Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Milton Keynes | Wednesday 2nd December 2020

Comments

• Options
    We struggled all night with our midfield non existent at times . Could have been worse if it wasn't for Amos . We need a player like Fraser  , someone who can run with the ball and can link up with the strikers . 
  • Options
    Maddison, gotta be better at fifa than he is football?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Apparently there was booing after the game. Yes we were shit but christ that's moronic.
    To be honest if I'd been sitting in the cold since 6pm tonight and then had to sit through 90 minutes of that rubbish, I'd be booing.
  • Options
    Piss poor from start to finish. Deserved nothing from the game, MK the best team I’ve seen us play this season. 
  • Options
    Scoring goals has been our problem since day 1. 

We need to be set-up in a way to create more chances in games. 
    Its only the third game this season we've not scored

I dont like to admit it but Golfie is right to an extent when he says it whenever we go a goal down... the evening is almost over because we just cant seem to get back into it, its the biggest thing we need to learn to do as the heads just drop completely

Thankfully I like to think that our run of not coming from behind has to end eventually
  • Options
    totally embarrassing from start to finish. We were outplayed in every dept. Our midfield run in treacle. 

MM the only player who created anything when he came on

we watched them take the same goal kick about 6 times without doing anything, was bordering on laughable.

as for the experience, don’t think I’ll rush back until it’s a bit more normal. No beer/fun, it’s just not the same for me I’m afraid, fella behind me constantly moaned at my mate for leaning forward too near him which he wasn’t (thought my mate was gonna clump him). He didn’t but he walked out after half an hour before he did something he’d regret

shit night and shit experience all round 
  • Options
    If the players had put as much effort in as the staff who got the crowd in, in such short notice we would have pissed it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We struggled all night with our midfield non existent at times . Could have been worse if it wasn't for Amos . We need a player like Fraser  , someone who can run with the ball and can link up with the strikers . 
    We have Albie Morgan, Williams, Gilby, Maddison who can all do that. We don't play that way though.

We play a really rigid game to make opposition teams commit and then for us to get them on the counter.

Its why we never do well against teams who sit back and let us have possession - or against teams like MK Dons who have great movement and can easily break our lines. 
  • Options
    Bowyer slamming the fans in SLP. 
  • Options
    Two games purchased (Burton and tonight’s game), two shit performances!

Safe to say I won’t be rushing to pay and watch another game anytime soon!
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Bowyer threw the dice by going for more attacking players in the second half and we started to create half chances but MK Dons are one of the best passing teams in the division despite their lowly position.

Amos and Purrington despite one mistake each our best players. Maddison put the ball in the danger area 4 times but no one got on the end. Shame his 2nd touch was poor when he was on the edge of box.

I nearly got 1-1 that I predicted in the preview But it would've been a mugging. 
    Morgan, Washington and Pratley should have all done better with chances.

In 3 of the last 4 matches since the break we haven't looked a top 6 side.   
    This is a mediocre League 1 this season and we can be as mediocre as anyone.

Blimey, this is going to be a grind.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    We need our centre backs back. With them we were unbeaten in eight and won six consecutive games. We've now lost two in three. 🤔
  • Options
    Amos kept us in the game. Fraser for them dominated the game. We should buy him in January 
    Why does this deserve a lol? I thought the reason we got Gilbey was because they are struggling financially. He was direct, quick and caused us problems. Now we have a decent owner, he is exactly the sort of player we need 
  • Options
    Well tonight showed that Burton was not a one off.

After nearly a third of the season the one positive I think is that in this division anybody can beat anybody else and a team's destiny will rest on who has the leaast number of off days.

Amos kept us in it and we could have gone down by three and it wouldn't have been unjust.

Too many of our players are one paced and our build up is painfully slow. We hardly turned their defence at all and barely worked their goalkeeper either. They were distinctly shaky at the back but we didn't and couldn't exploit it.

I feel worse about this one than Burton. Our shortcomings were evident tonight and we missed Shinnie. Hopefully his injury is not too serious and we will see more of him before he is recalled in January.

Bowyer must be tearing his hair out after that.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    We missed the creativity of Morgan and Shinnie when they were subbed off. And I seriously think we need to give up with Bogle, the guy is not a footballer.

Be interesting to see how "Boglie" he would do with Maddison crosses - can only be better than Chucks!
  • Options
    I think Pratley has shown he can play there next to a good centre half. Gunter as a centre half - it has to be pointed he isn't one- doesn't pick up his man, wins absolutely nothing and has a dodgy pass in him. You can get away with it sometimes.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    We need our centre backs back. With them we were unbeaten in 8 and won six consecutive games. We've now lost 2 in 3. 🤔
    We certainly need Inniss back, gives the opposition something to worry about at set pieces

Even if we dont use him
  • Options
    Knew we'd lose.

Disappointed I was right. Hope Bowyer gives em what for.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    I have an infinite amount of respect for Bowyer.

That being said, those comments are an insult to any fan that turned up tonight.

You cannot defend that, admit you got it wrong and stop looking for excuses when we lose.

EDIT: Just seen he’s had a pop at the fans too. Oh dear.

What's he said then?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Apparently there was booing after the game. Yes we were shit but christ that's moronic.
    To be honest if I'd been sitting in the cold since 6pm tonight and then had to sit through 90 minutes of that rubbish, I'd be booing.
    Really? I'd save booing for players who clearly don't care and who aren't putting effort in. This group don't fall into that category. You must've done a lot of booing in your time if it was for every time we'd played shit. 
  • Options
    You can lose 12 games in this shocking division and still go up automatically.
    Do not despair folks.
    Yeah but we're running out of games that we can afford to lose

The only good thing is at least we're not wasting any draws like Sunderland etc.