Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Swindon v Charlton | Sat 19 Dec 2020

Comments

• Options
    Stewart said:
    Gutted, but Palace lost 7-0 so I will get over it. 
    Helps a little bit.

• Options
    We’re all new that goal was coming excited bowyer game was calling for j w not a norther defender 
  • Options
    Players must be getting a bit pissed off with this by now as well. Sure they'd rather not be shutting up shop with 20 to go. 
  • Options
    Twice in 3 matches we've brought on Matthews to try and hang on to a lead, and twice it hasn't worked

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results...
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    MattF said:
    What does Bowyer see happening in these games that we don't, every Charlton fan watching knew exactly what was going to happen when those subs were made
    correct and when pitman came on i knew who was going to score the goal 
    Destined to happen as soon as it was said he'd never scored against us
  • Options
    Was it the players Christmas party last night ? We were slow and disinterested from the start   , scoring two lucky goals before going ultra defensive after taking the lead . The rest was predictable and all down to Bowyer  .
  • Options
    If anyone other than Bow had made the same mistakes over and over again, then they would have been up the road.
    The only plus side is that maybe Bow does not trust some of the players in the squad so hopefully he can get better players in the window.
    Either way it’s all a bit ‘Chris Powell’.
  • Options
    Bowyer is really starting to get on my nerves with his selections and then with his in game management. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This isn’t a promotion side because of our forwards.  No criticism aimed at them or the management team, who were doing last minute shopping on a shoe string . 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Bowyer does love the 'Let's be professional, and see the game out' mentality. 
    I'm not a fan, as it doesn't seem to work. I prefer the way we dealt with Wimbledon, by attacking them.
    Long ball was effective first half into a strong wind, but it was never going to work with the wind behind us second half. Pretty gutted about the performance today.

• Options
    Midfield don't seem to work as a unit, in or out of possession, for any extended period of time. It looks like we just don't work on how to cut teams open. MK Dons were impressive in that respect.
  • Options
    Should've battered them. They were dreadful. Bit embarrassing going so defensive against such a woeful side.

Love Bowyer, but struggling to understand why he paid so much respect to Swindon. 
  • Options
    The points we have lost already due to Bowyer's 'panic stations' game management tactic could already be the difference between automatic promotion and the play offs.

It could end up being the difference between reaching the play-offs and being also rans.

We have a good squad for this level; good enough to get promoted, IMHO.  Yes, we have been shafted by injuries, as per.  However, a lack of tactical common sense has also seriously cost us this season and promotion is often a matter of fine margins.

At the moment we seem to be a charity for shit teams - 'here, have some points!'

Very frustrating.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    He just doesn’t learn

Out of curiosity how many late goals have we scored ourselves? - Sunderland in the Play-Off Final is obviously one
  • Options
    We do have a serious problem with conceding late goals. I just hope that Bowyer realises why that is, as it's happened across two very different teams now so it's not just the personnel. Hopefully Bowyer will have a chat with Curbs, he understood the balance between closing a game down and handing over the impetus to the opposition
  • Options
    Caved in as usual when asked to defend a 1 goal league against one of the weakest teams in the league.
    7 defensive players on, but they aren't up to it. Shit tactics and soft, mentally weak players.

its nothing to do with the players - Lb was swindon's 12th man i'm afraid 
  • Options
    Echo the views of all on here. Predictable. Should have pressed to kill the game off. Started playing deep on 70. That's 4 points lost in the last two away games against poor teams. Let's hope a change of tactics following that.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    I'm not normally one of the LB knockers but today was 100% down to him. We had total control of the game and there was not a chance we wasnt going to win. You dont take off your midfield for defenders when in that situation. As others have said I hope he stops doing that otherwise he is just being plain stupid. I'm not even interested in his post match interview all ot will be is we have to learn how to close matches out. No Lee you need to learn mate
    If carries on like that then I’ll be avoiding the stress of live stream and be checking the full time results
  • Options
    Extremely bored of Bowyers turgid football , and piss poor tactics & game management! 

No chance this team will be getting promoted with its inability to stand resolute and the managements poor choices constantly letting games slip away! 

Change neede
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Omar set to be thrown under the bus today. Won't be down to that piss tactical change by LB
    If he throws Bogle under the bus, after we took the fucking lead anyway, I want him gone
    But its fine for him to slag off Gilbey?

Not saying that Gilbey should be absolved of any blame, but find it ridiculous how you're so prepared to protect Bogle but happy to slate Gilbey when neither have overly impressed

And before you come out with: "But Bogle scored", dont forget, Gilbey got an assist for our second so both were involved in each of our goals today, but did little else
    He hasn't ever slagged off Gilbey, is the difference 
    No I know, I'm saying if he does slag off Gilbey today, is that acceptable?

I ask you because you were screaming all match for Gilbey to get off but he was as effective as Bogle was today
    gilbey was shit - take him off and put williams on and leave everything else alone and we'd have won that game by 4 or 5 
  • Options
    Didn’t think I would say this but it’s time to part company with the Bowyer & Jacko.
    we won’t move forward with this negative man at the helm

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    This isn’t a promotion side because of our forwards.  No criticism aimed at them or the management team, who were doing last minute shopping on a shoe string . 
    Don't buy that. It's not a striker that has cost points against Shrewsbury, Gillingham, Swindon. 
    If Bogle put away that sitter may have been a different result
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    He just doesn’t learn

Out of curiosity how many late goals have we scored ourselves? - Sunderland in the Play-Off Final is obviously one
    QPR away and Wigan at home 

I don’t count WBA away as that was in the 90 mins 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    J BLOCK said:
    He just doesn’t learn

QPR away and Wigan at home 

I don’t count WBA away as that was in the 90 mins 
    In which case there are seven games mentioned in that list that cant be counted either?