Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match thread: Charlton v AFC Wimbledon | Sat 12 Dec 2020

Comments

• Options
    That's more like it. Enough said.
  • Options
    Can’t argue with that. 

Surely Bowyer can see what line up gives us more intent. 
  • Options
    Wa-hayyy... Goalfest
  • Options
    Great team result, just what they deserved. Pleased as punch. Coverage on valley live was excellent. Well worth a tenner. The emotion of Thomas  towards Charlton during half time chat was plain to see. Onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    first half poor, then chucks and williams come on - hopefully in the window we will bring more in that are at their level and be able to have a 90 minute threat 
  • Options
    From the 1st minute of the second half we upped the tempo , none of the sideways backwards passing shit . This was intensified when Chuks and JW replaced Bogle and Gilbey and we ripped them apart . Purrington's goal was the icing on the cake . 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very pleased with that second half performance. Worthy of the three goals scored and the fourth in added time was a lovely bonus.

Some work still to be done defensively. Pearce is a great leader but not the tallest and Pratley being a central midfielder will always be more comfrtoable with the ball to feet. When Inniss and Famewo finally return, I think that any aerial struggles will turn around swiftly.
  • Options
    Really interesting at the end that Piggot spent a lot of time going round the Charlton players - particularly as he didn't play with most of them - and LB gave him a very big handshake.

Worth a crafty bid in January? Or a swop deal for Bogle?

Sandgaard basically said pre match we have signed 2 players already. Doubt its Pigott tho, but I was impressed with him.
  • Options
    Very good.
    Quick observation that JFC was man of the match.
  • Options
    Great team display today. I know I'm going to get shot down but MM was my MOM he provides so much threat all the time. If he can be an automatic starter the goals will flow because other players will know the ball is going into danger areas. Chuks made a massive impact obviously but we know he doesnt when he starts games it's a shame but what an impact sub he is
  • Options
    Hard to excited after that first half performance.
    Hard not to get excited over the second half. We looked like we would create a chance every time we were in the final third. And we were in the final third a lot
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so some of those post match comments from LB seem targeted at a few fans tbh. I completely see why. He should have dedicated that win to a few donuts that post on here 
  • Options
    Didn’t see that second half coming. Our subs all season have been finding the net. On to Tuesday.
  • Options
    Kinda wondering why we don't play high tempo all the time?
  • Options
    Probably stating what is being said before but really good management from Bows second half. I, like others have thrown some deserved criticism his way but to set us up and go for it second half was outstanding. Aneke and Williams changed the game. I thought the full backs were superb, we generally lack width because of Doughty and Smyth's absence but Gunter and Maatsen were brilliant second half. I thought Watson and JFC controlled everything and Maddison showed more glimpses of his obvious ability. Deserved credit to Bowyer though, warrants some plaudits that. 
  • Options
    Well, that is the way to get me to cough up more tenners! No sign of the team sitting back after going ahead - you never know how important goal difference could be at the end of the season.
  • Options
    I don't think Aneke plays with the same intensity when he starts games. Bowyer has stated before that Bogle wears the defenders down then Chuks, who is the more skilful of the two, comes on and takes advantage. It's worked before, it worked today.

I liked the way we mixed the play today with Amos sometimes playing short, sometimes kicking long. Generally it's been one or the other and therefore predictable. A lot of players deserve credit today but I'll leave that for the marks thread but huge respect to Jonny Williams who did brilliantly after what happened last week.

Enjoyed the new Valley Pass coverage and great that it debuted with a seven goal game.

• Options
    Its a difficult one with Chuks as you could say start him, get the two goal lead and then we can take him off

Trouble is what if he tires and we've not scored yet?

Is it better to have him fresh and everyone else tired, or risk that we will score with him starting?
  • Options
    Great 2nd half. Upped the tempo. Jonny Williams is the man. A lot of players would have the hump after last week but he came on and did the business. Gunter atoned for his penalty giveaway last week. Nice to see a creative player like Maddison in a charlton shirt. A couple of great passes and a sublime back heel in the 2nd half. Hopefully he will get better and better. Bogle not setting the world on fire but plays a role softening up the defence for Chuks.