Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Swindon v Charlton | Sat 19 Dec 2020

Comments

• Options
    Very poor result against a poor team and negative tactics. Why?
  • Options
    "If each person did their job, we would have come back with 3 points."
    "We were in control"
    ...that's all we are going to hear.

Take some accountability Lee. Opposition's know to save energy and attack your team's in the last 5 as they will crumble.
  • Options
    Omar set to be thrown under the bus today. Won't be down to that piss tactical change by LB
  • Options
    Caved in as usual when asked to defend a 1 goal league against one of the weakest teams in the league.
    7 defensive players on, but they aren't up to it. Shit tactics and soft, mentally weak players.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Game was crying out for Williams to run down the clock with his pace and his ability to win set-pieces. So pee'd off.
    But then he proved against Shrewsbury that he wasnt the man to come on and lift the pressure for us?

Its not like we were all over Swindon all afternoon, they were constantly a threat, they didnt sit back like Wimbledon

I dont agree with the two defensive substitutions, part of me can see why they were made
  • Options
    I don't like criticising Lord Bowyer but those dropped points are down to him and his defensive tactics.

We had the beating of Swindon in the second half.

Instead of adopting a "what we have we hold" attitude we should have been pushing to increase our lead.

Goal difference is going to be as important as points so seeing the likes of Pompey, Lincoln, Donny, Posh et al winning by 2 or 3 goals each week puts us at a disadvantage if we're trying to win matches by one.
  • Options
    Was only half watching, whilst the news was on in the background, noticed all the usual defensive subs so it was inevitable we were heading for a swashbuckling, backs to the wall, panic stations last 20 mins against that almighty Real Swindon Town. 

Almost a relief to get the equaliser out of the way whilst there were still a few minutes on the clock. 
  • Options
    Just play to win the game FFS. We proved time and again we concede late when going defensive. Whats wrong with trying to score 3 or 4 rather than holding out. Proved against Wimbledon we are capable and id rather us drop points playing attacking football
    This in spades.
  • Options
    As I said, the only explanation must be that Bows is placing bets on the opposition to score late in the game....no-one is that thick that they would keep repeating a sure-fire point losing tactic, expecting success, surely?

Absolutely bewildering.
  • Options
    Game was crying out for Williams to run down the clock with his pace and his ability to win set-pieces. So pee'd off.
    But then he proved against Shrewsbury that he wasnt the man to come on and lift the pressure for us?

Its not like we were all over Swindon all afternoon, they were constantly a threat, they didnt sit back like Wimbledon

I dont agree with the two defensive substitutions, part of me can see why they were made
    He proved against Shrewsbury that he could play a part in us scoring a goal 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Leuth said:
    Omar set to be thrown under the bus today. Won't be down to that piss tactical change by LB
    If he throws Bogle under the bus, after we took the fucking lead anyway, I want him gone
    But its fine for him to slag off Gilbey?

Not saying that Gilbey should be absolved of any blame, but find it ridiculous how you're so prepared to protect Bogle but happy to slate Gilbey when neither have overly impressed

And before you come out with: "But Bogle scored", dont forget, Gilbey got an assist for our second so both were involved in each of our goals today, but did little else
  • Options
    Bow cant blame anyone but himself today. Awful tactics against a team that have lost the last 4 games. Be interesting what he has to say in his post match presser. Cant blame Albie or Williams this week Lee.
    It's entirely predictable what he will say. He says the same thing every game.
  • Options
    Lincoln go to 5th bottom Northampton and win 4-0. We manage a draw against a team 3rd bottom. Difference between grabbing a game by the bollocks and managing to kick yourself in your own bollocks.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

He proved against Shrewsbury that he could play a part in us scoring a goal 
    He also proved how useless he is if the team are putting us under pressure
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    If he throws Bogle under the bus, after we took the fucking lead anyway, I want him gone
    But its fine for him to slag off Gilbey?

Not saying that Gilbey should be absolved of any blame, but find it ridiculous how you're so prepared to protect Bogle but happy to slate Gilbey when neither have overly impressed

And before you come out with: "But Bogle scored", dont forget, Gilbey got an assist for our second so both were involved in each of our goals today, but did little else
    He hasn't ever slagged off Gilbey, is the difference 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Yes, Lee is a bit thick, but what sort of wanker includes Charlton in all of their weekend’s accas?
    Everyone one on here that does the CL Prediction League  ;)