Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match thread: Charlton v AFC Wimbledon | Sat 12 Dec 2020

Comments

• Options
    Famewo out for 9 weeks.

Could be a blessing in disguise as I don't see Norwich recalling him now 
  • Options
    Trying to think the last time we scored 5 at home. I can only think of the Cardiff match but we must have done it since then. 
  • Options
    Trying to think the last time we scored 5 at home. I can only think of the Cardiff match but we must have done it since then. 
    Nope I believe you are correct, think Mendez or Benjy have said the same
  • Options
    Good performance, fans were great, Sandgaard spoke well, Forest and Millwall sliding toward the trap door what’s not to like 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Sadly this is me from yesterday, turns out it is 9 weeks out. What do they do in training?

Southbank said:
    MattF said:
    Suspect Bowyer has more confidence than I do

Thats Famewo out for 2 months then
  • Options
    Well, who in all honesty saw that coming?
    Wonder what price you would have got for 5-2?
    Personally, I was predicting a draw.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Nope I believe you are correct, think Mendez or Benjy have said the same
    Nov 2012 then. 8 years ago.
  • Options
    Took a while to get going  first time back for me since March 7th....mad 5 mins before ht...Gunter and Marsden or whatever his name is were superb. Bogle bloody donkey....great 2nd half performance.
  • Options
    We really do need to get a centre half in in January then. We're relatively lucky that we only have a couple of weeks until January and can get someone in to cover the fact we're missing our first choice central defensive pairing. Bowyer won't want to rush Deji back, and even if he does we can't be going on with two centre halves who have already had bad injuries this season. That will be all four out for long period before Christmas, which is nuts. I think we'll have to have a look around for a young loanee who someone is willing to lend us
  • Options
    The only good thing the ref did was to book their ‘keeper early for time wasting; other than that I thought he was dreadful.

Madison has started to show what he is capable of. He and Forster-Caskey are a class above most midfielders in this division.

Bogle tried really hard, got into some great positions, but he’s no Aneke.

Overall, a good performance, and while 5-2 may flatter us, all the goals were really well worked.
  • Options
    I thought we were very average first half but did not deserve to be losing. Second half was so much better especially once Williams and Aneke on, I'm really not sure what Gilbey offers. Everything was so much more positive, there seemed more energy, more work rate and more driving runs. JFC excellent, its just a bit of a puzzle with him as he has the ability it's just trying to get that consistently though I suspect a lot has to do with his body not being able to handle it nearly twice a week. 

Maddison's best game for us though I thought he was poor first half. I really hope he does kick on from that performance. Honourable mention for Washington as well, thought he was very good and a constant annoyance for them with his running. 

• Options
    edited December 2020
    As good a result this time as the last was bad.

That said the inconsistency is bafflingly consistent. We get a good result, and then an awful showing, then a good one, then a bad one... There's not much of a run of any kind of form. It's very odd.

That said, spend well in January (and thank Christ for an owner who has the means and intelligence to grasp planning in advance) and hopefully the kinks will be ironed out. 

An upgrade up front to take pressure off Aneke and a CB (if Famewo really is going to be out for months) a priority for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How the funk can we be below Portsmouth!? They were shite against us
  • Options
    Yay!  We played like men possessed in the second half: aggressive, going for the jugular.  Much better than all that navel-gazing, pissing about at the back.  Bowyer had given them a rocket.  And Chuks proved he's better than Bogle - which ain't saying much!

Hadn't seen Joe Pigott since he flopped with us.  Hugely impressed - he has matured in to a real player, making moves work in midfield - far more than just a bean-pole goal-hanger.  Can we sign him up?!

Now - we must continue that ruthless aggression, forward tempo, against Bristol Rovers on Tuesday night... 

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    How the funk can we be below Portsmouth!? They were shite against us
    They've played a game more?
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    First time since 18-19 that the diamond has worked to perfection. Most entertaining match I've watched in ages! 
    Commentary seemed to suggest that we went to a 3-5-2 second half?
    At the end, when Oshilaja came on, yes. 
  • Options
    Enjoying the valley pass after show as well. Gary Windass off Corrie on here now. 

So sad to hear you watch Corrie.

I thought Windass was a footballer.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
  • Options
    As I said at half time, I wasn't too fussed that we were behind as I could see we were the better team & we just needed to score more than them to win. Sounds obvious but that is all football is about.

We looked a lot better going to a back 3 & Gunter had a stormer. Game changed with the addition of Williams & Aneke.......if only both could start & last 90 mins then we have a chance of top 2.
    LOL, you also said "Sorry but I can't see us scoring 2 more."

At least you might stop moaning for one evening ..... although I suspect we'll see little of you tonight.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    SamE7 said:
    Hard to excited after that first half performance.
    So the second half didn't get you going then? I suppose 4 goals weren't enough 
    Careful Sam Santa might cross you off his list Friday week  :o  I think he was avin a laugh by the way ;)