Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The cancelled game thread (due to Covid)

Comments

• Options
    Welling v Dulwich off according to twitter: 
  • Options
    On Boxing Day now only 4 games left in L1 and 4 in L2
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Mental health argument stopped counting last year IMO. Remember last year when people were saying wanting to see family over Xmas was selfish, and Christmas was just a bit of Turkey. Just saying we can’t pick and choose when to throw that around.
    Nothing selfish about seeing family, admittedly some may find that same support at the match from friends. Its a massive grey area/issue that needs traversing.

I've simply stated that I think stopping fans travelling for a week or 2, could help keep numbers down and help prevent another full blown lockdown. Why that makes people so angry I don't know 

You really don't know why people are angry?!

I've put my opinion on the other threads. I'm not making any further comment here.
    You just have .....
  • Options
    DARTFORD V EBBSFLEET – GAME OFF
    DECEMBER 23, 2021
    Unfortunately due to a number of COVID cases in the Ebbsfleet camp the game on Boxing day will now not be going ahead.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Games during international breaks only need 3 players to be called up and the game is postponed, why are the same rules not applied to players mising due to covid?  
    Maybe because if you had three players called up to play for their country, they would probably be three of your best players.

You could have three fringe players catch Covid and it may not affect your team at all.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Games during international breaks only need 3 players to be called up and the game is postponed, why are the same rules not applied to players mising due to covid?  
    Maybe because if you had three players called up to play for their country, they would probably be three of your best players.

You could have three fringe players catch Covid and it may not affect your team at all.
    Unless they give it to other members of the squad or staff. 

Wouldn't it be faster to just have this be the "games still on" thread? 
  • Options

Full list of Boxing Day matches off

Premier League

Liverpool v Leeds

Wolves v Watford

Championship

Barnsley v Stoke City

Cardiff City v Coventry City

Fulham v Birmingham City

Millwall v Swansea City

Peterborough United v Reading

Preston North End v Sheffield United

League One

AFC Wimbledon v Charlton Athletic

Bolton Wanderers v Morecambe

Crewe Alexandra v Wigan Athletic

Gillingham v Ipswich Town

Portsmouth v Oxford United

Sheffield Wednesday v Burton Albion

Wycombe Wanderers v Cambridge United

League Two

Bradford City v Harrogate Town

Bristol Rovers v Sutton United

Exeter City v Swindon Town

Leyton Orient v Colchester

Newport County v Forest Green Rovers

Northampton Town v Walsall

Port Vale v Salford City

Stevenage v Crawley Town

National League

Barnet v Boreham Wood

FC Halifax Town v Grimsby Town

Wealdstone v Maidenhead United

Wrexham v Solihull Moors

28 December postponements

National League

Boreham Wood v Wealdstone

Grimsby Town v King's Lynn Town

29 December postponements

League Two

Bradford v Walsall

Forest Green Rovers v Exeter City

30 December postponements

Cambridge United v Doncaster Rovers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59728840

• Options
    It's like the old days, when pitches couldn't cope with ice and snow like they can now

Where's the pools panel?
  • Options
    do u think Us vs the Gills we be called off
  • Options
    do u think Us vs the Gills we be called off
    Do I think so? .... Yes.

Do I know? The same as everybody else. 
    I doubt it will be on. But we wait and see.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    So even they use thec7 day quarantine period 
    I cannot see how the game against Gillingham can go ahead. Even the new years day game must be a doubt.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
  • Options
    Everton’s request to postpone their Boxing Day away fixture at Burnley has been approved following a Premier League Board meeting this morning
  • Options
    Everton’s request to postpone their Boxing Day away fixture at Burnley has been approved following a Premier League Board meeting this morning
    “ The Premier League has postponed Everton's match at Burnley on Sunday because of coronavirus and injuries.”

Since when were injuries a factor in determining whether a match could go ahead?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    “ The Premier League has postponed Everton's match at Burnley on Sunday because of coronavirus and injuries.”

Since when were injuries a factor in determining whether a match could go ahead?
    Ours was postponed for the same reason

Gotta assume it's because injuries mean clubs don't have the players to cover for the covid cases, so whilst there might not be loads of covid cases maybe just half a dozen, they can't make the minimum squad due to injuries as well
  • Options
    Bromley seems to be one of the few games in the area to survive

• Options
    se9addick said:

Ours was postponed for the same reason

Gotta assume it's because injuries mean clubs don't have the players to cover for the covid cases, so whilst there might not be loads of covid cases maybe just half a dozen, they can't make the minimum squad due to injuries as well
    100% correct.

About the only time our injury "crisis" has benefitted us.
  • Options
    How hard would the logistics be to change the fixtures around? For example, Team A vs Team B, Team B have to cancel due to Covid cases. Team C vs Team D, Team C have to cancel due to Covid cases. Why can’t Team A play Team D? At least that’s one game on.
  • Options
    Gillingham home game off.
  • Options
    Tottenham game v Palace is on even though Palace wanted it postponed due to Covid issues. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting how few Prem games are postponed compared the the EFL .. are Prem players kept locked up in luxury hotels while the skint EFL trundlers travel by bus and live in multi occupancy accommodation ?
  • Options
    Hull vs Blackburn postponed by Hull 2 hours before kick-off
  • Options
    Expecting a loss then?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    So for all the Covid whinging by Palace over the last 3 days where they've tried 3 times to get the Spurs game called off, they make ONE change from their last starting XI.

Shambles.
    There needs to be a stricter protocol in place. Has to be a set number of confirmed cases, because at the moment it just seems to be clubs making it up as they go along
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    So for all the Covid whinging by Palace over the last 3 days where they've tried 3 times to get the Spurs game called off, they make ONE change from their last starting XI.

Shambles.
    There needs to be a stricter protocol in place. Has to be a set number of confirmed cases, because at the moment it just seems to be clubs making it up as they go along
    THERE.IS.IN.THE.EFL.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Shambles.
    THERE.IS.IN.THE.EFL.
    If you believe it's been followed correctly. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Cant believe the number of games off across all 4 divisions. Assuming clubs are adhering to EFL protocols you are looking at most clubs having around 6 players out due to Covid (the rest out due to injury which then count towards the 14 needed to make a playing team). 

I dont know of anyone thay has tested positive over the past 2 weeks. How come footballers are more susceptible...? Not being double jabbed  ?   Being tested a couple of times a week  ? Combination of the 2 ??  Or something else  ?

• Options
    Cant believe the number of games off across all 4 divisions. Assuming clubs are adhering to EFL protocols you are looking at most clubs having around 6 players out due to Covid (the rest out due to injury which then count towards the 14 needed to make a playing team). 

I dont know of anyone thay has tested positive over the past 2 weeks. How come footballers are more susceptible...? Not being double jabbed  ?   Being tested a couple of times a week  ? Combination of the 2 ??  Or something else  ?

You dont know anyone in the past 2 weeks whose tested positive?