Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Plymouth (FA Cup R1) | Saturday 7th November 2020 | Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Shinnie and Smyth rested or not allowed permission to play by their clubs?
  • Options
    Shinnie and Smyth rested or not allowed permission to play by their clubs?
    Both I reckon.
  • Options
    Bows is gonna ruffle a few stuffed shirts, canope's will choke and champagne will be spat across St Georges Park...
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer: he really is the man.
    I just love him. Say it like it is.

I have dreams of him storming into an EFL meeting (dressed as Marie Antoinette - outtake bonus material for the DVD) and shoving cake into their stupid greedy gobs shouting 'how much of it can you take you bastards' until they all choke on it.

Lee, Lee - Lee Bowyer!

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    DOUCHER said:
    when we went out to middlesborough up there in the quarters was the last time we put everything into it  
    Under Powell in the Championship when we went to Sheffield United in the Quarters?
    Lost 4-2 in a 6th round replay at the Riverside in 2006 when we were in rhe Prem free coaches laid on IIRC.
    One of the coaches has still not arrived back.
  • Options

Bootlegger of Wrexham is a very strange man. 
  • Options
    Booo 19 year old child isn’t the finished product booooo
  • Options

It's a trophy and it used to mean something.
    I get it, but a bit sad.  :'(
  • Options
    edited November 2020

I suspect you don’t realise he’s not talking about the FA Cup there, by the way @Six-a-bag-of-nuts
    He’s talking about the other one, that we play in on Tuesday. The one nobody has ever cared about.
  • Options

I suspect you don’t realise he’s not talking about the FA Cup there, by the way @Six-a-bag-of-nuts
    He’s talking about the other one, that we play in on Tuesday. The one nobody has ever cared about.
    Fair enough mate. In that case I agree  :D
    It's wine o'clock in the Nuts house :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lee Bowyer: he really is the man.
    I just love him. Say it like it is.

I have dreams of him storming into an EFL meeting (dressed as Marie Antoinette - outtake bonus material for the DVD) and shoving cake into their stupid greedy gobs shouting 'how much of it can you take you bastards' until they all choke on it.

Lee, Lee - Lee Bowyer!

You feeling alright there mate. Sun gone to your 'ed ?
  • Options
    The papas used Johnny trophy should be scrapped every season we are in the 3rd tier , shameful crap 

Thought we looked lame in the bits I saw whilst drifting in and out of consciousness.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    no chance to get hammered by palaces first or u12 team in either of the cups , result 

edit : they’re u12s prolly not in that pizza shit trophy cos they’re too embarrassed by it as well 
  • Options
    I assume the team for Tuesday is going to be Maddison plus the U23s then?

Do any other first team squad players need a run out?
  • Options
    I assume the team for Tuesday is going to be Maddison plus the U23s then?

Do any other first team squad players need a run out?
    Bowyer's said Pearce may be one to get a run out
  • Options
    I thought the team we fielded yesterday should have been good enough to win that game. Whilst I am not bothered really, it feels like a missed opportunity.
  • Options
    A rare treat, listened to live commentary thanks to BBC Radio Devon.

The commentary team started off by saying this was the glamour tie of the round and bigged us up muchly. 

As the game progressed they thought that we looked a team of individuals with Maddison being a great player but he was totally disinterested in defending when we were not in possession. This largely allowed Argyle to boss midfield. 

They also said that Argyle played much better as a unit. Not surprising really considering the number of changes we made. They weren't impressed with Maynard-Brewer btw. 

At the end they did say that we have a tremendous squad and Charlton fans should look forward to promotion this season. 
  • Options

I don’t think the viewing figures for Tuesday nights game are going to be to healthy either, 10 quid you’re having a laugh!
  • Options
    I always disagree with the attitude that we could do without the FA Cup. We should have won yesterday and then look forward to continuing to win games. Not worth keep saying we get players injured, it’s bloody training where our players get injured. Extra competitive games give the management team a chance to try something new, or bring a player back to fitness. I’m talking about FA and League Cups, not the Mickey Mouse cups.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    when we went out to middlesborough up there in the quarters was the last time we put everything into it  
    Under Powell in the Championship when we went to Sheffield United in the Quarters?
    good point - 10 years then
    2013/14.
    alright - 6 years then - any advances on 6 ???!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Disappointed by the reaction of the majority on here & Bowyer himself to going out of the FA cup. It's still a great competition to me.

A tin pot trophy game on Tuesday & no game next Saturday, so I don't buy the fixture pile up excuse.

