Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diego Maradona dies aged 60

Comments

• Options
    Fuck him 
    Horrible England hating little cheating drug addict .

If I offend anyone with this post 

Tough 
    My parents always said if you can’t say something nice say nothing at all.
  • Options
    Jints said:
    Imagine my Scottish family will be upset with this news. Absolutely loved north of the border. 

Anyone ever see get to see him play in the flesh?
    I saw him at the San Siro in the opening game of Italia 1990, the loss to Cameroon. Some appalling flying tackles by the latter, much worse than the hand of god in terms of cheating but that didn't stop me cheering Cameroonians until I was hoarse. 

Amazing footballer, I don't think I've ever seen anyone with his balance. 
    Its amazing how some non Charlton/England games stick in your memory. I remember watching that game, some of the tackles by Cameroon were bordering on assault 😄 i can still remember that tackle or tackles on Cannigia vividly.

RIP 
  • Options
    Quote - Contradict - Repeat
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Fuck him 
    Horrible England hating little cheating drug addict cunt.

Tough 
    Exactly what I expected from you.
    Glad I  never disappointed you.

Any fucker that hates England Will always be supported by a prick  like you.
    You really have anger issues don't you and a rare gift for language. .

You really hate England Don't you.
    And not ashamed to show it
    ???? Okay I give up. Your personal abuse gets a bit tiring.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.
  • Options
    For clarification, do you hate England?
    Why would I hate England?
  • Options
    Fuck him 

Tough 
    My parents always said if you can’t say something nice say nothing at all.
    I’m saying nothing.
  • Options
    Apologies just caught up. Thought that was a question to me as I mentioned England 
  • Options
    No. Do you hate it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fuck him 

Tough 
    Your glad someone is dead because he scored a goal with his hand against England. I’d get back on the medication if I were you in case someone nicks your parking space.
  • Options
    No. Do you hate it?
    No, I’m just trying to work out what the beefs about. Do you dislike the England football national team?
  • Options
    No. Do you hate it?
    No, I’m just trying to work out what the beefs about. Do you dislike the England football national team?
    I've never said anything about a dislike. I have no idea what @blackpool72 is rambling on about so maybe you could ask him?

• Options
    I thought you had bid me goodnight. 
    Anyway life's too short.
    Have a good evening 
  • Options
    Anyway life's too short.
    Have a good evening 
    I had bid you goodnight. I was just trying to explain something to @ValleyGary.

Peace and love.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options

I think Maradona will always be in the pantomime villain role as far as most England fans are concerned. The bloke comes over as though he’s always been a Marmite type character to anyone, let alone if he scored the winning goal against your nation with his hand to knock em out the World Cup.

He was undoubtedly a brilliant footballer and he certainly seemed to have lived his best life to the end. So, yeah RIP, but I’ll still reserve the right, as an Englishman and England football supporter, to dislike him as a player and a cheat

The wise words of our top moderater. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greatest to ever kick a ball

could watch videos of him all day, the famous clip that’s always on twitter of him warming up is superb 

He single handedly turned good/average teams into great ones and winners 
  • Options
    edited November 2020

I think Maradona will always be in the pantomime villain role as far as most England fans are concerned. The bloke comes over as though he’s always been a Marmite type character to anyone, let alone if he scored the winning goal against your nation with his hand to knock em out the World Cup.

He was undoubtedly a brilliant footballer and he certainly seemed to have lived his best life to the end. So, yeah RIP, but I’ll still reserve the right, as an Englishman and England football supporter, to dislike him as a player and a cheat

A genuine question. How would you feel if an English player had done this in the same game and got away with it?
  • Options

A genuine question. How would you feel if an English player had done this in the same game and got away with it?
    I genuinely wouldn't have been happy
    Neither would I. I'm no fan of cheating but the game has always had it. I remember feeling really p***ed off with Thierry Henry in the Ireland playoff game. 

• Options
    One thing is for sure. You can't have an argument (sorry discussion) as to who is the greatest footballer ever without his name cropping up.
  • Options
    RIP to one of the all time greats - what a bonkers life he had.
  • Options
    One thing is for sure. You can't have an argument (sorry discussion) as to who is the greatest footballer ever without his name cropping up.
    Agreed. Would have been interesting to see him play in a modern setting- defenders couldn't have roughed him up as much.
  • Options
    One of the most iconic football photos.

It’s a brilliant pic and absolutely sums up Maradona playing to a tee.

But I’ve always suspected the origin of the photo was a short free kick played right to Maradona, causing the (Belgium?) wall to break up.

anyone know?
    Definitely Belgium.  Not really thought about how those players came to be in that position, but your free kick explanation sounds highly plausible to me. No-one, not even Maradona, ever had six men marking them. To do so would mean there were five players running around unmarked, that would be football suicide.
  • Options
    Anyway life's too short.
    Have a good evening 
    Especially if you are @ElfsborgAddick