Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match thread: Charlton v AFC Wimbledon | Sat 12 Dec 2020

Comments

• Options
    Can't argue with any of that. Big home win to arrest some difficult form, five different goalscorers, and all in front of Sandgaard. Who did the tunnel jump? Tom Allen?
  • Options
    Hard to excited after that first half performance.
    So the second half didn't get you going then? I suppose 4 goals weren't enough 
  • Options
    Good second half performance, start Williams, Maddison, Aneke and Washington most games and we will win most games, special mention to Gunter - if he didn't clear the shot of the line and they went 1 up we would have lost that game.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    First time since 18-19 that the diamond has worked to perfection. Most entertaining match I've watched in ages! 
    Commentary seemed to suggest that we went to a 3-5-2 second half?
    If they did I didn't notice, I never usually pay attention to the formation. But whatever we did in the 2nd half should be Bows new norm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would have Gunter in contention for MOTM, he was fantastic - the freedom it gives us to have guys like him when we're attacking is huge. I can imagine the players absolutely loving having Chukz in the team, he's brilliant.

Let's make it back to back wins!

• Options
    We had 5 bad mins and absolutely battered them 2nd half.  Unless you have just wooshed me 
    Maybe just a little bit.
  • Options
    As I said during the game, the notion that Matthews is a more attacking right-back than Gunter is absolutely insane. How often does Matthews get to the byline? 
  • Options
    Great 2nd half. Really enjoyed that.
  • Options
    Brilliant from top to bottom

Brilliant TV package...light years better than ifollow and no poxy just eat ads

Good start and best early performance for weeks and faltered with a couple of silly lapses.

Great turnaround from Bowyer.  Great stand up and be counted second half by all of the players

Anneke and Williams turned the game and fair play to Johnny for such a robust response to last week's talking point.  Bowyer got that out of him and he had it in him to be found so remarkable character from the Welsh wizard.

Maddison is great and if the fans give him a chance and warm to him we have a great player there.

Throw Innis and Famewo into that team and we definitely have a promotion team in there.

Bogle works his socks of and did well today, Maatsen was off the boil again with some schoolboy errors but then got his game together second half and was class.

The sort of performance that should really pull the team together in spirit and grit after the misery and supposed fractures last week.

In Bowyer we should trust and so pleased that Sandgaard was there to see it all.  From early showings he is potentially a great owner for us.

Sitting here this evening and a work in progress with the foundations only being laid now but the most positive I have felt about our future for a decade.

We are in a great position and need to just pull together and build on this collectively the next few years and we'll see very good times again.

Come on you addicks!

Great post and fully agree with your LB & JW comment 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great to know that we are capable of being a great offensive side; hopefully this is a corner turned.

Great to do it in front of Tommy and some fans.  Really pleased for lots of the players, but especially Maddison and Jonny.

Hopefully this can be the blueprint for how we approach the rest of the season!
  • Options
    Defensively we still look fragile especially to high balls but so much better than previously, played on the front foot and took the chances.

Lee "knows nothing/lost the dressing room/should be sacked" Bowyer seems to have learnt so much about football in just one week  :D

The subs really impacted.  Well done Lee.  And pushing the full back forward gave us the width we've lacked in recent games

MOM Gunter

JFC did a lot of work that will go unnoticed by a few, got the important goal, Maddison looked better without really sparking, Aneke such an improvement on Bogle.  Will work well with Ronnie.

Still a long way to go but we're in the top six and very close to the top two and with Innis, Famewo, Morgan, Smyth and others to return.

Lee Bowyer's Red and White Army

Big fat yes!! Love it
  • Options
    We just won 5-2 and people are giving some of our better players 6's and 7's?
  • Options
    Defensively we still look fragile especially to high balls but so much better than previously, played on the front foot and took the chances.

Lee "knows nothing/lost the dressing room/should be sacked" Bowyer seems to have learnt so much about football in just one week  :D

The subs really impacted.  Well done Lee.  And pushing the full back forward gave us the width we've lacked in recent games

MOM Gunter

JFC did a lot of work that will go unnoticed by a few, got the important goal, Maddison looked better without really sparking, Aneke such an improvement on Bogle.  Will work well with Ronnie.

Still a long way to go but we're in the top six and very close to the top two and with Innis, Famewo, Morgan, Smyth and others to return.

:D 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Such a better Saturday evening...

I'll turn them inside out and get another weeks wear out of em!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    As I said during the game, the notion that Matthews is a more attacking right-back than Gunter is absolutely insane. How often does Matthews get to the byline? 
    Is the answer 4?
  • Options
    We had 5 bad mins and absolutely battered them 2nd half.  Unless you have just wooshed me 
    Maybe just a little bit.
    You rascal....