more for their 1st half performance when they closed us brilliantly with their front trio.
  • Options
    Didn't watch the live stream so only going by what has been said on here & my own thoughts.......

Might have been better to have saved the wages on Levitt as Morgan & Vennings are just as good (if not better). Wages then could have been spent on a striker as that is going to be our downfall this season. Playing with just 1 up front rarely works for us & only had Washington on the bench. Btw, Davison scored for Woking so at least one of our strikers knows what's it like to score in the FA Cup.

And counting cup games that's 18 games since Boxing Day that we've failed to win once we've gone behind. Sobering thought when we are light up front.
    Levitt's wages don't count to the cap as he is an u21....
  • Options
    Like Ive said before, literally the worst season to have a cup run, would have been heartbreaking watching a legendary run to a Wembley semi final on telly in an empty ground.
  • Options
    Shame to loose our unbeaten run, still on in the league
    and guess what Ipswich loosing again 2-3, so 28Th still on ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Camera looked a very good player for them. Was a youth player at Barnsley, before going to Dulwich, then Crawley and now Plymouth, so gradually moving south!
  • Options
    If we get out of the division at the end of the season this game will be long forgotten.
    If I get a beer out of the fridge in a minute, this game will be forgotten.

I hate seeing fans make comments about not caring about the cup, but it's really hard putting up an argument why anyone should care when our manager doesn't care. Not caring is a self-defence mechanism to save from the inevitable disappointment.
  • Options
    Only disappointing was Levitt didn't put in the performance I was hoping for, got hopefully another chance on Tuesday in the Pizza Hut trophy. Will be very surprised if he's still here by close of business on January 1st.

Other than that, pretty happy. The FA cup has no benefit for league one sides, more so without fans. The u23s did themselves proud, and we got a good look at Plymouth in advance of boxing day.
  • Options
    Camera looked a very good player for them. Was a youth player at Barnsley, before going to Dulwich, then Crawley and now Plymouth, so gradually moving south!
    He'll be in France soon!
  • Options
    Bromley concede in added on time in extra time...
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    He'll be in France soon!
    Guernsey first.....

• Options
    Didn't really matter but always disappointing to not put in a decent performance regardless. Positives were Barker and Vennings. He looks good and could be putting pressure on other midfielders now to at least make the bench. Focus on the league as they say. 
  • Options
    Oh well, game on 28th finished Ipswich 2-3 Portsmouth ;)