Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Swindon v Charlton | Sat 19 Dec 2020

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Omar set to be thrown under the bus today. Won't be down to that piss tactical change by LB
    If he throws Bogle under the bus, after we took the fucking lead anyway, I want him gone
    But its fine for him to slag off Gilbey?

Not saying that Gilbey should be absolved of any blame, but find it ridiculous how you're so prepared to protect Bogle but happy to slate Gilbey when neither have overly impressed

And before you come out with: "But Bogle scored", dont forget, Gilbey got an assist for our second so both were involved in each of our goals today, but did little else
    He hasn't ever slagged off Gilbey, is the difference 
    No I know, I'm saying if he does slag off Gilbey today, is that acceptable?

I ask you because you were screaming all match for Gilbey to get off but he was as effective as Bogle was today
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Omar set to be thrown under the bus today. Won't be down to that piss tactical change by LB
    If he throws Bogle under the bus, after we took the fucking lead anyway, I want him gone

Not saying that Gilbey should be absolved of any blame, but find it ridiculous how you're so prepared to protect Bogle but happy to slate Gilbey when neither have overly impressed

And before you come out with: "But Bogle scored", dont forget, Gilbey got an assist for our second so both were involved in each of our goals today, but did little else

I ask you because you were screaming all match for Gilbey to get off but he was as effective as Bogle was today
    He shouldn't be slagging anyone off but himself.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

Bogle came off because one of the best players in the League plays in his position. I don't recall Bogle giving it away for fun or being constantly outfought as Gilbey was. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Jingle Bells Jingles Bells
    We got done once more
    Thank you Bows we've had such fun
    CL is in uproar!

• Options
    I said at HT can we be pro active and get at this defence. Aneke comes on and we look better in our movement. We go 2-1 up and Lee Bowyer decides to go defensive ?
    But Inniss and Famewo aren't playing so corners and set pieces will be problematical so why invite pressure ?

Bizarre, at least play Jonny Williams as a sub as he was buzzing from last week if he doesn't start.

4 points dropped from Shrewsbury and Swindon. Gutted again by the strange tactics. All momentum from the 5-2 win was lost from Kick off.

A bigger mystery than an Agatha Christie book.

Who dun it ?  Well it wasn't the butler.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 points dropped to 2 relegation sides in a week. 
    That’s not auto promo form sadly. 
  • Options
    Are there any actual figures on how many games we've lost points on in the last ten minutes of games? It feels like so many over the last season or so.

Bowyer still has lots of credit in the bank with me but I do despair at some of his game management sometimes. Time and time again we try and see out games by being defensive and time and time again we either get lucky and scrape through, or end up dropping points. Today was no exception and as much as hindsight is a wonderful thing you could almost call exactly what was going to happen today as soon as we tried to shut up shop.

Onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    Bowyer and Boris can both do one.

Terrible subs cost us again, so defensive when we should have been taking the game to them.

Just so disappointing we cant defend when teams throw everything at us.
  • Options
    Great opportunity to go third with games in hand on the leaders wasted again. Soon as the linesman's extra time board starts to get ready, we go to pieces.

Met a couple of Pompey mates on my way home from work this morning who are adamant we will win this league. They said they are playing crap but keep winning.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

Bogle came off because one of the best players in the League plays in his position. I don't recall Bogle giving it away for fun or being constantly outfought as Gilbey was. 
    Strange Bogle came off so early though isnt it? - Its the earliest he's been replaced apart from Burton

Bowyer cant have been happy with something about him, rather than wanting to get one of the best Strikers in the Division on...

Maybe he was just frustrated by the extremely soft effort he wasted.

I dont know, I cant truly comment until I've heard what Bowyer has to say this week
  • Options
    I can understand the defensive subs being made in the case where we have the one goal lead in the last moments of the game and haven't been able to kill off the game, but to do it with 20 odd minutes left is horrendous. And makes for some seriously shit watching as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 points dropped to 2 relegation sides in a week. 
    That’s not auto promo form sadly. 
    Plus the other teams that we have lost or drawn with when they were at or near the bottom.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    It’s just not the subs but switching Maatsen to 3 different positions as well. The poor lad looked as confused as hell. He obviously doesn’t trust Williams but he should have come on for Washington who looked ineffective today. They looked poor defensively and we should have had a higher line to pressure them late on
    He does do some strange things sometimes. Maatsen on the right being one of them. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Team for Plymouth on Boxing Day

Amos

Gunter Matthews Oshilaja Pratley Pearce Purrington

Watson 

JFC Maatsen

Gilbey 
    Thanks Lee 
  • Options
     Bogle and gilbey ! Why?
  • Options