Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The cancelled game thread (due to Covid)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Tomorrow's surviving fixtures in the top four tiers:

Aston Villa v Burnley
    Leeds v Arsenal

Middlesbrough v Bournemouth
    Blackburn v Birmingham
    Blackpool v Peterborough
    Bristol City v Huddersfield
    Nottm Forest v Hull

Cambridge v Rotherham
    Ipswich v Sunderland
    Morecambe v Fleetwood
    Oxford v Wigan
    Plymouth v Charlton
    Shrewsbury v Cheltenham

Rochdale v Newport
    Salford v Stevenage
    Sutton v Harrogate
    Tranmere v Leyton Orient
  • Options
    Leeds 1 Arsenal 2
    Blackburn 2 Birmingham 2
    Bristol C  1 Huddersfield 2
  • Options
    Tomorrow's surviving fixtures in the top four tiers:

Aston Villa v Burnley
    Leeds v Arsenal

Middlesbrough v Bournemouth
    Blackburn v Birmingham
    Blackpool v Peterborough
    Bristol City v Huddersfield
    Nottm Forest v Hull

Cambridge v Rotherham
    Ipswich v Sunderland
    Morecambe v Fleetwood
    Oxford v Wigan
    Plymouth v Charlton
    Shrewsbury v Cheltenham

Rochdale v Newport
    Salford v Stevenage
    Sutton v Harrogate
    Tranmere v Leyton Orient
    Are the pools panel sitting then....?
  • Options
    I bet we still won’t get more than 20 seconds on Quest
  • Options
    Vaccination rates in different leagues:

Premier League 68% (Oct figures) 
    EFL 59%

Bundasliga 94%
    France 95%
    La Liga 92.8%
    Serie A 98%

US Sports:
    MLS 95%
    NBA 90%
    NFL 93%
  • Options
    Any logical reason as to why vaccinated players here would be so low compared to other leagues? 

"According to the EFL, 25% of players currently do not intend to get a vaccine"
  • Options
    Perhaps the best way to encourage players to get vaccinated would be for clubs to announce that any unvaccinated players who catch covid and miss games will then not be paid for the time they spend isolating. Might not bother some of the PL superstars who are already multi-millionaires but should at least encourage some of those further down the leagues.

Not sure on the legalities of it though, but i know Bayern announced it for their squad.
  • Options
    Perhaps the best way to encourage players to get vaccinated would be for clubs to announce that any unvaccinated players who catch covid and miss games will then not be paid for the time they spend isolating. Might not bother some of the PL superstars who are already multi-millionaires but should at least encourage some of those further down the leagues.

Not sure on the legalities of it though, but i know Bayern announced it for their squad.
    Cant be done mate. I looked at that option for my company as a way of encouraging staff to get vaccinated but when I asked the question my HR Department went onto meltdown ! 
  • Options
    Any idea of any positive cases with the Charlton squad 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

yeah they made an example out of their unvaccinated players with no pay while quarantined etc

This site has a good timeline of the events at Bayern and which players have had their vaccine since they stopped being paid.
    seems Kimmich is having more lung problems now unfortunately 

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2021/11/23/22798275/bayern-munich-vs-unvaccinated-players-all-updates-timeline-joshua-kimmich-serge-gnabry-controversy
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Villa Burnley off, 2 hours before kickoff and an hour after I bring in 2 Villa players into my Fantasy team  :#
  • Options
    Villa Burnley off, 2 hours before kickoff and an hour after I bring in 2 Villa players into my Fantasy team  :#
    How have they got to the point where it’s 2 hours before the game before they cancel. Are the player/staff only doing LFT that close to the game, or did someone start feeling really ill all of a sudden?
  • Options
    How have they got to the point where it’s 2 hours before the game before they cancel. Are the player/staff only doing LFT that close to the game, or did someone start feeling really ill all of a sudden?
    Ridiculous unless somehow 10 players or whatever all suddenly went down this morning with it.
  • Options
    Ha ha same. Absolute chaos this week.
  • Options
    *Europa Conference League
  • Options
    It's easy to say as we lost today, and I wasn't going to Plymouth but will be going to Wimbledon, but it shouldn't have been played

You've got Omicron running rampant through the football world, with some teams having enough cases to have a game called off, and others not enough but still badly affected. A firebreak weekend was surely a sensible thing to have, with so many games called off already

In addition, you've got hundreds of fans coming down from London, the peak area for the virus, to the West country, which isn't great either. 
  • Options
    It's easy to say as we lost today, and I wasn't going to Plymouth but will be going to Wimbledon, but it shouldn't have been played

You've got Omicron running rampant through the football world, with some teams having enough cases to have a game called off, and others not enough but still badly affected. A firebreak weekend was surely a sensible thing to have, with so many games called off already

In addition, you've got hundreds of fans coming down from London, the peak area for the virus, to the West country, which isn't great either. 
    I think for me.
    25 of the 46 games were cancelled,  so why not call all the games off.
    We will see over the next week how many of the teams who played today have cases.
    This will probably mean a lot of games off boxing day.
  • Options
    What’s the point in taking a fire break weekend though. It’s not like players and staff are not going to be catching over the next few weeks. Might as well agree to take a prolonged winter break, or if teams can get games going then try that instead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A reasonable person might expect the Premier League to now forgo their 2 week winter break, scheduled for mid-end January, and play the outstanding matches then. 

But then The Premier league aren't reasonable. 
  • Options
    Can’t see many Boxing Day games being on. 
  • Options
    Saw a stat that every other top league on Europe has over 90% of players vaccinated, while the Premier League only has 68%.

Only the Premier League having so many matches called off.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Saw a stat that every other top league on Europe has over 90% of players vaccinated, while the Premier League only has 68%.

Only the Premier League having so many matches called off.
    Think the % in the EFL is even worse! 
  • Options
    razil said:
    I bet we still won’t get more than 20 seconds on Quest

A blessing in disguise then after yesterdays game isn't it..20 seconds may be pushing it.. B)
  • Options
    I admire the approach but surely it depends on the player.

"Hi Jurgen, Kylian Mbappe here. I'd like to sign for you instead of Madrid on a free in the summer but i'm not vaccinated."

Ermm ok i think we'll make an exception here.