Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The cancelled game thread (due to Covid)

Comments

• Options
    So there we go, EFL not testing, probably suits them not to 
  • Options
    Swindon have Covid cases also, so their game is off.

A bit worrying that they also had their Christmas party on Sunday at Winter Wonderland 
  • Options
    Swindon have Covid cases also, so their game is off.

A bit worrying that they also had their Christmas party on Sunday at Winter Wonderland 
    Mate of mine who was there said Crawley were also there, who've just had their game off. 
  • Options

• Options
    Bolton Wycombe is the latest game to go.

I think the L1 and L2 clubs deliberately waited for my previous email before announcing their cancellations
  • Options
    Bolton Wycombe is the latest game to go.

I think the L1 and L2 clubs deliberately waited for my previous email before announcing their cancellations
    Is your name Jonah?
  • Options
    Lincoln Doncaster also, Donnie with the outbreak
  • Options
    Lincoln Doncaster also, Donnie with the outbreak
    11 out of 46 games so far
  • Options
    Just seem Sky News who are reporting new EFL mandate on playing matches.

Matches wil not be called off if you have 14 fit players (inc 1 gk) who are part of your 22 man named squad, as well as any U21 s not registered in that main squad but who have played 1 league game.

Some other bits about other players but didnt catch it all.
  • Options
    In light of the increased transmission rate of the Covid-19 Omicron variant, the EFL has moved to implement a regime of enhanced training ground protocols, increased testing and has provided updated guidance on the minimum number of available players that are required to fulfil a fixture.
    https://www.efl.com/news/2021/december/efl-statement-covid-19-update/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Coventry V Stoke off due to a covid19 outbreak in Stoke's squad
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I would be surprised if all football and other events don't start to cancel, and hospitality shuts down due to staff sickness with the numbers going where they are, what worries me is the that our pub will shut but the inlaws will still come to ours for xmas eve... (ffs)
  • Options
    West Ham v Norwich. Southampton v Brentford. Watford v Palace. Everton v Leicester. All postponed.

Pause the season, this is now becoming a bit of a shambles. 
  • Options
    Will the FA allow any Premier/Championship teams to play their new transferred in January player deals in the rearranged matches?

If so, isn't that similar to Verstappen finishing his race on Sunday with fresh tyres?
  • Options
    West Ham v Norwich. Southampton v Brentford. Watford v Palace. Everton v Leicester. All postponed.

Pause the season, this is now becoming a bit of a shambles. 
    That's 4 out of 6. Going to be a very short Match of the Day!
  • Options
    25% of EFL players not intending to get vaccinated. Shocking, disgraceful and idiotic. 
    That is a ridiculous number. The EFL should say ‘no jab, no play’ and the clubs ‘no play, no pay’.
  • Options
    What’s the unvaccinated % of the gp?
    25% in football is a huge number
    i wonder if other sports are similar and it’s athletes rather than footballers who are reluctant 
  • Options
    Just seem Sky News who are reporting new EFL mandate on playing matches.

Matches wil not be called off if you have 14 fit players (inc 1 gk) who are part of your 22 man named squad, as well as any U21 s not registered in that main squad but who have played 1 league game.

Some other bits about other players but didnt catch it all.
    Time to go wading back through the records of the great injury crisis of 2019-20 to check which of our youth got deployed in the league games. Vennings and Henry? Or was that the FA Cup? Vennings is out on loan anyway. And then there's Barker from last season, and presumably Clayden's couple of sub appearances at the start of this season will count too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 more games called off in L2 today, half the 12 games off now
  • Options
    That's 22 matches postponed over the weekend now.
  • Options
    With daily testing now in the EFL, the games are going to continue to go down like nine-pins.

I'd like to see more senior figures within clubs strongly encourage players to get jabbed. The approach of Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool and Conor Coady at Wolves have led to a 100% vaccination rate at their respective clubs.
  • Options
    Now Pep has recorded an inconclusive test and is awaiting the result from a PCR test
  • Options
    Peps Mum died from Covid so he should be the enforcer at Man City.
  • Options
    Wimbledon vs Pompey off

I assume that won't affect our game on Boxing Day
  • Options
    6 games left in L1, 4 in L2
  • Options
    6 games left in L1, 4 in L2
    24 out of 46 games off in the 4 divisions.
  • Options
    Wimbledon vs Pompey off

Portsmouth informed the EFL that it would be unable to fulfil the fixture at the Cherry Red Records Stadium due to a number of positive COVID-19 cases in their squad.
    https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2021/december/match-versus-portsmouth-is-postponed/
  • Options
    clive said:
    Wimbledon vs Pompey off

Portsmouth informed the EFL that it would be unable to fulfil the fixture at the Cherry Red Records Stadium due to a number of positive COVID-19 cases in their squad.
    https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2021/december/match-versus-portsmouth-is-postponed/
    Hmmmm  - If the new EFL rues are being strictly adhered to it they must have at least 8 players down with it.