Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Milton Keynes | Wednesday 2nd December 2020

edited December 2020 in General Charlton
It wasn’t to be tonight. WIth fans back at the Valley, it would have been nice to have a performance to match the enthusiasm, but MKDons were enough to take the three points.

I don’t think we were as bad as the match thread suggests, but we certainly have a lot of room for improvement based on tonight’s showing. On another night, one of Prattley’s chances would have gone in and we’d have salvaged a bit of dignity.

I think we would have benefitted with starting Chuks and getting off to a better start.

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    1 shot on target says it all 
  • Options
    Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our players spent the night Social distancing.  Rubbish in defence, rubbish in midfield and rubbish in attack.  What do we work on all week in training?

Can only get better than that (although I said that after Gills and Burton).
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Another deeply unpleasant "night in" courtesy of the Addicks
  • Options
    One step forward, ten steps backward 
  • Options
    Burton 2.0
  • Options
    Why do we struggle against the lower sides but handle our promotion rivals easily. Is it all just team setup? Surely it can't be a simple thing can it?
  • Options
    Outplayed for the second time in a week by a team from the bottom of the table. Without Chuks starting we had no goal threat. Ironically the last 20 minutes with Chuks on we looked the better side  and that is when they scored. But reslly we deserved nothing from the game. Only bright spot , it was Maddison's best performance for us. Onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    Terrible result.. wonder how the ticket takeup will go next home game
    after that performance,  :/
  • Options
    Our players spent the night Social distancing.  Rubbish in defence, rubbish in midfield and rubbish in attack.  What do we work on all week in training?

Can only get better than that (although I said that after Gills and Burton).
    Could stay the same really
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @CroydonMate, his inability to go forwards is ridiculous. Right at the end, either cross it or play it back, he hesitates and loses the ball.

His primary job is that of a defender though, he's no different to Gunter who wont advance forward very often, certainly wouldn't have him as a Wing-Back... Regardless though, for all his "inability to go forward" he was still one of the few who didnt put a foot wrong whenever MK Dons had the ball, so did his primary job!!
  • Options
    No midfield. MKD deserved 1-0 or better, we were shite
  • Options
    I think that it was as bad as the match thread suggested. 
    Shrewsbury, apparently the only team without a home win this season. I wonder what is going to happen on Saturday!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    20 games and counting. If we concede first you might as well pack up & go home.
  • Options
    Could have been 4. We were completely outplayed. Unacceptable performance for the first match with fans back
  • Options
    That was so crap 
  • Options
    Burton 2.0
    What because we lost to a team towards the bottom of the table?

I ask because I didnt see us gifting MK Dons any goals like the ones we conceded @ Burton