A missed opportunity. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I was concerned that Plymouth put out the same side as in their last game. Whilst our starting line up was strong enough, we lacked the fluidity and shape trying to fit players in. 

Positives, and there were some, Maddison and Aneke got good minutes, Maynard Brewer showed he is good back up to Amos, Barker looks the real deal and Vennings showing why Bowyer rates him. Also Matthews looked decent.

I'm not unhappy overall. The biggest disapointment for me was I was hoping Morgan continued his form and confidence. 
  • Options
    They weren't impressed with Maynard-Brewer btw. 

In the very little I saw falling in and out of sleep , his handling wasn’t the greatest ,  fumbled one early on then when he charged out mishandled and kicked it away cleverly as he’d knocked it out the box .
    I’ll watch Tuesdays game again for a better look 

*for the couchy tunts amongst us I’m not writing him off , just a view on the limited I saw yesterday which seemed in line with BBC Radio Devons view .
  • Options
    midfield 3 of levitt, morgan and jfc too similar and were anonymous (needed a pratley type!!! laughy thing), williams should be playing in the middle of the park, not out wide, chucks started well then got frustrated - bowyer used it as a reserve game which i understand but find sad. totally agree re the piss pot thing on tuesday but a bit sick of the same attitude towards the fa cup.
  • Options
    Disappointed to say the least...Add to the fact my boss is an Argyle fan and i will get shit Monday afternoon when on shift with him.

That team was good enough to get a positive result, Bowyers negative comments after the game doesn't help either as much as i think he is great.

Only saving grace was i would have been one of the few thousand who would have gone along if this nonsense wasnt stopping us.
  • Options
    Disappointed by the reaction of the majority on here & Bowyer himself to going out of the FA cup. It's still a great competition to me.

A tin pot trophy game on Tuesday & no game next Saturday, so I don't buy the fixture pile up excuse.

A missed opportunity. 
    Had we stayed in the FA Cup then from the Gillingham game we'd have had one midweek off until the end of the calendar year, we saw last season the strain that put on the players and was a contributing factor to injures... This year would probably be worse seeing the players didnt have a pre-season and if you take into considering the recent injuries to Famewo and Doughty its already happening again and you run the risk of it happening to further players, injuries you cant really blame on the Medical team as they're not cases in their care.

As for no game next Saturday I cant see that not being the case, those still at Sparrows Lane will still surely play some form of game against each other, it wont have the competitive edge that Rochdale would have provided but bet there will still be a level of competition with players wanting to prove themselves for Bowyer's next selection, especially as no one really did that yesterday
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Just listened to Lee's post match interview on Valley Pass, he certainly wasn't holding back about the papa johns tin pot cup games, or the fact that some of his players now have to play 3 games in 10 days during the international break. He was defo disappointed with the overall performance and said players didnt impress him to put them into the next league game, but gave Maddison some leeway as it was his first game for a long time and he was 'rusty'. I read on one of the FB groups that apparently there was a changing room bust-up between Lee and Maddison, but I've not seen it reported anywhere else, has anyone got any info on it, or is it BS again?  
  • Options
    Sounds like it's BS. 
  • Options
    Just listened to Lee's post match interview on Valley Pass, he certainly wasn't holding back about the papa johns tin pot cup games, or the fact that some of his players now have to play 3 games in 10 days during the international break. He was defo disappointed with the overall performance and said players didnt impress him to put them into the next league game, but gave Maddison some leeway as it was his first game for a long time and he was 'rusty'. I read on one of the FB groups that apparently there was a changing room bust-up between Lee and Maddison, but I've not seen it reported anywhere else, has anyone got any info on it, or is it BS again?  
    Louis Mendez has already confirmed it as bullshit 
  • Options
    Maynard-Brewer: fine performance 
    Matthews: decent 
    Barker: impressive 
    Inniss: ball at his feet with time to spare he turns into a donkey
    Purrington: lacked cover from the lightweight low impact midfield 
    Forster-Caskey: petulant stupidity should have got a red
    Morgan: best of a poor midfield 
    Levitt: won’t be getting in the starting lineup for a while on this evidence 
    Williams: jogged about to no discernible effect
    Aneke: fluffed his lines early on then sulked - berk
    Maddison: played like it was the MM show but he hadn’t bothered to learn the script- berk
    Washington:  immediate impact from a proper pro 
    Vennings: decent 
    Referee: decent apart from letting off JFC which was bizarre