Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The cancelled game thread (due to Covid)

Comments

• Options
    It's easy to say as we lost today, and I wasn't going to Plymouth but will be going to Wimbledon, but it shouldn't have been played

You've got Omicron running rampant through the football world, with some teams having enough cases to have a game called off, and others not enough but still badly affected. A firebreak weekend was surely a sensible thing to have, with so many games called off already

In addition, you've got hundreds of fans coming down from London, the peak area for the virus, to the West country, which isn't great either. 
    I still stand by my previous thoughts a few days ago

If the PL and EFL had on Thursday or Friday called off all that weekend's matches, it would have at least stopped the spread of the virus from infected to non infected players
  • Options
    Belv said:
    shine166 said:
    Belv said:
    Croydon said:
    shine166 said:
    At very minimum, fans need to be stopped from attending until late Jan 
    People practically begging for a lockdown at this point.
    Do these weirdos not realise they can stay in their house forever if they want without the government telling them to?
    How about do things to try and avoid it ? 

...I guess not 

How about it's been here for over 2 years and will be here for many years more.

You're not avoiding it.

Get your vaccines and get on.
    I live my life just normally, but think while there's a new waive it's best to take some precautions. I know there's literally zero middle ground for some people, but others think that while nearly 100k people are becoming sick every day... it might be worth bringing in a few changes. 

Crazy idea I know 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Croydon said:
    shine166 said:
    It’s Embarrassing 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    shine166 said:

Croydon said:
    shine166 said:
    It’s Embarrassing 
    What's actually embarrassing, is people like you that can't tell, that others want to try and avoid a complete lockdown. Mental health, is more important than going to a game of football. 
    No one is stopping you staying at home. 
    I am for the next couple games, bit I'd prefer to not have to do it for the next 6 weeks (as I keep saying) 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    shine166 said:

Croydon said:
    shine166 said:
    It’s Embarrassing 
    What's actually embarrassing, is people like you that can't tell, that others want to try and avoid a complete lockdown. Mental health, is more important than going to a game of football. 
    I am for the next couple games, bit I'd prefer to not have to do it for the next 6 weeks (as I keep saying) 
    You literally said the complete opposite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Why? We did similar last year and here we are going into 2022. 

Football’s been going on a while now and it hasn’t led to a massive spike in deaths. Just postpone games if and when needed.
    We are going into lockdown in a week anyway, really need 2 more fixtures of 1000s fans traveling up and down the country ? What is the point, Swansea have pulled fans and that the correct thing to do imo. 
    I suppose it’s a generational thing at this point. I respect your position but it’s not what I’d do
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Belv said:
    shine166 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    shine166 said:

Croydon said:
    shine166 said:
    It’s Embarrassing 

Oh yeah, so.i did

'What's actually embarrassing, is people like you that can't tell, that others want to try and avoid a complete lockdown. Mental health, is more important than going to a game of football.'
  • Options
    Mental health argument stopped counting last year IMO. Remember last year when people were saying wanting to see family over Xmas was selfish, and Christmas was just a bit of Turkey. Just saying we can’t pick and choose when to throw that around.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Belv said:
    shine166 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    shine166 said:

Croydon said:
    shine166 said:
    It’s Embarrassing 

Oh yeah, so.i did

'What's actually embarrassing, is people like you that can't tell, that others want to try and avoid a complete lockdown. Mental health, is more important than going to a game of football.'
    "At a very minimum, fans need to be stopped from attending until late Jan" (As bolded in my post, which you conveniently ignored)

At a very minimum you said, you're even suggesting it should possibly go on for longer than 6 weeks.

Here is an idea, all the people that want to stay at home for 6 weeks can and all those who want to go to football for 6 weeks can. Frankly, I'm getting tired of people deciding for me whether I should be allowed to go to football or not, the only person who should be making that decision is me.
  • Options
    Mental health argument stopped counting last year IMO. Remember last year when people were saying wanting to see family over Xmas was selfish, and Christmas was just a bit of Turkey. Just saying we can’t pick and choose when to throw that around.
    Nothing selfish about seeing family, admittedly some may find that same support at the match from friends. Its a massive grey area/issue that needs traversing.

I've simply stated that I think stopping fans travelling for a week or 2, could help keep numbers down and help prevent another full blown lockdown. Why that makes people so angry I don't know 

• Options
    Posh vs Reading the first announcement today of a Boxing Day postponement
  • Options
    And in this particular case the horse has bolted. Omicron has already spread exponentially.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Nothing selfish about seeing family, admittedly some may find that same support at the match from friends. Its a massive grey area/issue that needs traversing.

I've simply stated that I think stopping fans travelling for a week or 2, could help keep numbers down and help prevent another full blown lockdown. Why that makes people so angry I don't know 

That will do very little, as recently proven in other countries.

In Holland, games have been played with a reduced capacity for most of this season, and from early November completely behind closed doors. 2 days ago they went on a full lockdown until at least 14 Jan.

In Germany, games have also been played with a reduced capacity for most of this season, with some clubs now back to games behind closed doors plus fans can only attend games if they're vaccinated. Yesterday they had 280 deaths to our 44.
  • Options
    Millions of people hadn’t had three vaccinations in them at that point….
  • Options
    Bolton vs Morecambe off
  • Options
    Matches in Scotland will have a maximum capacity of 500 for the next 3 weeks
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Let's see what he says when his team's under 9s are thumped 8-0 by another teams first team due to a Corona outbreak. 
  • Options
    Few people on here would love that, perfect excuse to moan